Jump to topic:

Pbone?

Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 7:29:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm a trombone player and I've heard about the pbone (it's a plastic trombone). I was wondering if there's anybody that has played it and reccomends it. Should I buy it or not?
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 8:00:11 AM
just my opinion, but never buy a musical instrument that is either electronic or plastic, they are generally inferior in material and sound quality. A concert grand piano sounds lightyears better than a digital one. An electric violin sounds awful. A plastic trombone doesn't sound like a good investment.

Again, this information is based solely on patterns in performance of "mock-instruments." I have never actually, heard or seen a plastic trombone. Wait....

Look at the videos to the right....I was right! Compare them, the brass trombones produce far superior sound quality.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 12:33:49 PM
You're comparing one instrument played on a home mic against a concert recording and calling it a day?

Also, if no one ever bought an electric instrument entire genres of music would very likely be abolished.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 12:38:04 PM
I used to play brass instruments, and even played the sousaphone, and the plastic, or fiberglass ones were total crap in sound. Plastic just won't resonate like brass, but they are lighter and if you want it for convenience, or practice it would be fine, but i would never play one in a concert.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 12:43:11 PM
At 8/13/2011 12:33:49 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
You're comparing one instrument played on a home mic against a concert recording and calling it a day?

Also, if no one ever bought an electric instrument entire genres of music would very likely be abolished.

Did I tell anyone to stop using electric instruments? No. I said they are inferior to the acoustic, and that is factually true. And don't discredit my post like that. You heard the quality of sound from each instrument and obviously the brass was better.

I wouldn't even have a problem if all the genres that used electric instruments ceased to exist.

nothing pisses me off like snide comments such as this.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 5:43:31 PM
At 8/13/2011 12:43:11 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/13/2011 12:33:49 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Did I tell anyone to stop using electric instruments? No. I said they are inferior to the acoustic, and that is factually true.
Undemonstrated.

And don't discredit my post like that. You heard the quality of sound from each instrument and obviously the brass was better.
Actually, there was nothing obvious about it.

The brass was messy, echoey--or, alternatively described, richer. The plastic had a simpler sound. Which you want depends on what kind of music you're trying to create.

I wouldn't even have a problem if all the genres that used electric instruments ceased to exist.
I would.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 5:48:00 PM
And remember, the plastic video specifically said "My mic sucks, it sounds better than this in real life."

Is that factually true? I dunno. I'm not prepared to take his word for it-- just as I'm not prepared to take yours on acoustics.