maseerah
Duncan

would I like to be invisible for a day!!!!

maseerah

Pro

My initial reaction would be, 'This is AMAZING!'. I'd love to get a laugh scaring people by moving their stuff around, loudly playing the piano, or writing, I'm watching you' on a whiteboard. After that I'd just have to go in all the doors that say 'NO ENTRY' or STAFF ONLY' just to see what's so important inside. Yet invisibility isn't a power everyone can use properly; it can easily be used for unethical ends. For example what would happen if someone found out about my invisibility and forced me to steal?
Duncan

Con

Absolutely not. I can give a list of reasons.

1; Your clothes are not invisible. You will still be perfectly visible unless you're naked

1.5 in which case you will be freezing and nude as you awkwardly brush past people.

2; Even if you were to have matching invisible clothes, dust particles would still stick to you.

3; Dirt would appear on your soles and water would stick to you.

4; People would see the dust and be like; Hmmm, I guess there's no one here; I'll just punch the air, not like there's anyone hiding in plain sight.

5; You can still be heard even if dirt doesn't stick to you.

6; Cars will be unable to see you and will not slow down like they would for other pedestrians

7; The most important. Since light would be reflected around you, no light would reach your retinas and you would be blind for the whole day. Imagine a day of blindness where no one can help you around because you're invisible. Downright awful.

Awaiting your response,

Duncan.
maseerah

Pro

maseerah forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

Yeah, I'll just forward the debate by 2 days now.
maseerah

Pro

maseerah forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

And that's all she wrote.
Posted by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
Only you can say whether you like it. Maybe you want "Being invisible for a day would have more good than bad." as the resolution. Clarify.
Posted by Graffiacane 3 years ago
Graffiacane
So, what does the Con do here?
Posted by TULIP 3 years ago
TULIP
Interesting topic...