shinigami
Husker

would ten ninja's be able to beat ten pirates in a fight to the death?

shinigami

Pro

This is my first ever debate on this site ^_^
OK. I believe firmly that ten ninja's could beat ten pirates in a fight to the death.
Why? Because ninja's are much more methodical. They would only strike at night when the pirates wouldn't be thinking about it. And the pirates wouldn't be able to fight because the ninja's would have already taken them down with throwing stars ^_^
I hope I find sum1 who will debate against me on this ^_^
Husker

Con

Your argument here seems to rest on the proviso that the pirates would be fast asleep when the ninjas attacked. Surely if the pirates attacked the ninjas while they were asleep it would be the pirates that would defeat the ninjas? Also the pirates would likely sleep aboard ship. A pirate's skill rests in his seamanship. Put ten ninjas and ten pirates on galleons and set them against each other and it seems pretty obvious that the pirates would be victorious. They wouldn't all be asleep at the same time. Those pirates on watch at night would ring the bells and have their crew at action stations at the first sign of trouble. Also the pirates would have cannons and guns at their disposal. As long as they kept their distance from the ninjas, whether at sea or on land, they could pick the ninjas off before they were close enough to employ their ninja skills.

Additionally I would say that you may be underestimating the swordsmanship of a pirate. I daresay a decent pirate would be as practiced in the art of swordplay as your average ninja. No matter how skilled in his art the ninja in question may be, it may be that their styles are simply incompatible and that the ninja's skills in swordsmanship would simply not be advantageous. Of course this is merely a possibility. It would be difficult to know whether this was true or not. Would a black belt karate master's skills be applicable to a fight with a heavyweight boxer?

Finally, I daresay the pirates would be substantially more wealthy than the ninjas. The pirates could use their wealth to hire mercenaries. They may even be able to hire ninja mercenaries and watch the fight from a comfortable crow's nest while they imbibe rum and reminisce about past glories. I would also expect a pirate to be highly cunning. They may be able to dissuade or distract the ninjas with gold doubloons.

Pirates would be highly experienced in evading desperate situations. Never underestimate a pirate, my friend.
shinigami

Pro

shinigami forfeited this round.
Husker

Con

Husker forfeited this round.
shinigami

Pro

Ok first i'll just pint out a few statements in your argument that I say are wrong.
1 " Finally, I daresay the pirates would be substantially more wealthy than the ninjas. The pirates could use their wealth to hire mercenaries. They may even be able to hire ninja mercenaries and watch the fight from a comfortable crow's nest while they imbibe rum and reminisce about past glories."
Ok i'll pint out what this debate is about. The title states would TEN ninja's beat TEN pirates in a fight to the death. So thebate is strictly only ten on each side with mercenaries orninj's on the pirates side.
2:They (the pirates) wouldn't all be asleep at the same time. Those pirates on watch at night would ring the bells and have their crew at action stations at the first sign of trouble.
Ok, ninja's are notorious for their steath. A few ninja's would climb on board the pirate ship and slently pick off each pirate one by one. Starting with the one who's manning the bell.

If you made a pirate and a ninja fight on board a piarte ship. The ninja would win due to his steath skill and accurate weaponry such as the throwing star and the katana. The pirate wouldnt stand a chance. Now multiply that fight byuten on both sides and you have a slaughter from the ninja's. The pirat would look as rd as they couldn for the ninja's but since the ninja can blend in with darkness and with the obsticles around him the pirates wouldn't stand a chance.And if the pirates DID manage to find the ninja's the slaughter of the unknowing pirates would be inevitable.

ninja's would be very good at stealthily and silently killing eachpirate off one by one. Thats just how they do things.

never underestimate a ninja, my friend
Husker

Con

Husker forfeited this round.
Posted by Common_Sense_Please 6 years ago
Common_Sense_Please
ninjas>pirates... everytime
Vote Placed by Pyromaniac 6 years ago
Pyromaniac
shinigamiHuskerTied