Jump to topic:

Dah Geetur

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2009 3:41:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
So, I'm thinking of taking up dah geetur. I simply have to borrow my dads one, which he never uses (Serious waste of a b-day present) and get lessons of a guy my sister works with.

Any thoughts?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2009 3:47:17 PM
At 8/2/2009 3:41:59 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Any thoughts?

[/is having a s0m31john moment]

YES.

It's "Gitah".
Video half-related. Because I couldn't find the actual one.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2009 3:54:08 PM
At 8/2/2009 3:41:59 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
So, I'm thinking of taking up dah geetur. I simply have to borrow my dads one, which he never uses (Serious waste of a b-day present) and get lessons of a guy my sister works with.

Any thoughts?

Well, I found that when I started to play, my appreciation for music as a whole grew tremendously.

Anyway, assuming you stick with it, when you eventually get good, you'll see that there really is nothing else comparable to playing music, whether you're playing your own stuff, or the main riff to a song you like.

The song I included in this post is probably my favorite to play/play along to -- it might not be the best guitar work ever, but it's very solid, and highly enjoyable.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2009 11:50:07 AM
Had my first lesson today. I basically learned G minor, G major and A major. And found out G Minor is for teh winz.
Metallicker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2009 11:20:06 PM
Awesome panda, enjoy it. I love playing guitar, however I can now not enjoy a song as a whole peice of art, I always find myself breaking all the instruments down into separate parts and it gets to me immensly sometimes lol. Picking up an instrument has made me appreciate a much wider taste in music and the talent it takes to write great tunes.

Just remember that 15 minutes of practice everyday will get you a hell of a lot better then two hours once a week!
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2009 11:15:53 AM
At 9/1/2009 11:20:06 PM, Metallicker wrote:
Awesome panda, enjoy it. I love playing guitar, however I can now not enjoy a song as a whole peice of art, I always find myself breaking all the instruments down into separate parts and it gets to me immensly sometimes lol. Picking up an instrument has made me appreciate a much wider taste in music and the talent it takes to write great tunes.

Just remember that 15 minutes of practice everyday will get you a hell of a lot better then two hours once a week!

I do it for about 30 minutes each day, if you add up the little 3-4 minute session I do every so often.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2009 12:18:22 PM
A: http://www.musicstore.com...

Or

B: http://www.musicstore.com...

A Pro's:

- Les Paul guitar
- Guitar is neater
- MP3 input for amp

B Pro's:

- Lot's of goodie's like a set of strings, a strap and a bag
- 25 watt amp pwns 15 watt amp

It's mainly the guitar, and the Les Paul seems better.