Jump to topic:

I love classical music

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 4:22:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I may be a rock fanatic, but it is the truth. Classical music, can be just the most beautiful and deep music.

Now mind you, I only like certain types of classical. There's allot that I don't care for, but some of it just gives me ear orgasms,

Anyways, for anyone here who likes classical music could you give me recommendations, for someone who likes, deep, relaxing, and dark?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 4:29:37 PM
How are these?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 5:27:11 PM
At 4/15/2012 4:22:29 PM, phantom wrote:
I may be a rock fanatic, but it is the truth. Classical music, can be just the most beautiful and deep music.

Now mind you, I only like certain types of classical. There's allot that I don't care for, but some of it just gives me ear orgasms,

Anyways, for anyone here who likes classical music could you give me recommendations, for someone who likes, deep, relaxing, and dark?

I don't listen to classical music that much. Although occasionally I listen to world music which is easy to fall asleep to (which is really relaxing).
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:18:05 PM
At 4/15/2012 4:25:30 PM, tobob wrote:

I like the strangeness of it
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:22:06 PM
At 4/15/2012 4:29:37 PM, 000ike wrote:

How are these?

1st didn't really strike a chord with me. (pun not extended)

2nd I definetely liked, though I didn't exactly love it.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:22:14 PM
At 4/15/2012 4:22:29 PM, phantom wrote:

So you want something that is more chordal and in a minor key (most likely)?

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata
Beethoven's 5th Symphony (I don't know about relaxing here...)
Basically anything by Chopin :P (he wrote mostly darker music but, there are a few lighter pieces)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:24:31 PM
At 4/15/2012 5:27:11 PM, Contra wrote:

I don't listen to classical music that much. Although occasionally I listen to world music which is easy to fall asleep to (which is really relaxing).

What exactly is world music? I think I might know but I'm not sure.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:39:59 PM
At 4/15/2012 10:22:14 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata

Basically anything by Chopin :P (he wrote mostly darker music but, there are a few lighter pieces)

Bingo!

Gracias
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:39:44 AM
At 4/15/2012 10:24:31 PM, phantom wrote:

Eh, it is basic I guess, nearly all instrumental, I would search youtube if you needed an example.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 8:05:55 AM
I like classical too!! :D
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 11:40:22 AM
At 4/16/2012 7:39:44 AM, Contra wrote:

Eh, it is basic I guess, nearly all instrumental, I would search youtube if you needed an example.

Would this be called world?
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 5:17:17 PM
At 4/16/2012 8:05:55 AM, 16kadams wrote:
I like classical too!! :D

hmm...what part of classical. Because there is Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Impressionistic, etc...
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:10:11 PM
At 4/16/2012 11:40:22 AM, phantom wrote:
At 4/16/2012 7:39:44 AM, Contra wrote:

Would this be called world?

I think this is a better example. This music plays with the soul (lol).

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 8:46:17 PM
Yes, anything between medieval and classical music is intensely relaxing. Sometimes I wish to grab a history book about a random person's life in old times, have a cup of tea, and have this kind of music running in the background. Very healthy thing, too.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 9:06:38 PM
I like baroque
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 11:39:21 PM
This forum is dead.