Jump to topic:

Les Miserables?

Topiarey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2013 4:28:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Was it just me or were other people blown away by this adaptation of the musical/book?
"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end."-Leon Trotsky
Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2013 9:54:37 PM
That was an amazing movie. And that little boy who was part of the revolutionary group was very inspiring
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 8:28:39 AM
At 1/3/2013 4:28:44 PM, Topiarey wrote:
Was it just me or were other people blown away by this adaptation of the musical/book?

I agree. This movie is phenomenal - the music is wonderful and it is almost as good as seeing it live.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 8:18:42 PM
At 1/4/2013 8:28:39 AM, DoubtingDave wrote:

I agree. This movie is phenomenal - the music is wonderful and it is almost as good as seeing it live.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
RationalMadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 9:05:22 AM
Sh!t storyline tbph
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
Get_Outta_My_Head
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 3:07:21 PM

YES!!!! I definitely was!!! The cast was chosen perfectly and the acting was very good. My favorite actress was in it (Anne Hathaway). She is pregnant and had to eat nothing but oatmeal to look like she wasn't. The movie was better than the book for me. And the trailer was definitely convincing for me to go see the movie in theaters. LOVED IT!!!! xD
RationalMadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 3:17:31 PM
At 1/6/2013 3:07:21 PM, Get_Outta_My_Head wrote:

YES!!!! I definitely was!!! The cast was chosen perfectly and the acting was very good. My favorite actress was in it (Anne Hathaway). She is pregnant and had to eat nothing but oatmeal to look like she wasn't. The movie was better than the book for me. And the trailer was definitely convincing for me to go see the movie in theaters. LOVED IT!!!! xD

What a b*tch to her baby. It's only getting fed starch and fiber... How the heck will it grow...
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
Avalanche
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 12:09:36 AM

I agree, it was fantastic. I have never experienced such an emotional range in any picture. I typically find musicals less realistic than non-musical films. But this was different.

The music successfully invited the viewer to feel what the characters were feeling. THAT is storytelling. This picture is far more informative to real-life than most movies (even those that don't burst into song). :D
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 9:50:17 AM
It certainly is one of the most amazing movie I ever saw in all this years. However, I am still quite disappoint that they shortened the music from the original musical play.

I mean the vocal is absolutely fantastic, and they have that grand orchestra to lift everything up to the majestic scale. It just too bad that this is all they have to offer, it make me hunger like crazy to see the rest of them being shown.

Perhaps that's why they name it the miserable...