Jump to topic:

Writing a Book Online.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:13:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You may remember that I was in the middle of writing a book before my computer died.

Well, I'd really like to start a new one. Fiction this time. But I'm using my family computer and I just don't have the money to buy a new computer right now.

I've discovered that there are some online resources for writing a book. Do any of you guys know whether these are any good? And, if so, what is the best?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:34:16 PM
At 8/13/2012 9:31:40 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
What's it about?

I have a few book ideas.

I think the first will be the story of a man who goes to hell. It has a lot plot material further than that though, including big twists.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:37:09 PM
At 8/13/2012 9:34:16 PM, FREEDO wrote:
What's it about?

I have a few book ideas.

I think the first will be the story of a man who goes to hell. It has a lot plot material further than that though, including big twists.

So...like Dante's Inferno in book form?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:38:54 PM
At 8/13/2012 9:37:09 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 8/13/2012 9:34:16 PM, FREEDO wrote:
What's it about?

I have a few book ideas.

So...like Dante's Inferno in book form?

No. It's a pretty unique story. It's also brings up lots of intellectual points.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:09:46 PM
At 8/13/2012 9:13:51 PM, FREEDO wrote:
You may remember that I was in the middle of writing a book before my computer died.

And you lost the whole thing? That sucks.

Well, I'd really like to start a new one. Fiction this time. But I'm using my family computer and I just don't have the money to buy a new computer right now.

I've discovered that there are some online resources for writing a book. Do any of you guys know whether these are any good? And, if so, what is the best?

IDK. I just use a gmail draft when I write things to save online. It works fine if your just writing, but not the greatest tool.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 2:38:33 AM
At 8/13/2012 10:09:46 PM, phantom wrote:

And you lost the whole thing? That sucks.

Majorly.

IDK. I just use a gmail draft when I write things to save online. It works fine if your just writing, but not the greatest tool.

No, that wouldn't work at all for writing a book.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 10:38:26 AM

Dropbox will give you 2GB of space for free. It basically keeps a folder on you hard drive in sync with their online servers so it's always backed up. I've tried it a little and think it's nice. My wife use it to back up her book.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it