Jump to topic:

Video Games

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2012 4:48:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I hope this doesn't turn into a debate on whether or not they are.

Just thought I'd make this thread, to discus something that you like about certain game, like the little details or how they do things. Just whatever.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
SirFoLLy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 12:45:56 PM
I really enjoy the video game Dota 2 because 1) it isn't something that requires hours and hours of gameplay such as MMORPG's, 2) it is still online and has in-game voice chat, 3) correlating to [2] it is a team game, 5 versus 5, amplifying the intensity of why you need to do your part, and is therefore competitive making it something you want to get better at, 4) AWESOME GRAPHICS, 5) many professional teams that compete for lots of money play this game so its fun to watch their live streams online and see how they play, 6) very easy mechanics yet is really strategic, 7) takes skill
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 3:10:36 AM
Skyrim.

I'm still trying to figure out something I don't like about that game. It's just so sublime in every way. Anybody can feel free to disagree though as this is just my opinion, lol.
EPRdebate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 9:06:57 PM
At 1/13/2012 3:10:36 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Skyrim.

I'm still trying to figure out something I don't like about that game. It's just so sublime in every way. Anybody can feel free to disagree though as this is just my opinion, lol.

It's a fun enough game, however the game lacks interesting content I found after a few hours the quest just turn into fetch games, and you can only stare at the landscape for so long, it's a good game but the story, content and characters all lack 'soul'. It is excellent but compared to Fallout new vegas, it is just boring and repetetive.
Romanes eunt domus
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 1:41:08 AM
I love games that bring up philosophic issues. The greatest example would be the BioShock series. I really liked how they studied the themes of collectivism and individualism. It really made me study Ayn Rand more.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 11:52:46 AM
At 2/2/2012 9:06:57 PM, EPRdebate wrote:
At 1/13/2012 3:10:36 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Skyrim.

It's a fun enough game, however the game lacks interesting content I found after a few hours the quest just turn into fetch games, and you can only stare at the landscape for so long, it's a good game but the story, content and characters all lack 'soul'. It is excellent but compared to Fallout new vegas, it is just boring and repetetive.

Skyrim has given me so much trouble. So far i am a level 37 and my vision just blurred after using the slow time shout. I have to contact tech support to try and diagnose the situation. I really don't want to restart, i just got a full set of ebony armor. But all in all the game is so beautiful i pulled off an 18 hour straight night shift. Great game ^.=.^
"If you truly want to do something, the only person standing in your way is yourself"
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 8:52:12 PM
there are a lot of video games I like. but one of the top ones for me are tekken 6. it's awesome. you can customize your characters( which some people need to be customized, like christie) have juggles combos which are awesome, walls break while you fight,you can go online and play with other people, cool character, and my favorite characters Asuka and Lili. I like asuka's black and white oufit and lili's white outfit with the red tie. I like lili's flips and I like asuka's punches. I like the scenario campaign mode gameplay. it's an awesome game. and good thing is, there's no blood, which makes it more fun. :)
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

God'sconservativegirl :)
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2012 8:53:36 PM
At 1/13/2012 9:50:33 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
I enjoy designing my own small flash games...when I have time at least....it's always satisfying to do and then play

cool!
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2012 8:58:00 AM
At 2/4/2012 1:41:08 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I love games that bring up philosophic issues. The greatest example would be the BioShock series. I really liked how they studied the themes of collectivism and individualism. It really made me study Ayn Rand more.

That game sorta scared me TBH.....and made me very happy to be in a society without Ayn Rands ideals.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 12:12:02 PM
the new Soul Caliber is out! I have not been able to buy it yet but I've been told they have scraped a lot of characters from before and added a ton of new ones.

I know Sigfried, and old Mitsarugi, Cassandra, a skinner Nightmare are supposed to be in it.

does anyone know if Kilik and Raphel made it into the new game? there really the only ones I care about. You can scap xualin, talim, maxi, younsung, songmina, astoroth, ivy, cervantees, lizardmen, taki, setsuka, tira, the reaper guy, mabye even sophita if your keeping cassandra. But Kilik and Raphel and Sigfried was like my prefered battle favorites and I loved there personalities in the game and there stories.

who would you all have them keep from the old games and who would you have scarped?

also, while I approve the assasins creed character in the game, I would really like Cloud and Sepharoth as cameos in a soul caliber game, that would be way cooler.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2012 1:13:34 PM
At 2/14/2012 8:58:00 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/4/2012 1:41:08 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

That game sorta scared me TBH.....and made me very happy to be in a society without Ayn Rands ideals.

Oh I agree. I'm not a fan of Ayn Rand. But the was a pretty cool concept. I never expected a video game to mix philosophy with lighting mooks on fire.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 1:24:00 PM
At 2/15/2012 12:12:02 PM, Marauder wrote:
the new Soul Caliber is out! I have not been able to buy it yet but I've been told they have scraped a lot of characters from before and added a ton of new ones.

I know Sigfried, and old Mitsarugi, Cassandra, a skinner Nightmare are supposed to be in it.

does anyone know if Kilik and Raphel made it into the new game? there really the only ones I care about. You can scap xualin, talim, maxi, younsung, songmina, astoroth, ivy, cervantees, lizardmen, taki, setsuka, tira, the reaper guy, mabye even sophita if your keeping cassandra. But Kilik and Raphel and Sigfried was like my prefered battle favorites and I loved there personalities in the game and there stories.

who would you all have them keep from the old games and who would you have scarped?

also, while I approve the assasins creed character in the game, I would really like Cloud and Sepharoth as cameos in a soul caliber game, that would be way cooler.

I like sung mina, Cassandra, sophitia and xianghua! I just don't like sophitia's clothes in SC4. My most favorite characters are Cassandra and xianghua.

kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 3:18:35 PM
At 2/23/2012 1:24:00 PM, Godsconservativegirl wrote:

I like sung mina, Cassandra, sophitia and xianghua! I just don't like sophitia's clothes in SC4. My most favorite characters are Cassandra and xianghua.

Same here but I also like Taki. She used to be like my all time use.
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 11:34:22 AM
At 2/23/2012 3:18:35 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 2/23/2012 1:24:00 PM, Godsconservativegirl wrote:

Same here but I also like Taki. She used to be like my all time use.

lol, that's my lil sister's favorite character :)