jayla.edwards
MiguelV

your own baby

Started: 12/1/2013 Category: Technology

jayla.edwards

Con

Do you want to make your own perfect child?
Now you can pick the genes like if you want them to have long hair or blue eyes and be a pro In a sport. ANYTHING all you have to do pay money its a lot but wouldn't you do it to get the chiId of your dreams? I wouldn't because no ones perfect
MiguelV

Pro

Either you like it or not, civilization is moving towards an era where we will not be humans anymore. And that can have very good side effects..
If we can choose those small details, imagine what else can we make. Will could me imunes to diseases, live more, be more smart, the posibilities are unlimited. And if we can do that, no one will be concerned about the colour of the eyes, or the air, because besides everything, the human race still don"t like to know everything, because its boring.
jayla.edwards

Con

Ok yeah you can use this type of technology to not have your baby to have any diseases but there's a line from using in a good way to abusing. Just like marijuana you can use it to help some sick people but others abuse it for other things, unnecessary.
MiguelV

Pro

Yes, but that is with all. In life, everything can be good, until people start to abuse. Now, we still are human beings.. We make mistakes, but we have the ability to recognize that, and make a better choice next time. I don"t see where scientists can benefit from abusing with that kind of technology. They, as humans, wouldn"t make something to abuse their own specie. But even if they do, there are laws, and other people wouldn"t shut up when they start to go the wrong way..
jayla.edwards

Con

jayla.edwards forfeited this round.
MiguelV

Pro

MiguelV forfeited this round.
Posted by jayla.edwards 3 years ago
jayla.edwards
@PotBelliedGeek actually they have that's why I wanted to talk about it
Posted by PotBelliedGeek 3 years ago
PotBelliedGeek
Just to throw it out there, this is still science fiction. You cannot yet genetically engineer an entire human being.
Posted by JoshuaTB 3 years ago
JoshuaTB
@jayla.edwards And what would being "too good" look like?
Posted by JoshuaTB 3 years ago
JoshuaTB
@jayla.edwards I see where you are coming from but I think you are a little confused. All genes could do is "perfect" their bodily self. But they would still have to learn how to be better morally. I don't see how one can learn to be better physically though.
Posted by jayla.edwards 3 years ago
jayla.edwards
Yeah @JoshuaTB the bad effects of making better people is their not LEARNING how to better people its just in their genes to be perfect. So what if they don't want to pick their childs own genes how will their child 'learn to be 'perfect'? And yes we would make our children too good
Posted by JoshuaTB 3 years ago
JoshuaTB
Jayla, do you mind mentioning what the bad effects would be in making better people? As of now all I can see you saying is that "no one is perfect" (does that mean we shouldn't strive to be better, if we can never be "perfect?") and that it could be abused (does that mean we would make our children TOO good? what would abusing look like?)

Thanks!
JoshuaTB