alexandro
scots

would you be ready to give your life for your country? why?

scots

alexandro

Con

I would give my life (very reluctantly, because I'm quite fond of being alive) to save my family and loved ones, and that would have to be in a situation where it was a split-second decision where there were no other options -- shooting someone who was about to kill my family or something.

I'm not brave enough to face danger with advance notice, so something like joining the army to fight in World War III? I couldn't do it. I'd be happy to use my brain in a non-combat position, but I literally wouldn't be able to handle combat.
scots

Pro

I will be arguing that I would give my life for my country. I wish my opponent good luck.
alexandro

Con

alexandro forfeited this round.
scots

Pro

Well I would give my life for, look at all the possibilities if they do take over they can kill as many of my people as they would like we would have to follow their government, and our land might be taken away.

Say we were taken over by a nation that believed the people should have little or no freedoms and that we must fall under a corrupt leader or group of leaders. they may make the life of our people miserable, and you would just give up all these things and let them march in. let all these great things that you had before striped and possibly being enslaved in your own country.

you mentioned that you would only give your life for your country if your family members or loved ones where in danger well they probably will in war no one is safe.

I would rather die than to surrender for something worse to happen. they might attempt to have a treaty signed yet who knows if they can be trusted. well good luck con.

"Sure, cried the tenant men, but it's our land. We measured it and broke it up. We were born on it, and we got killed on it died on it. Even if it's no good, it's still ours. That's what makes it ours-being born on it, working on it, dying on it. That makes ownership, not a paper with numbers on it". John Steinbeck, Grapes of Wrath
alexandro

Con

alexandro forfeited this round.
scots

Pro

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
R13; G.K. Chesterton

even during wars men would go and collect the dead. During these breaks of war the men on both sides would speak to each other as though nothing was wrong as if they were at peace and were friends. these men do not hate each other they only have great love for their country.

forfeit vote pro
Posted by muricahrrrrdrrrr 2 years ago
muricahrrrrdrrrr
Give ... my ... life for the selfish elite......... bwaaaaa ... my .... country....... HA HA HA HA omg LMAO MURICA!
Posted by Range 2 years ago
Range
It would be, which side's personal choices, along with the way they're described here, are more convincing. The pro is open here, and I could imagine writing out a speech for this, which is really what it would be. Not your usual contentions and rebuttals, but rather attacks on the opponent's stated reasons why he personally would do this sacrifice.
I could do this, if the instigator has a passionate debate in mind, and I'm good at being corny.
First round acceptance/stating of your position?
Posted by Chuz-Life 2 years ago
Chuz-Life
As a former Marine, I served 4 years in active duty and 2 years in the inactive reserve (where I could have been reactivated). I was ready to fight for, to kill for and to possibly die for my country, our Constitution , our people and our way of life (freedoms.) But I don't see how you can make this a debate issue when It's only a matter of personal choice.
Vote Placed by Bwacit 2 years ago
Bwacit
alexandroscotsTied
Reasons for voting decision: I would not give my life for my country..I know I'm a wimp. But that's okay:) Due to forfeit win goes to Pro.