would you rather have a (pro for) car or a (con for) motorcycle
Debate Rounds (5)
In my experience, if you like bikes, there's a good chance you appreciate cars, trucks, boats and airplanes, too, not all to the same degree but a particularly nice example of any motor driven vehicle can bring on a smile. Eventually, though, most of us have to choose among the categories if we're going to invest our resources on one or two vehicles (or more) and when the choice has to be made, motorcycles have a lot to offer.
Here's my personal list. It might vary from one person to another, your list might have items I haven't thought of, but I think these give you some food for thought.
1. You can fit 3 or 4 bikes into the space occupied by one car. Make maximum use of a small garage, buy motorcycles.
2. Motorcycles use less gas. 30 miles per gallon is on the low end and smaller engines can get triple digit mileage.
3. Motorcycles outperform cars. Sure, some exotic cars can keep up with a Hayabusa, but not many and the cost is usually 10 or 20 times the cost of the bike, or more.
4. You can rebuild a motorcycle if you're mechanically inclined, you don't have to do very much body work. Not being particularly skilled in body and paint, I appreciate this one.
5. Motorcycles cost less. Even classics and collector bikes can often be purchased for the price of a very plain used car.
6. Motorcycle riders are safer, they don't text on their phones while riding.
7. Motorcycle riding can be really cozy. If you want to be a little closer to your passenger, brake a little quicker for the next stop. ;-)
8. Motorcycle riding gets you out in the fresh air. Smell real pine trees, not the scent of a pine shaped deodorizer hanging from the mirror.
9. Motorcycle riding develops your coordination and balance. Brake and clutch levers for your hands, brake and shift gears with your feet, learn to balance at slow speeds, many drivers could never do it.
10. Best of all, there has never been a recall for unintended motorcycle acceleration.
I will start off with my own list of my own personal benefits:
1. Cars are far more stable thanks to their 4 wheels. This means that you are far less likely to be knocked over by hazards on the road.
2. Cars offer far more protection than motorcycles. Cars have seat-belts, airbags, and the frame of the car itself to protect the driver. Motorcycles on the other hand don't possess any of these safety features and instead the biker must rely on their helmet to protect them.
3. Cars on average carry more fuel than motorcycles meaning they can go farther than their 2 wheeled cousins.
4. Cars can carry more passengers and luggage than motorcycles.
5. Cars provide better shelter from the elements than motorcycles.
6. Cars are harder to damage than motorcycles due to their metal body.
7. If someone is trying to kill you, then you can simple jump in your car and lock the doors.
8. Cars have more space to put cool bumper stickers and flames. :)
9. I once heard a story of a man running over a motorcyclist while walking.
coolkid1231 forfeited this round.
coolkid1231 forfeited this round.
komododragon8 forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by gannon260 2 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||7|
Reasons for voting decision: con conceded and forfeited.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.