Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Greatest Album Ever Made *

inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 9:06:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was hoping that you could tell me what that is. Of course, some of you will say it was the King Of Pop who gave us that luxury. Oh really. I beg to differ with that one. What is the greatest album ever made in your opinion ? Lets roll.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 8:34:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 9:06:57 AM, inferno wrote:
I was hoping that you could tell me what that is. Of course, some of you will say it was the King Of Pop who gave us that luxury. Oh really. I beg to differ with that one. What is the greatest album ever made in your opinion ? Lets roll.

Johnny Cash American IV: The Man Comes Around. Would have been the perfect album if it had included God's Gonna Cut You Down.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 9:40:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The best ALBUM- altogether as a flowing, un-cuttable unit of goodness- I would have to say is Radiohead's OK computer. Close second is Cursive's Ugly Organ.

I cannot listen to either of those albums without listening to the whole of it. They are put together so well.

But... there are a lot of albums I like more. They just don't have the un-cuttable unit of goodness factor to them. They have gems and then they have songs that I habitually skip.

I make a lot of mix cds.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 9:42:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 9:40:40 PM, Oryus wrote:
The best ALBUM- altogether as a flowing, un-cuttable unit of goodness- I would have to say is Radiohead's OK computer. Close second is Cursive's Ugly Organ.

I cannot listen to either of those albums without listening to the whole of it. They are put together so well.

But... there are a lot of albums I like more. They just don't have the un-cuttable unit of goodness factor to them. They have gems and then they have songs that I habitually skip.

I make a lot of mix cds.

Oh man.. I would add Tool's Lateralus to that too.... putting Cursive at 3rd. Ren's comment reminded me of tool. Don't know how I forgot Lateralus o.O
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2012 3:48:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore... Frank Zappa
c)
Which one though? There are 6 double disc volumes(12 cds worth of humanly impossible musi, and they are all amazing.

Toss up between 4 and 6. 2 and 3 are really fuggin good though.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 1:44:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?

Actually David Gimour's first solo album was every bit as good, but did not get nearly as much credit.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 10:46:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/2/2012 1:44:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?

Actually David Gimour's first solo album was every bit as good, but did not get nearly as much credit.

He's the best member from the Pink Floyd group.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2012 8:16:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 10:46:43 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:44:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?

Actually David Gimour's first solo album was every bit as good, but did not get nearly as much credit.

He's the best member from the Pink Floyd group.

False false false false false. I used to think so too. Then I actually really weighed over what each member has done for the band. My conclusion was, Gilmour; amazing guitar, amazing voice. Waters by far the biggest contributor. Gilmour gets a massive amount of attention just for the fact that he's lead guitar player and lead singer. What are Pink Floyds greatest albums?

The Wall
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You were Here
Obscured By Clouds
Meddle
Animals
Division Bell

"The wall"
Common fact that this is Waters album.

"DSOTM"
^^

"Wish You Were Here"

Again a Waters album. It was a tribute to Syd Barett, and Gilmour wasn't in the band, save for a few months, while Barett was around, so Gilmour somewhat stayed out of the song writing. Waters was the main writer. Wright was second. Rogers was the main contributer in all the songs save Shine On You Crazy Diamond, which was Wright/Gilmour.

___
These are almost positively the three most popular PF albums and every single one Waters was by far the main contributor.
___

"Obscured By Clouds"

Waters was involved in 7 of the ten songs; Gilmour 6.

"Meddle"

Group effort but every song was mostly Waters.

"Animals"

Almost completely Waters. Gilmour was involved in "Dogs".

"Division Bell"

As much a Gilmour album as The Wall is a Waters album.

After taking into account all I've mentioned it's almost impossible to say Gilmour was the greatest PF member. When Gilmour and Waters are compared together, Gilmour is MASSIVELY over rated.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2012 8:48:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Possibly the best live album is Frampton Comes Alive
Led Zeppelin IV might be my favorite though
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 9:36:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 8:16:06 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/7/2012 10:46:43 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:44:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?

Actually David Gimour's first solo album was every bit as good, but did not get nearly as much credit.

He's the best member from the Pink Floyd group.

False false false false false. I used to think so too. Then I actually really weighed over what each member has done for the band. My conclusion was, Gilmour; amazing guitar, amazing voice. Waters by far the biggest contributor. Gilmour gets a massive amount of attention just for the fact that he's lead guitar player and lead singer. What are Pink Floyds greatest albums?

The Wall
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You were Here
Obscured By Clouds
Meddle
Animals
Division Bell

"The wall"
Common fact that this is Waters album.

"DSOTM"
^^

"Wish You Were Here"

Again a Waters album. It was a tribute to Syd Barett, and Gilmour wasn't in the band, save for a few months, while Barett was around, so Gilmour somewhat stayed out of the song writing. Waters was the main writer. Wright was second. Rogers was the main contributer in all the songs save Shine On You Crazy Diamond, which was Wright/Gilmour.

___
These are almost positively the three most popular PF albums and every single one Waters was by far the main contributor.
___


"Obscured By Clouds"

Waters was involved in 7 of the ten songs; Gilmour 6.

"Meddle"

Group effort but every song was mostly Waters.

"Animals"

Almost completely Waters. Gilmour was involved in "Dogs".

"Division Bell"

As much a Gilmour album as The Wall is a Waters album.

After taking into account all I've mentioned it's almost impossible to say Gilmour was the greatest PF member. When Gilmour and Waters are compared together, Gilmour is MASSIVELY over rated.

Yes, the concept behind The Wall was a reflection of Roger Waters wild obsession and neurotic insecurities about life. But David Gilmour was the backbone and soul of that group because he bough emotion to the songs. He is one of the best guitarists of all time. And he has used this country music like persona blended with English rock. Nobody has done what this Man has done before. He is exotic, transcendant, and prophetic. All I have is one word for you. Diamond. *
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 9:37:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/7/2012 8:16:06 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/7/2012 10:46:43 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:44:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?

Actually David Gimour's first solo album was every bit as good, but did not get nearly as much credit.

He's the best member from the Pink Floyd group.

False false false false false. I used to think so too. Then I actually really weighed over what each member has done for the band. My conclusion was, Gilmour; amazing guitar, amazing voice. Waters by far the biggest contributor. Gilmour gets a massive amount of attention just for the fact that he's lead guitar player and lead singer. What are Pink Floyds greatest albums?

The Wall
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You were Here
Obscured By Clouds
Meddle
Animals
Division Bell

"The wall"
Common fact that this is Waters album.

"DSOTM"
^^

"Wish You Were Here"

Again a Waters album. It was a tribute to Syd Barett, and Gilmour wasn't in the band, save for a few months, while Barett was around, so Gilmour somewhat stayed out of the song writing. Waters was the main writer. Wright was second. Rogers was the main contributer in all the songs save Shine On You Crazy Diamond, which was Wright/Gilmour.

___
These are almost positively the three most popular PF albums and every single one Waters was by far the main contributor.
___


"Obscured By Clouds"

Waters was involved in 7 of the ten songs; Gilmour 6.

"Meddle"

Group effort but every song was mostly Waters.

"Animals"

Almost completely Waters. Gilmour was involved in "Dogs".

"Division Bell"

As much a Gilmour album as The Wall is a Waters album.

After taking into account all I've mentioned it's almost impossible to say Gilmour was the greatest PF member. When Gilmour and Waters are compared together, Gilmour is MASSIVELY over rated.

Yes, the concept behind The Wall was a reflection of Roger Waters wild obsession and neurotic insecurities about life. But David Gilmour was the backbone and soul of that group because he bough emotion to the songs. He is one of the best guitarists of all time. And he has used this country music like persona blended with English rock. Nobody has done what this Man has done before. He is exotic, transcendent, and prophetic. All I have is one word for you. Diamond. *
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 9:55:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/23/2012 9:37:09 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 8:16:06 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/7/2012 10:46:43 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:44:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?

Actually David Gimour's first solo album was every bit as good, but did not get nearly as much credit.

He's the best member from the Pink Floyd group.

False false false false false. I used to think so too. Then I actually really weighed over what each member has done for the band. My conclusion was, Gilmour; amazing guitar, amazing voice. Waters by far the biggest contributor. Gilmour gets a massive amount of attention just for the fact that he's lead guitar player and lead singer. What are Pink Floyds greatest albums?

The Wall
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You were Here
Obscured By Clouds
Meddle
Animals
Division Bell

"The wall"
Common fact that this is Waters album.

"DSOTM"
^^

"Wish You Were Here"

Again a Waters album. It was a tribute to Syd Barett, and Gilmour wasn't in the band, save for a few months, while Barett was around, so Gilmour somewhat stayed out of the song writing. Waters was the main writer. Wright was second. Rogers was the main contributer in all the songs save Shine On You Crazy Diamond, which was Wright/Gilmour.

___
These are almost positively the three most popular PF albums and every single one Waters was by far the main contributor.
___


"Obscured By Clouds"

Waters was involved in 7 of the ten songs; Gilmour 6.

"Meddle"

Group effort but every song was mostly Waters.

"Animals"

Almost completely Waters. Gilmour was involved in "Dogs".

"Division Bell"

As much a Gilmour album as The Wall is a Waters album.

After taking into account all I've mentioned it's almost impossible to say Gilmour was the greatest PF member. When Gilmour and Waters are compared together, Gilmour is MASSIVELY over rated.

Yes, the concept behind The Wall was a reflection of Roger Waters wild obsession and neurotic insecurities about life.

Waters did have a mental breakdown. So what? The Wall was written as a story that was partly based on Waters life. After watching the movie and listening to the album many times, I find it to be one of the most deep works of art I have ever experienced.

But David Gilmour was the backbone and soul of that group because he bough emotion to the songs.

He did brig emotion to songs. But if it weren't for Waters there would be no songs in the beginning! I've already proved that Waters wrote the vast majority of the music.

He is one of the best guitarists of all time.
I agree

And he has used this country music like persona blended with English rock. Nobody has done what this Man has done before. He is exotic, transcendent, and prophetic.

What?

All I have is one word for you. Diamond. *

LMAO! You have one song to prove your point when I have 6 albums! That is insanely hilarious. Besides shine on you crazy diamond was a group effort. I have the album it shows that it was written in many parts with all the members contributing.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 10:02:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/23/2012 9:55:48 AM, phantom wrote:
At 2/23/2012 9:37:09 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 8:16:06 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/7/2012 10:46:43 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:44:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?

Actually David Gimour's first solo album was every bit as good, but did not get nearly as much credit.

He's the best member from the Pink Floyd group.

False false false false false. I used to think so too. Then I actually really weighed over what each member has done for the band. My conclusion was, Gilmour; amazing guitar, amazing voice. Waters by far the biggest contributor. Gilmour gets a massive amount of attention just for the fact that he's lead guitar player and lead singer. What are Pink Floyds greatest albums?

The Wall
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You were Here
Obscured By Clouds
Meddle
Animals
Division Bell

"The wall"
Common fact that this is Waters album.

"DSOTM"
^^

"Wish You Were Here"

Again a Waters album. It was a tribute to Syd Barett, and Gilmour wasn't in the band, save for a few months, while Barett was around, so Gilmour somewhat stayed out of the song writing. Waters was the main writer. Wright was second. Rogers was the main contributer in all the songs save Shine On You Crazy Diamond, which was Wright/Gilmour.

___
These are almost positively the three most popular PF albums and every single one Waters was by far the main contributor.
___


"Obscured By Clouds"

Waters was involved in 7 of the ten songs; Gilmour 6.

"Meddle"

Group effort but every song was mostly Waters.

"Animals"

Almost completely Waters. Gilmour was involved in "Dogs".

"Division Bell"

As much a Gilmour album as The Wall is a Waters album.

After taking into account all I've mentioned it's almost impossible to say Gilmour was the greatest PF member. When Gilmour and Waters are compared together, Gilmour is MASSIVELY over rated.

Yes, the concept behind The Wall was a reflection of Roger Waters wild obsession and neurotic insecurities about life.

Waters did have a mental breakdown. So what? The Wall was written as a story that was partly based on Waters life. After watching the movie and listening to the album many times, I find it to be one of the most deep works of art I have ever experienced.

But David Gilmour was the backbone and soul of that group because he bough emotion to the songs.

He did brig emotion to songs. But if it weren't for Waters there would be no songs in the beginning! I've already proved that Waters wrote the vast majority of the music.

He is one of the best guitarists of all time.
I agree

And he has used this country music like persona blended with English rock. Nobody has done what this Man has done before. He is exotic, transcendent, and prophetic.

What?

All I have is one word for you. Diamond. *

LMAO! You have one song to prove your point when I have 6 albums! That is insanely hilarious. Besides shine on you crazy diamond was a group effort. I have the album it shows that it was written in many parts with all the members contributing.

Gilmour kept the band alive singlehandedly. The Divison Bell is a classic. It shows you the artistic value and diversity that he has managed to keep even almost 30 years after Waters tucked tail and ran. He just was not strong enough to handle the master of English rock and soul.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 12:23:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
hmm... this is actually quite interesting.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2012 5:36:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/23/2012 10:02:58 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/23/2012 9:55:48 AM, phantom wrote:
At 2/23/2012 9:37:09 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 8:16:06 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/7/2012 10:46:43 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:44:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?

Actually David Gimour's first solo album was every bit as good, but did not get nearly as much credit.

He's the best member from the Pink Floyd group.

False false false false false. I used to think so too. Then I actually really weighed over what each member has done for the band. My conclusion was, Gilmour; amazing guitar, amazing voice. Waters by far the biggest contributor. Gilmour gets a massive amount of attention just for the fact that he's lead guitar player and lead singer. What are Pink Floyds greatest albums?

The Wall
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You were Here
Obscured By Clouds
Meddle
Animals
Division Bell

"The wall"
Common fact that this is Waters album.

"DSOTM"
^^

"Wish You Were Here"

Again a Waters album. It was a tribute to Syd Barett, and Gilmour wasn't in the band, save for a few months, while Barett was around, so Gilmour somewhat stayed out of the song writing. Waters was the main writer. Wright was second. Rogers was the main contributer in all the songs save Shine On You Crazy Diamond, which was Wright/Gilmour.

___
These are almost positively the three most popular PF albums and every single one Waters was by far the main contributor.
___


"Obscured By Clouds"

Waters was involved in 7 of the ten songs; Gilmour 6.

"Meddle"

Group effort but every song was mostly Waters.

"Animals"

Almost completely Waters. Gilmour was involved in "Dogs".

"Division Bell"

As much a Gilmour album as The Wall is a Waters album.

After taking into account all I've mentioned it's almost impossible to say Gilmour was the greatest PF member. When Gilmour and Waters are compared together, Gilmour is MASSIVELY over rated.

Yes, the concept behind The Wall was a reflection of Roger Waters wild obsession and neurotic insecurities about life.

Waters did have a mental breakdown. So what? The Wall was written as a story that was partly based on Waters life. After watching the movie and listening to the album many times, I find it to be one of the most deep works of art I have ever experienced.

But David Gilmour was the backbone and soul of that group because he bough emotion to the songs.

He did brig emotion to songs. But if it weren't for Waters there would be no songs in the beginning! I've already proved that Waters wrote the vast majority of the music.

He is one of the best guitarists of all time.
I agree

And he has used this country music like persona blended with English rock. Nobody has done what this Man has done before. He is exotic, transcendent, and prophetic.

What?

All I have is one word for you. Diamond. *

LMAO! You have one song to prove your point when I have 6 albums! That is insanely hilarious. Besides shine on you crazy diamond was a group effort. I have the album it shows that it was written in many parts with all the members contributing.


You know one flaw in your debating skills. You consistently drop all of your arguments than make 10 new ones than drop those and make 10 more and so on.

Gilmour kept the band alive singlehandedly.

I'll give Gilmour and Wright credit for keeping the band alive even after Waters left, but this doesn't change the fact that Waters was always the biggest member, save the Syd Barret era, when he was in the band, which was during their most successful stints.

The Divison Bell is a classic. It shows you the artistic value and diversity that he has managed to keep even almost 30 years after Waters tucked tail and ran.

The division bell is a great album, but not one of their top greatest. It's not actually too popular and Gilmour even stated after making it "you can't win every time". It's not at all influential. Pink Floyd were way past that time. Gilmour was old and his voice wasn't what it used to be, though still good. The album also lacked the influence of Waters. The division bell was made in 1994 anyone can tell you Pink Floyds most successful time was the 70's.

So you have one album. Congrats; I still have six, and Pink Floyd's unarguably top three most popular albums are in there.

He just was not strong enough to handle the master of English rock and soul.

I can not make out what you are even saying.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 2:19:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/23/2012 5:36:34 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/23/2012 10:02:58 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/23/2012 9:55:48 AM, phantom wrote:
At 2/23/2012 9:37:09 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 8:16:06 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/7/2012 10:46:43 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:44:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?

Actually David Gimour's first solo album was every bit as good, but did not get nearly as much credit.

He's the best member from the Pink Floyd group.

False false false false false. I used to think so too. Then I actually really weighed over what each member has done for the band. My conclusion was, Gilmour; amazing guitar, amazing voice. Waters by far the biggest contributor. Gilmour gets a massive amount of attention just for the fact that he's lead guitar player and lead singer. What are Pink Floyds greatest albums?

The Wall
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You were Here
Obscured By Clouds
Meddle
Animals
Division Bell

"The wall"
Common fact that this is Waters album.

"DSOTM"
^^

"Wish You Were Here"

Again a Waters album. It was a tribute to Syd Barett, and Gilmour wasn't in the band, save for a few months, while Barett was around, so Gilmour somewhat stayed out of the song writing. Waters was the main writer. Wright was second. Rogers was the main contributer in all the songs save Shine On You Crazy Diamond, which was Wright/Gilmour.

___
These are almost positively the three most popular PF albums and every single one Waters was by far the main contributor.
___


"Obscured By Clouds"

Waters was involved in 7 of the ten songs; Gilmour 6.

"Meddle"

Group effort but every song was mostly Waters.

"Animals"

Almost completely Waters. Gilmour was involved in "Dogs".

"Division Bell"

As much a Gilmour album as The Wall is a Waters album.

After taking into account all I've mentioned it's almost impossible to say Gilmour was the greatest PF member. When Gilmour and Waters are compared together, Gilmour is MASSIVELY over rated.

Yes, the concept behind The Wall was a reflection of Roger Waters wild obsession and neurotic insecurities about life.

Waters did have a mental breakdown. So what? The Wall was written as a story that was partly based on Waters life. After watching the movie and listening to the album many times, I find it to be one of the most deep works of art I have ever experienced.

But David Gilmour was the backbone and soul of that group because he bough emotion to the songs.

He did brig emotion to songs. But if it weren't for Waters there would be no songs in the beginning! I've already proved that Waters wrote the vast majority of the music.

He is one of the best guitarists of all time.
I agree

And he has used this country music like persona blended with English rock. Nobody has done what this Man has done before. He is exotic, transcendent, and prophetic.

What?

All I have is one word for you. Diamond. *

LMAO! You have one song to prove your point when I have 6 albums! That is insanely hilarious. Besides shine on you crazy diamond was a group effort. I have the album it shows that it was written in many parts with all the members contributing.


You know one flaw in your debating skills. You consistently drop all of your arguments than make 10 new ones than drop those and make 10 more and so on.

Gilmour kept the band alive singlehandedly.

I'll give Gilmour and Wright credit for keeping the band alive even after Waters left, but this doesn't change the fact that Waters was always the biggest member, save the Syd Barret era, when he was in the band, which was during their most successful stints.

The Divison Bell is a classic. It shows you the artistic value and diversity that he has managed to keep even almost 30 years after Waters tucked tail and ran.

The division bell is a great album, but not one of their top greatest. It's not actually too popular and Gilmour even stated after making it "you can't win every time". It's not at all influential. Pink Floyd were way past that time. Gilmour was old and his voice wasn't what it used to be, though still good. The album also lacked the influence of Waters. The division bell was made in 1994 anyone can tell you Pink Floyds most successful time was the 70's.

So you have one album. Congrats; I still have six, and Pink Floyd's unarguably top three most popular albums are in there.

He just was not strong enough to handle the master of English rock and soul.

I can not make out what you are even saying.

I have one of David Gilmours solo albums. And I have about 6 of Pink Floyds classics including the Division Bell. This album was underrated but critically acclaimed as they reclaimed theit mysterious ambience side once again.
It was mesmorizing and melodramatic indeed. Gilmour still gives the band that edge which is telling of his capabilities of a band lead singer and producer.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 2:36:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 2:19:11 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/23/2012 5:36:34 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/23/2012 10:02:58 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/23/2012 9:55:48 AM, phantom wrote:
At 2/23/2012 9:37:09 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 8:16:06 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/7/2012 10:46:43 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:44:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?

Actually David Gimour's first solo album was every bit as good, but did not get nearly as much credit.

He's the best member from the Pink Floyd group.

False false false false false. I used to think so too. Then I actually really weighed over what each member has done for the band. My conclusion was, Gilmour; amazing guitar, amazing voice. Waters by far the biggest contributor. Gilmour gets a massive amount of attention just for the fact that he's lead guitar player and lead singer. What are Pink Floyds greatest albums?

The Wall
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You were Here
Obscured By Clouds
Meddle
Animals
Division Bell

"The wall"
Common fact that this is Waters album.

"DSOTM"
^^

"Wish You Were Here"

Again a Waters album. It was a tribute to Syd Barett, and Gilmour wasn't in the band, save for a few months, while Barett was around, so Gilmour somewhat stayed out of the song writing. Waters was the main writer. Wright was second. Rogers was the main contributer in all the songs save Shine On You Crazy Diamond, which was Wright/Gilmour.

___
These are almost positively the three most popular PF albums and every single one Waters was by far the main contributor.
___


"Obscured By Clouds"

Waters was involved in 7 of the ten songs; Gilmour 6.

"Meddle"

Group effort but every song was mostly Waters.

"Animals"

Almost completely Waters. Gilmour was involved in "Dogs".

"Division Bell"

As much a Gilmour album as The Wall is a Waters album.

After taking into account all I've mentioned it's almost impossible to say Gilmour was the greatest PF member. When Gilmour and Waters are compared together, Gilmour is MASSIVELY over rated.

Yes, the concept behind The Wall was a reflection of Roger Waters wild obsession and neurotic insecurities about life.

Waters did have a mental breakdown. So what? The Wall was written as a story that was partly based on Waters life. After watching the movie and listening to the album many times, I find it to be one of the most deep works of art I have ever experienced.

But David Gilmour was the backbone and soul of that group because he bough emotion to the songs.

He did brig emotion to songs. But if it weren't for Waters there would be no songs in the beginning! I've already proved that Waters wrote the vast majority of the music.

He is one of the best guitarists of all time.
I agree

And he has used this country music like persona blended with English rock. Nobody has done what this Man has done before. He is exotic, transcendent, and prophetic.

What?

All I have is one word for you. Diamond. *

LMAO! You have one song to prove your point when I have 6 albums! That is insanely hilarious. Besides shine on you crazy diamond was a group effort. I have the album it shows that it was written in many parts with all the members contributing.


You know one flaw in your debating skills. You consistently drop all of your arguments than make 10 new ones than drop those and make 10 more and so on.

Gilmour kept the band alive singlehandedly.

I'll give Gilmour and Wright credit for keeping the band alive even after Waters left, but this doesn't change the fact that Waters was always the biggest member, save the Syd Barret era, when he was in the band, which was during their most successful stints.

The Divison Bell is a classic. It shows you the artistic value and diversity that he has managed to keep even almost 30 years after Waters tucked tail and ran.

The division bell is a great album, but not one of their top greatest. It's not actually too popular and Gilmour even stated after making it "you can't win every time". It's not at all influential. Pink Floyd were way past that time. Gilmour was old and his voice wasn't what it used to be, though still good. The album also lacked the influence of Waters. The division bell was made in 1994 anyone can tell you Pink Floyds most successful time was the 70's.

So you have one album. Congrats; I still have six, and Pink Floyd's unarguably top three most popular albums are in there.

He just was not strong enough to handle the master of English rock and soul.

I can not make out what you are even saying.

I have one of David Gilmours solo albums.

This is about Pink Floyd's biggest member. Not on who was the greatest musician. Stay on topic.

And I have about 6 of Pink Floyds classics including the Division Bell.

Lies. Care too name these other five?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 2:41:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 2:36:42 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/28/2012 2:19:11 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/23/2012 5:36:34 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/23/2012 10:02:58 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/23/2012 9:55:48 AM, phantom wrote:
At 2/23/2012 9:37:09 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 8:16:06 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/7/2012 10:46:43 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:44:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?

Actually David Gimour's first solo album was every bit as good, but did not get nearly as much credit.

He's the best member from the Pink Floyd group.

False false false false false. I used to think so too. Then I actually really weighed over what each member has done for the band. My conclusion was, Gilmour; amazing guitar, amazing voice. Waters by far the biggest contributor. Gilmour gets a massive amount of attention just for the fact that he's lead guitar player and lead singer. What are Pink Floyds greatest albums?

The Wall
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You were Here
Obscured By Clouds
Meddle
Animals
Division Bell

"The wall"
Common fact that this is Waters album.

"DSOTM"
^^

"Wish You Were Here"

Again a Waters album. It was a tribute to Syd Barett, and Gilmour wasn't in the band, save for a few months, while Barett was around, so Gilmour somewhat stayed out of the song writing. Waters was the main writer. Wright was second. Rogers was the main contributer in all the songs save Shine On You Crazy Diamond, which was Wright/Gilmour.

___
These are almost positively the three most popular PF albums and every single one Waters was by far the main contributor.
___


"Obscured By Clouds"

Waters was involved in 7 of the ten songs; Gilmour 6.

"Meddle"

Group effort but every song was mostly Waters.

"Animals"

Almost completely Waters. Gilmour was involved in "Dogs".

"Division Bell"

As much a Gilmour album as The Wall is a Waters album.

After taking into account all I've mentioned it's almost impossible to say Gilmour was the greatest PF member. When Gilmour and Waters are compared together, Gilmour is MASSIVELY over rated.

Yes, the concept behind The Wall was a reflection of Roger Waters wild obsession and neurotic insecurities about life.

Waters did have a mental breakdown. So what? The Wall was written as a story that was partly based on Waters life. After watching the movie and listening to the album many times, I find it to be one of the most deep works of art I have ever experienced.

But David Gilmour was the backbone and soul of that group because he bough emotion to the songs.

He did brig emotion to songs. But if it weren't for Waters there would be no songs in the beginning! I've already proved that Waters wrote the vast majority of the music.

He is one of the best guitarists of all time.
I agree

And he has used this country music like persona blended with English rock. Nobody has done what this Man has done before. He is exotic, transcendent, and prophetic.

What?

All I have is one word for you. Diamond. *

LMAO! You have one song to prove your point when I have 6 albums! That is insanely hilarious. Besides shine on you crazy diamond was a group effort. I have the album it shows that it was written in many parts with all the members contributing.


You know one flaw in your debating skills. You consistently drop all of your arguments than make 10 new ones than drop those and make 10 more and so on.

Gilmour kept the band alive singlehandedly.

I'll give Gilmour and Wright credit for keeping the band alive even after Waters left, but this doesn't change the fact that Waters was always the biggest member, save the Syd Barret era, when he was in the band, which was during their most successful stints.

The Divison Bell is a classic. It shows you the artistic value and diversity that he has managed to keep even almost 30 years after Waters tucked tail and ran.

The division bell is a great album, but not one of their top greatest. It's not actually too popular and Gilmour even stated after making it "you can't win every time". It's not at all influential. Pink Floyd were way past that time. Gilmour was old and his voice wasn't what it used to be, though still good. The album also lacked the influence of Waters. The division bell was made in 1994 anyone can tell you Pink Floyds most successful time was the 70's.

So you have one album. Congrats; I still have six, and Pink Floyd's unarguably top three most popular albums are in there.

He just was not strong enough to handle the master of English rock and soul.

I can not make out what you are even saying.

I have one of David Gilmours solo albums.

This is about Pink Floyd's biggest member. Not on who was the greatest musician. Stay on topic.

And I have about 6 of Pink Floyds classics including the Division Bell.

Lies. Care too name these other five?

Why would I lie about this ? I know more about Pink Floyd than you do kiddo.
I have The Wall, Division Bell, Animals, Wish You Were Here, Darkside of Moon, and the one with the beds of the front. Dont forget about Roger Waters final album with the band. The one where he wailed about his father going to war and all this junk. I hate that one actually. He said the F word on one of the songs.
Am I right ? Of course I am. =)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 2:59:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 2:41:21 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/28/2012 2:36:42 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/28/2012 2:19:11 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/23/2012 5:36:34 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/23/2012 10:02:58 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/23/2012 9:55:48 AM, phantom wrote:
At 2/23/2012 9:37:09 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/7/2012 8:16:06 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/7/2012 10:46:43 AM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:44:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:41:39 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/2/2012 1:02:09 PM, inferno wrote:
At 2/2/2012 12:47:22 PM, phantom wrote:
At 2/1/2012 1:35:49 PM, inferno wrote:
Pink Floyd's "The Wall".

I agree...........

.....Duh.....?

Actually David Gimour's first solo album was every bit as good, but did not get nearly as much credit.

He's the best member from the Pink Floyd group.

False false false false false. I used to think so too. Then I actually really weighed over what each member has done for the band. My conclusion was, Gilmour; amazing guitar, amazing voice. Waters by far the biggest contributor. Gilmour gets a massive amount of attention just for the fact that he's lead guitar player and lead singer. What are Pink Floyds greatest albums?

The Wall
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You were Here
Obscured By Clouds
Meddle
Animals
Division Bell

"The wall"
Common fact that this is Waters album.

"DSOTM"
^^

"Wish You Were Here"

Again a Waters album. It was a tribute to Syd Barett, and Gilmour wasn't in the band, save for a few months, while Barett was around, so Gilmour somewhat stayed out of the song writing. Waters was the main writer. Wright was second. Rogers was the main contributer in all the songs save Shine On You Crazy Diamond, which was Wright/Gilmour.

___
These are almost positively the three most popular PF albums and every single one Waters was by far the main contributor.
___


"Obscured By Clouds"

Waters was involved in 7 of the ten songs; Gilmour 6.

"Meddle"

Group effort but every song was mostly Waters.

"Animals"

Almost completely Waters. Gilmour was involved in "Dogs".

"Division Bell"

As much a Gilmour album as The Wall is a Waters album.

After taking into account all I've mentioned it's almost impossible to say Gilmour was the greatest PF member. When Gilmour and Waters are compared together, Gilmour is MASSIVELY over rated.

Yes, the concept behind The Wall was a reflection of Roger Waters wild obsession and neurotic insecurities about life.

Waters did have a mental breakdown. So what? The Wall was written as a story that was partly based on Waters life. After watching the movie and listening to the album many times, I find it to be one of the most deep works of art I have ever experienced.

But David Gilmour was the backbone and soul of that group because he bough emotion to the songs.

He did brig emotion to songs. But if it weren't for Waters there would be no songs in the beginning! I've already proved that Waters wrote the vast majority of the music.

He is one of the best guitarists of all time.
I agree

And he has used this country music like persona blended with English rock. Nobody has done what this Man has done before. He is exotic, transcendent, and prophetic.

What?

All I have is one word for you. Diamond. *

LMAO! You have one song to prove your point when I have 6 albums! That is insanely hilarious. Besides shine on you crazy diamond was a group effort. I have the album it shows that it was written in many parts with all the members contributing.


You know one flaw in your debating skills. You consistently drop all of your arguments than make 10 new ones than drop those and make 10 more and so on.

Gilmour kept the band alive singlehandedly.

I'll give Gilmour and Wright credit for keeping the band alive even after Waters left, but this doesn't change the fact that Waters was always the biggest member, save the Syd Barret era, when he was in the band, which was during their most successful stints.

The Divison Bell is a classic. It shows you the artistic value and diversity that he has managed to keep even almost 30 years after Waters tucked tail and ran.

The division bell is a great album, but not one of their top greatest. It's not actually too popular and Gilmour even stated after making it "you can't win every time". It's not at all influential. Pink Floyd were way past that time. Gilmour was old and his voice wasn't what it used to be, though still good. The album also lacked the influence of Waters. The division bell was made in 1994 anyone can tell you Pink Floyds most successful time was the 70's.

So you have one album. Congrats; I still have six, and Pink Floyd's unarguably top three most popular albums are in there.

He just was not strong enough to handle the master of English rock and soul.

I can not make out what you are even saying.

I have one of David Gilmours solo albums.

This is about Pink Floyd's biggest member. Not on who was the greatest musician. Stay on topic.

And I have about 6 of Pink Floyds classics including the Division Bell.

Lies. Care too name these other five?

Why would I lie about this ?

You're inferno.

I know more about Pink Floyd than you do kiddo.

Clearly.

I have The Wall, Division Bell, Animals, Wish You Were Here, Darkside of Moon, and the one with the beds of the front.

This is the stupidest thing you have said so far.

The Wall? Like I already said it's basically common acknowledged FACT that this is a Waters album. Gilmour was involved in only 4 out of the 26 songs!!!!

Animals? Oh yes because gilmour was involved in one song.

Wish You Were Here? This is almost solely Waters. Gilmour was only involved in SOYCD, and that was written in multiple parts with all members contributing, xcept Mason. Besides why would Gilmour be the writer of an album which was a tribute to the person he replaced. That'd be awkward...

Darkside of Moon? Your are ridiculous. This was a Waters album. Everybody knows that.

Btw pink floyd don't have an album called "the one with the beds of the front".

Dont forget about Roger Waters final album with the band. The one where he wailed about his father going to war and all this junk. I hate that one actually. He said the F word on one of the songs.

The Wall is very much based on his father, and he says the say the F word. Every criticism you've made can also be applied to the wall which you said was the gre
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 3:18:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Their album. The Final Cut was considered weak, and this was the last album Waters did with the band. It was quite uncreative and bland, but dark.
Waters was uninspired and boring in this one.

The Momentary Lapse of Reason was a good comeback album because it showed that they had staying power and was able to manage in spite of the lost of the lead singer. The Division Bell won them a Grammy in 1995, because it was critically acclaimed especially in the Eastern Hemisphere. Again, this was without Waters.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 3:35:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm losing brain cells. This is pointless. Why do I even waist my time like this.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 4:26:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 3:35:14 PM, phantom wrote:
I'm losing brain cells. This is pointless. Why do I even waste my time like this.

No idea. I wonder if there will be reciprocal debates any time soon...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...