zombies are a MORE real threat then people think

When someone says "zombie" you think of the walking dead, already dead beings who come back to life, who sole perupose is to infect someone else. The only way to kill them is to shoot them in the brian. They have an endless supliy of engery and can't feel pain. The truth is zombies are a bigger threat than you would think. Rabies is the key. So far its only managed to effect animals and make them go crazy, biting anything they meet. If rabies were to infect humans the same way it does to dogs, what would happen? There would be a zombie apcolpse. In case of this the best way to surive would be to wait them out. They will die of natrual causes.

G'day mate!

Here are some spelling mistakes on your side:
"perupose" purpose*
"supily" *supply
"effect animals" *affect animals
"apcolpse" *apocalypse
"surive" *survive
"natrual" *natural

" Rabies is the key" to a zombie 'apcolpse'.

Unlike the fictional accounts of rabies, the actual disease would only kill it's victim in a slow tedious process of up to a few months or a year, in relative to the victim's health and physique. Therefore it is almost quite impossible to have a large portion of our population turn rabid at the same time and start a 'apcolpse'.

|| Usually within 1 to 3 months, the virus migrates to the nerves near the site of the infection and spreads to the spinal cord and brain (i.e., the central nervous system). It usually takes from 12 to 180 days to spread through the peripheral nerves to the central nervous system. ||

"So far its only managed to effect animals and make them go crazy, biting anything they meet."

An enlightenment to your understanding as to why rabies causes animals to 'go crazy, biting anything they meet,' ;
Generally while in rabid state, the animals are unable to think and act rationally which makes them become very defensive. It is part of their natural behavioural instincts to bite when they cannot recognize their surroundings. Which brings me to my point that humans will not bite in circumstances of a rabies infection because we are more intelligent and it is not our first instinct to react violently.

"If rabies were to infect humans the same way it does to dogs, what would happen?"

There have been no known cases of human to human transmission of the subject disease, which nullifies your above point of a zombie apocalypse.

Awaiting your reply!

Thanks for replying.

Sorry about my spelling, I have big hands and was using a small phone to type on. I am sure you can empathize.

To start off I will point something out that is obvious. No one actually has any proof that's why dogs attack when they have rabies. How would you know? Are you a dog?

Secondly, humans have adrenaline rushes. Other wise know as the flight or fight syndrome. Not the flight syndrome. It is likely that a body once effected by rabies would resort to the oldest natural instinct.

Sorry about your big hands.

"No one actually has any proof"
I do not quite understand what specific proof you are referring to.

"How would you know? Are you a dog?"
That is not a very appropriate and strong rebuttal.

In regards to the fight-or-flight response you said on your second point, I assume you are taking in account of a rabid person.
The infected person would:
||experience fever, myalgia (muscle pains) and headache, which eventually progresses to brain inflammation. As soon as the virus reaches the nerves it is incurable.|| (

The fight-or-flight response:
|| To produce the fight-or-flight response, the hypothalamus activates two systems: the sympathetic nervous system and the adrenal-cortical system. The sympathetic nervous system uses nerve pathways to initiate reactions in the body, and the adrenal-cortical system uses the bloodstream. The combined effects of these two systems are the fight-or-flight response.||(

Note: Hypothalamus which is a portion of the brain that contains a number of small nuclei with a variety of functions. One of the most important functions of the hypothalamus is to link the nervous system to the endocrine system. (

Therefore a person diagnosed with rabies cannot feel adrenaline at the later stage because the nerve systems will be dysfunctional which nullifies your second point.

I am taking this way too serious then I should have.
Good luck!

My hands are 8 and a half inches long, and five inches wide. I have a crushing grip.

I would argue that "are you a dog" is a fair redubtal.

Here is somthing i found that has a great mind in it. He makes good pionts.

"I think that the Zombie Virus already exists (almost): Rabies. Infection is nearly 100 percent lethal, i.e. it turns you into the walking dead (for a while at least), and it causes you to change your behavior by reprogramming you to bite other people to spread the infection. Now if only it kept the corpse walking around," Jonathan D. Dinman, PhD, Professor in the Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics at the University of Maryland, told redOrbit.

Essentially, the rabies virus would need to be slightly altered, or would have to evolve, in a way to keep people kicking and screaming for their next victim rather than killing them off just a few days after symptoms occur.

Rabies has to incubate inside the body before showing signs of infection, which includes anxiety, confusion, hallucinations, paralysis, agitation, hyper salivation, difficulty swallowing and hydrophobia " fear of water. This incubation period can last anywhere from 10 days to a year, meaning a "zombie virus outbreak" may look a little slower and less "viral" than movies tend to portray.

Thanks everybody, its been fun.

For a a guy with a tiny mind and a big hand, you sure reply fast.

I saw this article way before. That's cute of you to just source an article from a blog of some mediocre journalist.

"Now if only it kept the corpse walking around"
This caught my eye because this particular sentence just tragically, and magically, nullifies the whole article to pointless scribbles of jargons and annotations.

And if you were to refer back to the my first point (where you did not argued back): "there have been no known cases of human to human transmission of the subject disease", further indicating the chances of a zombie APOCALYPSE is almost as close as you, my good sir, are getting any action tonight; 0.

I conclude that rabies-turned undead-humans are not a threat.

And to finish off this zombie-themed debate, I believe it is unjustifiably appropriate, without any prejudice, to say to you, my good sir, who has been quite inappropriately appropriate,

With lots of love,
Posted by apaches 2 years ago
Posted by whiteflame 2 years ago
Really? Rabies? The nearly 100% deadly disease among humans is going to suddenly turn humans into undead zombies? It does infect humans, by the way. Honestly, with that as a major portion of your case, you're doing more harm than good to your points. There are actual organisms that cause a zombie-like state, you might start by looking into those.
Posted by Objective_Being 2 years ago
Can you hold this for me, I can't accept until our first debate is over.....