Jump to topic:

Hot Topic

MewxVenus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 8:35:29 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Shopping there supports the arts. Goth up people! It's for a good cause! haha. Even if you're not into Tripp Jeans or whatever, they still have amazing makeup, hoodies, cds, and accessories! Your purchase goes towards Art programs in schools and towns all over the country! Speak up, speak out, and support the arts!
: At 1/20/2011 10:42:53 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
: I didn't say ugly stick. I said it was beyond stick, it was a paddle.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 10:08:41 PM
Lol ty. I'll remember not to shop there, I don't like the kind of art they teach kids to make :).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2009 8:36:03 PM
Lol. R_R only likes really dumb and un-funny comics :P

Srsly though, HT is okay, I suppose. I like the hoodies. Maybe that's why the store's so expensive...?! Well, not worth the money, at least (IMO). Anyway, a lot of companies donate money to good causes. Keep an eye out : )
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2009 1:08:37 AM
I've heard of Hot Topic, but we aren't blessed (if even) with them in Eire. Though brash Irish people heading into a Goth shop would have to be:
A) A raid
B) A biblical raid on the heretics.

That said, Art is one of the few things I don't support being funded by the state. I also, as part of Irish class, have to take part in making a giant St. Patrick, which shall be a half asked attempt.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DeadLeaves93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2009 9:13:58 AM
I have a friend who shops for clothes there regularly. Whenever I go to the mall with him and we go inside, I feel so out of place with my sweater and shorts on, lol.
"At last, my arm is complete again!"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2009 11:27:24 AM
At 3/16/2009 8:36:03 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Lol. R_R only likes really dumb and un-funny comics :P

Actually, I made that dumb and unfunny comic in a public school art class.

See my point? :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Epicism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2009 12:14:47 PM
I shop there every once and a while, most of the time I just look around. I didn't know it donated to the arts...
"We are the kings, of evil disco." - Wayne Wells
beem0r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2009 12:15:26 PM
I already shop there on occasion [bondage pants ftw], and I certainly don't do it for the arts [protip: I don't care about the arts].
rageAgainstTheDebate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2009 9:16:59 AM
Amazing deals on shirts. the other day i got 3 shirts [metallica(even if it was st. anger), drangonforce (for teh lulz) and nine inch nails]. It truly is amazing and anyone who disagrees is probly a preppy b1tch that got no style, ya feel?
Take advantage while i leave you out to dry, but if i cant see u every night, then i dont even care, you dont need to breed. Then again, with the lights out, its less dangerous. Here we are now, entertain us. But it is my duty here and now to completely drain you.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2009 7:13:07 PM
I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever go there.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
FemaleGamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2009 7:07:44 PM
I love that shop. Its over-priced sometimes. 20$ T-shirt? 16.99 Scarf? WTF?

I found the same scraf half-price at a discounted shop.
TODAY IS CAPS LOCK DAY. yes
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2009 3:39:12 PM
At 4/18/2009 9:16:59 AM, rageAgainstTheDebate wrote:
Amazing deals on shirts. the other day i got 3 shirts [metallica(even if it was st. anger), drangonforce (for teh lulz) and nine inch nails]. It truly is amazing and anyone who disagrees is probly a preppy b1tch that got no style, ya feel?

NIN ftw.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2009 3:39:36 PM
At 4/27/2009 7:07:44 PM, FemaleGamer wrote:

Whaaat? I dunno where YOU'RE from, but that's considered CHEAP in my neck of the woods!!!
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2009 9:10:35 PM
Lrn2 valuevillage.

The only difference in quality is yesterday's mindless conformism versus today's mindless conformism, and the price is much less.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2009 2:46:21 AM
At 5/12/2009 9:10:35 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Lrn2 valuevillage.

The only difference in quality is yesterday's mindless conformism versus today's mindless conformism, and the price is much less.

Value Village is the company that recycles clothes, are they not?

I don't think a lot of people are interested in wearing another person's underwear. But that could just be me.

I prefer just going to HBC, Zellers or one of those nice big, random department stores that dot the landscape. You would be surprised at the nice stuff they have there. I got this shirt for 20 bucks that basically tells people they're stupid.
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2009 8:41:53 PM
At 4/27/2009 7:07:44 PM, FemaleGamer wrote:

Goths are the scum of the earth, so is hot topic. Ill voice my opinion here becuase I assume I have freedom of speech on this website but I think they should all go to a concentration camp and there should be a gass chamber nearby. I say that because I was recently mugged by a group of them, had to change my credit card, lost £50 about $90 and reaply for my provisional driving liscence and all. God I hate them, who the hell is slayer? And whats with all the screaming and cr@p? If you like screaming go and hang out with the godd@mn monkeys where you belong.
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
haley.debate20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2009 9:35:02 AM
I don't think it was a store just for "Goths", it carries a lot of things that attract people from every stereotype. My friend is an American Eagle/Hollister/Conformist (jk) but when I dragged her into Hot Topic she found a lot of cute stuff she likes. When I shop, I shop for things that express who I am and what I feel. One day it may be a plaid miniskirt, the next it may be skinny jeans. It's just who I am. Overall Hot Topic is a great store.
Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2009 9:45:04 AM
Although I think being a conformist is stupid, its hard to resist.

So, instead of shelling out €60 on a pair of converse, etc. I get pairs from departments stores and the like for alot cheaper for exactly the same product.

I normally spend a decent amount on tops. Department store tops = phail.

No one cares about Trousers/shorts/jeans

If you want the expensive stuff, get them as a present IMO.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2009 10:32:22 AM
At 8/3/2009 9:35:02 AM, haley.debate20 wrote:
I don't think it was a store just for "Goths", it carries a lot of things that attract people from every stereotype. My friend is an American Eagle/Hollister/Conformist (jk) but when I dragged her into Hot Topic she found a lot of cute stuff she likes. When I shop, I shop for things that express who I am and what I feel. One day it may be a plaid miniskirt, the next it may be skinny jeans. It's just who I am. Overall Hot Topic is a great store.

No offense, but shopping at Hot Topic make you just as much a conformist as shopping at AE does >.>

Seriously, I don't know what type of magical Hot Topics you guys shop at, but I live in NYC and the one in the mall across from my house is filled with the most "posery" of posers you could ever imagine.

For Christ's sake, what type of originality is there in wearing leather and pointy things as some sort of message? It's the same freaking message that's been portrayed for not just the last few decades, but for several hundred thousand years.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2009 10:34:50 AM
At 8/3/2009 10:32:22 AM, Kleptin wrote:
Seriously, I don't know what type of magical Hot Topics you guys shop at, but I live in NYC and the one in the mall across from my house is filled with the most "posery" of posers you could ever imagine.

Yet you claim to live in Hong Kong. I am disappoint. Which makes me wonder, why haven't you taken lwerd up on her offer?
santanisgreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2009 10:44:26 PM
i shop there most of the time to get t shirts

thats it

i moslty buy my stuff a concerts to help bands get places
Stay Metal!!!!!
After the Burial
All shall Perish
An Augmented sequence of thoughts (my band)