Send a Message
10/15/2009 10:08:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Who says I can't get stoned?
Turn off the lights and the telephone.
Me in my house alone,
--------------------------------------------

So I just got really bored of my RTOS project and decided to start a discussion about new albums/singles coming out soon to see what people on DDO listen to.

I'm personally waiting for the new John Mayer and Weezer albums that are due out in the next month or two, but maybe there's something out there I haven't heard about yet. Is there anything else I should be looking forward to? Any other good bands releasing new stuff soon?
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2009 10:28:23 PM
At 10/15/2009 10:08:14 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
Turn off the lights and the telephone.
Me in my house alone,
--------------------------------------------

So I just got really bored of my RTOS project and decided to start a discussion about new albums/singles coming out soon to see what people on DDO listen to.

I'm personally waiting for the new John Mayer and Weezer albums that are due out in the next month or two, but maybe there's something out there I haven't heard about yet. Is there anything else I should be looking forward to? Any other good bands releasing new stuff soon?

i have posted it on two peoples profile, that i think are a great portrait for the song.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 8:24:47 AM
I like the song... and can relate :)

As far as music I like, I'm into a whole bunch of stuff. What's listed on my profile is really just a tiny handful; I can assure you that I listen to pretty much everything (seriously). I'm definitely gonna check out the new Weezer album; I liked them a lot in HS and wonder if they can still hold my interest (I've kind of outgrown them). I think John Mayer is a great guitar player and song writer, but sometimes his stuff is a little too faggy for me. I haven't heard about anything new coming out that's peaked my interest, but I'll keep my eyes and ears open and get back to ya.
President of DDO
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2009 6:27:42 PM
At 10/21/2009 4:24:41 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/21/2009 4:23:35 PM, feverish wrote:
Everybody must get stoned.

Here here. I'm on it! :D

Speaking of which... you know how I told you I'd been 7 weeks without yahndi for my pre-employment medical? Well I had my medical on Monday (passed it, yeah!), and got onto some killer f*cking weed last night (Wednesday)... was like old times again. Haven't been that high (not stoned, high. :D) since I was about 18. My girlfriend and I absolutely p*ssing ourselves laughing at just about nothing, and man was I creative! Gaps in stories I've been stuck on for weeks were filled in with little effort. It really is the best drug, but I now realize smoking every day is not the way it should be used. The old adage "just using it to get back to normal"... I don't know about you, but that's certainly the way I was for a long time there.

I guess my point is (and one you probably already realize), if you're an every day smoker (which I believe you are), I suggest you take a week or two off. You will really appreciate and respect the drug a lot more, and it deserves it.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2009 10:26:32 AM
At 10/21/2009 6:27:42 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

I guess my point is (and one you probably already realize), if you're an every day smoker (which I believe you are), I suggest you take a week or two off. You will really appreciate and respect the drug a lot more, and it deserves it.

Yeah, your probably right but I just don't want to. lol

I had a rare two and a half day break from it this week when I went to Ireland but I get moody and tetchy and just end up drinking which I believe is worse for me.

I'm planning to have another try at quitting tobacco soon and I reckon cutting down on the erb would make that easier but we'll have to see.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2009 10:34:10 AM
I used to get REALLY moody when I didn't smoke. I mean like PMS style. I then realized that I was addicted and didn't like the feeling. Since then, I've taken a few breaks... my longest in the past few years was for about 2 weeks when I was broke and/or just unable to get my hands on some because I was away on vacation. I've been much better since that experience; I wasn't cranky or fiendish. Also, it's acually a scientific fact that if you're a habitual smoker, and then take a little while off, the drug will affect you greater than even a person who's never smoked before. I forget exactly why, but read about it in a Brain and Behavior book for a class I sat in on over the summer.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2009 10:34:43 AM
At 10/22/2009 10:33:27 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
The man says you can't get stoned.

We tell the man to shove it up his @ss because we continue to get stoned along with millions and millions of other people every single day :)
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2009 10:39:15 AM
At 10/22/2009 10:34:43 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/22/2009 10:33:27 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
The man says you can't get stoned.

We tell the man to shove it up his @ss because we continue to get stoned along with millions and millions of other people every single day :)

Hey, I want to legalise drugs - But the man don't want you smoking that sh!t.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Chuckles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2009 10:49:41 AM
Longest break i've had since i started smoking was 2 months, and the next high was fantastic. I just finished off a bag that i kid you not, smelled like grape soda. People always say "this sh*t smells like _____" and it kinda does, but this REALLY smells grapey.
"Pumas are wretched beasts with enourmous salty genitals."-MadMonkey889

: At 5/5/2009 9:47:22 PM, rogerklotz wrote:
:That's obviously changed by the government. The Atlanteans probably had something to do with it.
: QUIT USING LOGIC

: At 4/25/2009 3:09:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
:God is GOING to have His way with you.
: At 5/5/2009 11:41:18 AM, Volkov wrote:
:When both sides can agree and disagree without someone quoting Proverbs, then the debate comes worthwhile
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 8:30:23 AM
I say you can get stoned, but keep it to yourself.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa