Jump to topic:

Greatest Bands of All Time

chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 10:39:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
In a continuation of my personal "best of" lists... It's time to talk music. What are some of the greatest bands or artists of all time?

My picks: The Beatles (obviously), Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, and Pink Floyd.
chaospunx40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 2:24:58 PM
There is no way to decide who is the greatest band of all time. There's way to many to decide from. Also you weren't clear on what makes a band the greatest of all time, like did you mean most influential, or most technical, or most fans, or the first band ever like what.
chaospunx40
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 2:28:54 PM
or were you asking like in terms of favorite bands? i mean in my own opinion the greatest bands ever (not my favorites) In terms of influence, would probably be The Beatlesof course, Queen,or Led Zeppelin. In terms of technicality i'd say Necrophagist, The Faceless, Viraemia etc. My favorite bands are The Casualties or Tenebrae. So in my opinion i'd say those would have to be the greatest bands of all time.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 9:56:16 PM
The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin (In that order) Floyd over zep since they were more experimental.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2012 9:08:01 AM
The greatest? Probably The Stones..

My favourite though, is Super Furry Animals..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2012 7:23:51 PM
Queen. The greatest band to have ever performed. It was simply, perfection. They didn't have to dominate the charts to let us know that they were the greatest. They had the greatest lead singer of all time in Freddie Mercury. They had one of the best guitar players of all time in Brian May, and another excellent one in John Deacon at bass. Plus you had the great drum talents of Roger Taylor. Freddie was a piano master. They were the greatest songwriters in band history. All 4 could write some of the classic Queen pieces. They were the best live performers in HISTORY. The way they controlled the crowed was never achieved before them, and never will be achieved after them. Only they could do it. They had 2 of the best live performances of all time in their Live Aid performance (Often called the best concert of all time, referring to Queen's part.), and their shows in 1986 at Wembley Stadium, with many more great ones. They were under appreciated in the US, but they were a major hit worldwide. Their songs are the most iconic in history. Simply put, the greatest band of all time has been,and forever will be, Queen.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2012 7:27:37 PM
Oh, forgot to mention, Queen was the most diverse band of all time. They did very hard rock (Their first album was all that), to Funk (Sort of. The Hot Space album qualifies as Funk in my opinion.), to even Power Ballads (The song 'Save Me' on The Game album.)
#FeeltheFreezerBern
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 8:20:44 AM
At 10/22/2012 7:27:37 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Oh, forgot to mention, Queen was the most diverse band of all time. They did very hard rock (Their first album was all that), to Funk (Sort of. The Hot Space album qualifies as Funk in my opinion.), to even Power Ballads (The song 'Save Me' on The Game album.)

Great band, no doubt..

What's your favourite track? Hammer to fall does it for me every time..
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 7:13:48 PM
At 10/23/2012 8:20:44 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/22/2012 7:27:37 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Great band, no doubt..

What's your favourite track? Hammer to fall does it for me every time..

Damn, that is a tough one. I too love Hammer to Fall, but Queen has so many great songs that I can't pick one.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 7:55:03 PM
Beatles then led Zeppelin
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 4:43:06 PM
At 10/23/2012 7:55:03 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Download 'exile on main st' right now and repent of this nonsense!
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 4:43:52 PM
At 10/24/2012 4:43:06 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/23/2012 7:55:03 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Download 'exile on main st' right now and repent of this nonsense!

Or just one track: Gimme Shelter.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 5:18:13 PM
The Beatles, The Travelling Wilberries (or however you spell it) the Carpenters, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Don McLean, James Taylor, Roy Orbison, Barry Manilow, Elton John, Queen, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, David Bowie, and Journey.
^The above is not in any particular order
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush