Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Nox Arcana

seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 8:16:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Who has heard of Nox Arcana? They are probably my favorite band ever. Their songs are so otherworldly and dark and makes me feel like I'm in a haunted forest. It is one of the few bands that can actually touch me. Here are a few of their masterpieces.

Seriously, watch them. It is freaking amazing!
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 8:17:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ahhhh! Emo music! my ears!!!
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 8:24:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/25/2011 8:17:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
Ahhhh! Emo music! my ears!!!

What do you mean, emo music? I think it is good, and I would not consider myself emo.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 1:32:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/25/2011 8:24:08 PM, seraine wrote:
At 9/25/2011 8:17:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
Ahhhh! Emo music! my ears!!!

What do you mean, emo music? I think it is good, and I would not consider myself emo.

well consider the source. he thinks anything that doesn't come from a classical instrument with no electricity automatically sucks.

i think it would sound awesome in a video game... i can imagine running around some destroyed village late at night to that music, slashing up monsters and whipping @ss.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 4:48:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/25/2011 8:17:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
Ahhhh! Emo music! my ears!!!
Did you even listen to the music???
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 4:50:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/28/2011 4:48:20 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/25/2011 8:17:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
Ahhhh! Emo music! my ears!!!
Did you even listen to the music???

yes, and I'm entitled to my opinion, before you start ranting.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 4:52:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/28/2011 4:50:06 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/28/2011 4:48:20 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/25/2011 8:17:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
Ahhhh! Emo music! my ears!!!
Did you even listen to the music???

yes, and I'm entitled to my opinion, before you start ranting.

The irony in the last part of this statement is amusing....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 8:29:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It appears I am alone in my opinion of Nox Arcana's greatness- not that I should be surprised. As my parents are Laestadian Lutheran, they have banned their children from listening to "worldly music".

Laestadian Lutheranism is so bullsh*t.
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 8:31:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/28/2011 8:29:37 PM, seraine wrote:
It appears I am alone in my opinion of Nox Arcana's greatness- not that I should be surprised. As my parents are Laestadian Lutheran, they have banned their children from listening to "worldly music".

So I haven't really listened to much else. And of course, music values are highly subjective and it seems like this type of music only really strikes a chord with few people.

Laestadian Lutheranism is so bullsh*t.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2011 9:13:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/27/2011 1:32:24 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 9/25/2011 8:24:08 PM, seraine wrote:
At 9/25/2011 8:17:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
Ahhhh! Emo music! my ears!!!

What do you mean, emo music? I think it is good, and I would not consider myself emo.

well consider the source. he thinks anything that doesn't come from a classical instrument with no electricity automatically sucks.

i think it would sound awesome in a video game... i can imagine running around some destroyed village late at night to that music, slashing up monsters and whipping @ss.

Is it wrong that I enjoy whipping @ss in video games to "Tiptoe Through the Tulips," by Tiny Tim?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus