Jump to topic:

Any other photographers here?

RedneckR0nin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2012 2:59:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am semi-pro but haven't done a lot of professional work this year more theory than anything. Just wondering if there is any more around? Pro or not doesn't matter just anyone that loved the art?
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 7:02:53 PM
At 5/5/2012 2:59:40 AM, RedneckR0nin wrote:
I am semi-pro but haven't done a lot of professional work this year more theory than anything. Just wondering if there is any more around? Pro or not doesn't matter just anyone that loved the art?

I bought a Nikon D70 second-hand a few months ago and started reading books on photography in order to start a photography business. I eventually decided against it. Everything is so expensive in photography and I probably don't have the people skills for it. Plus, it wasn't all that fun for me. But at least I have a cool camera and some nice lense to go along with it.

Anyway, regarding actual photographers, RoyLatham and Jordan56 were in a photography debate a while ago that you might want to check out: http://www.debate.org...
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
RedneckR0nin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 10:46:59 AM
Thanks. I'll check that out right now. It is a expensive venture in every aspect. To even get to the point where I felt was I was ready to try charging for photos I was easily 75k in the hole. It hasn't even come close to paying for itself yet but I really don't mind. I figure if I make a living at it it's a bonus if not I do it for myself anyway.