you are more awesome than me

start the debate right off the bat in the next post

For argument's sake, I will be expressing the dissenting opinion to this debate. Please tell me about yourself so that I may understand your overall "awesome" level and thus prove that I am in fact not as "awesome" as you are. I will be rating the "awesome" level mainly by accomplishments, but some other factors may be included as well. Thank you and I look forward to this debate!

-i suck at life
-i'm a fat f*ck face
-i hate myself
- i want to die

con on the other hand, is "all that and a bag of chips" as the saying goes

These are very pessimistic viewpoints and do not properly represent your accomplishments. If you feel that these are the only things that can describe yourself then I recommend that you seek help. Regardless, I will move onto why you are more awesome than me despite your opinion about yourself. For starters, there is direct evidence that you are more successful in debates than I am. I have not won any debates and I can confirm that you have won an impressive 46. I can also admire that you are in the 99th percentile and have an Elo ranking of 1075, which is over 100% better than my nil ranking and percentile.

I am not familiar with the term "all that bag of chips", but what I can assume is that you believe that the general human population is either "happy" or "more awesome than you". Contrary to popular belief, all humans are not "perfect" and all humans have significant flaws. Depression is one of the most common flaw in humans, in fact, an estimated 1 in 10 humans are depressed (Center of Disease Control). I used to suffer from extreme depression where I used to frequently contemplate suicide as well as attempted it on several occasions. According to Medical News Today, one million people people commit suicide every year. Judging by the fact that you are still alive, I can say that this is remarkable and I highly recommend that you stay this way. This thus nulls your arguments on "I hate myself" and "I want to die".

Off of the depression topic, there are several factors that prove you are more awesome than I am. For starters, you have a graduate's degree which is one of the most impressive feats someone can accomplish. In 2012, a massive minority of only 10.9% of the American population over 25 have received a graduate's degree (New York Times). You are 27-years old and have beaten this minority. Not only that, but if you are not Asian you have successfully added to the American educational competition with China. 60% of the total graduation degree receiver population is Asian, thus you have once again beaten the odds in receiving the graduate degree (Growth in College degrees). If you are Asian, then this is even a more impressive feat as you are statistically proven to be more intelligent than the other ethnicities. I do not have a college degree and it can be noted that since I am a freshman it is statistically likely for me to not receive a degree or drop out. 59 percent of full-time students in 2011 actually received a degree (Digest of Education Statistics). I, personally, believe that this is a low success percentage and not something that I would bet on. This thus disproves that you "suck at life".

More than 2/3 of the American population is obese, or 68.5% (National Center of Health Statistics). While obesity is certainly a problem, it does not mean that it's the end of the world for you. There are hundreds of ways that you can lose weight and judging by your previous argument I believe that you are being too self-conscious and you are not statistically obese. I am certainly not in the best of shape, but I doubt either of us are at or above 30 kg of body mass, which is considered absolutely obese (National Center of Health Statistics). While this may not null your argument on "I am obese", I can only presume that you are not as obese as you think you are.

Another factor that plays into you being more awesome than me is your party affiliation. The Reform Party has a little less than 50,000 members, but in 1996 Ross Perot received 8,085,402 votes, in 2000 Pat Buchanan received 449,225 votes, and in 2004 Ralph Nader received 463,655 votes (Presidential Elections Outcome). I do not support any real party in the United States and thus you are once again over 100% more likely to have your party be elected into office, or run in general. This makes you more awesome because you are being represented and can also relate with others who actually have the same opinion as you do. The Progressivism has been one of the most successful party ideologies in United States history (Rhetoric and reform in the Progressive Era). President Theodore Roosevelt was a Progressive and even started his own third party, the Bull-Moose party, and is one of the most popular presidents in US history (Schlesinger 1996 Poll). Thus, it is statistically proven that you have over 100% more supporters who share the same ideology as you do. Not only that, but your ideology has also had a great contribution to giving the women the right to vote and granting minority equality in the United States; if that"s not awesome of you, then I don"t know what is. My party affiliation is statistically much less "awesome" than yours. There is no Monarchist-Confederate party in the United States and no party like it exists. Monarchies are considered to be inferior to democracies (Progressives support the "liberal" ideology which is considered to be closer to a democratic society) and have also frequently supported slavery and the oppression of minorities. Not only that, but it is fairly clear that no confederacy has ever had any success. The Confederate States of America were defeated before gaining recognition and confederations such as the Confederation of the Rhine, North German Confederation, Russian Confederation, and many others were toppled due to inefficiency.

On your profile you have a whopping 67 supporters. This is an impressive feat and quite "awesome", but it also greatly overshadows my statistics where I have "0" friends. It would appear that you believe you are "unattractive", but I may be able to prove this incorrect. Your friend amount may be more than enough proof that you do not repulse others, but it is unlikely that they know what you look like. However, people are sometimes attracted to intelligence, which it would appear you have a great amount of, but I do not know your IQ. Judging by the fact you are female, it is statistically proven that you are more attractive than me regardless of actual appearance. 31.24% percent of males are considered "attractive", while 36.50% of females are considered to be attractive. While this may not seem like much, take a look at these statistics: 19.3% of females are considered to be "very attractive", while only 10.51% of males are considered to be "very attractive". In contrast, 5.61% of males are considered to be "unattractive" and only 3.94% of females are considered to be "unattractive" (Psychology Today). Thus, statistically, you are more attractive than me, which nulls any argument you have that relates to your "unattractive" appearance.

Since I'm running out of characters, I will allow you to post your counter argument. Please promote yourself in the next argument so I can then further compare it to my own and then provide a rebuttal as to how this makes you more awesome and thus further provide examples of me being less awesome than you are. Thank you.

Your Profile
US Census
William Thomas Hutchinson (1957). Lowden of Illinois: the life of Frank O. Lowden. U. of Chicago Press. pp. 305 vol 1.
Schlesinger Polls

dairygirl4u2c forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited this round and thus I cannot post a real "rebuttal". I have noticed that my opponent has not been online for three days and I hope that they are okay. Regardless, I cannot say that I enjoyed this debate do to the nature of my opponent’s first argument. In conclusion, I still believe that my opponent is “more awesome than me”.

Posted by Electrolance 6 months ago
PetersSmith I can't reach you otherwise, so I would like to apologize for my awful behavior.
Posted by Electrolance 6 months ago
You didn't even give me a chance!
Posted by ConfidentialMurican 1 year ago
But the irony of this debate is that since PetersSmith won, dairygirl4u2c is right that "[she is] ...more awesome than me." Look at that debating skill!
Aww, I wanted to vote for Pro. ;(
Posted by PetersSmith 2 years ago
You loved it and you know it.
Posted by dairygirl4u2c 2 years ago
no worries. you blew me away at propping me up con.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
This was interesting...
Vote Placed by Romanii 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments were much more elaborate and well-supported, and Pro never even attempted to refute them.