Jump to topic:

Chopin v. Liszt

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 7:07:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not sure how many of you on DDO care about classical music, but if you do, which composer do you prefer? If you don't then just look at the pieces to the right and say which you think is better.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 7:34:41 PM
I love classical music, but this is a very hard decision since I play music by both composers. I'm going to have to go with Chopin, though, since I have heard more of his music and there seems to be a sense of beauty and exquisite art to it.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2011 9:32:49 PM
I love both of these composers, and both of them are technical masters of the piano, but...

It is really hard to top a piano composition of this beauty. It's one of Chopin's more well known pieces, but for good reason, it's just magnificent!
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp