Jump to topic:

Anyone Go To Band Camp?

Bruin2006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2012 4:10:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I did. Seriously. I was in marching band throughout high school and every August we had to go to Band Camp where we actually stayed in barracks at a camp for 4 days. We would get up bright and early, work on music, and learn new drill all day. By the end of the day we would be exhausted and sunburned. It was pretty awesome.

Anyone else have the pleasure of experiencing this magical adventure?
We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor that we are aware of.
PianoRocker24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 9:27:54 PM
Color guard: every Monday for three hours during summer. Three weeks before school every week day for 9 hours. Once school starts everyday after school rain snow hail running seven miles. My band friends putty the guard.
-Forever The Sickest Kid
Bruin2006
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:27:43 AM
At 3/21/2012 9:27:54 PM, PianoRocker24 wrote:
Color guard: every Monday for three hours during summer. Three weeks before school every week day for 9 hours. Once school starts everyday after school rain snow hail running seven miles. My band friends putty the guard.

9 hours?? That is insane! A couple weeks before school started we would do like 5 hours every weekday. Once school started we would only meet Tues and Thurs for 4 hours and 8 hours Saturday. Ah, but it was good times though. I miss marching band and I'm not ashamed to say it! lol
We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor that we are aware of.
PianoRocker24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 4:56:07 AM
Yes! 9 hours. And we run on asphalt and last year the heat index became so high (107) that we legally had to take a break every thirty minutes. I have never hated something more. And I can't wait for this next season to start :)
-Forever The Sickest Kid