Jump to topic:

Post your favorite song/piece.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 4:48:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is mine. lol I'm an old man at heart.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 5:17:08 PM
Do arias and pieces from operas count? (Sorry if this question is a bit redundant, but I just want to make sure.)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 5:29:20 PM
At 8/12/2011 5:17:08 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Do arias and pieces from operas count? (Sorry if this question is a bit redundant, but I just want to make sure.)

anything counts, so long as it's music...or at least considered music.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 5:36:48 PM
Alright, I'll post one of my favorite pieces from the history of opera: Hagen's call of the vassals and their subsequent song at Gunter's marriage from the last of Wagner's tetraology: Gotterdammerung. This clip comes from the 1976 centennial production (at Bayreuth), as directed by Chereau.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
andrea01
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 4:05:25 AM
At 8/12/2011 5:36:48 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Alright, I'll post one of my favorite pieces from the history of opera: Hagen's call of the vassals and their subsequent song at Gunter's marriage from the last of Wagner's tetraology: Gotterdammerung. This clip comes from the 1976 centennial production (at Bayreuth), as directed by Chereau.

Nice sharing!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:40:51 PM
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
izbo10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 9:53:13 AM
DDO's marketing strategy has certainly paid off just not sure I agree with the target market: http://tinypic.com...
It's amazing to me that you still have yet to grasp the difference between believing something, not believing something, and having no belief at all -JCMT
To respect religion, is to disrespect the Truth!

If this board was a room and you all were the light bulbs, I'm bringing a flashlight.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 1:43:31 PM
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 10:16:16 PM
http://m.youtube.com...
Tim Curry performing 'Sweet Transvestite'
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2011 6:58:43 PM
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 7:40:54 PM
At 9/18/2011 10:16:16 PM, socialpinko wrote:
http://m.youtube.com...
Tim Curry performing 'Sweet Transvestite'

I have to admit he has and amazing voice.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)