Jump to topic:

Best Video Game Music

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 8:46:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Video games often have astoundingly beautiful music. Everyone post your favorites!
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 5:21:35 PM
http://benprunty.bandcamp.com...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 9:17:46 PM
At 2/14/2013 5:17:36 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
i love this one

YES YES YES! You sir read my mind! Such amazing and underrated music, better than Skyrim music.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 9:26:59 PM
At 2/14/2013 9:17:46 PM, Chicken wrote:
i love this one

YES YES YES! You sir read my mind! Such amazing and underrated music, better than Skyrim music.

Skyrim is definitely a step down music-wise.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 9:30:10 PM
Can't remember the particular one I'm remembering but these two are really good.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 6:39:01 AM
At 2/14/2013 9:26:59 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
i love this one

That is a bit unfair for you to judge. I like Morrowind music better too, but that doesn't mean the Skyrim is a let down. The more masculine-centre of Skyrim is actually giving Elder Scroll music more dimension, it is also well arranged and balanced. I would definitively disagree if what you said was that its quality is dropped compare to Morrowind.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 7:03:54 AM
At 2/14/2013 9:27:08 PM, KeytarHero wrote:
The Mega Man and Final Fantasy franchises have some of my favorite video game music.

I am in favor of FF franchises, particularly FF7 - One Winged Angel. Such a masterpiece. Let's not forget FF8, its opening & ending music were phenomenal.
FF7 - One Winged Angel:
FF8 - Opening:
FF8 - Ending:
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 5:12:10 PM
At 2/15/2013 6:39:01 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
At 2/14/2013 9:26:59 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
i love this one

That is a bit unfair for you to judge. I like Morrowind music better too, but that doesn't mean the Skyrim is a let down. The more masculine-centre of Skyrim is actually giving Elder Scroll music more dimension, it is also well arranged and balanced. I would definitively disagree if what you said was that its quality is dropped compare to Morrowind.

Everyone has different opinions. I prefer Dvorak to Bach, that doesn't mean that Dvorak is objectively the better compose. When I listen to Morrowind or Oblivion music I hear a rich range of emotions and themes. When I listen to Skyrim it's a bit overly focused on 'RAGH! ME BIG MAN! HEAR ME ROAR!' for my tastes. It's just not my cup of tea, I suppose. I do think that Skyrim is exceptional in terms of other aspect, like enemy level scaling (I'm looking at you, Oblivion).
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 5:15:11 PM
At 2/15/2013 7:03:54 AM, TheElderScroll wrote:
The Mega Man and Final Fantasy franchises have some of my favorite video game music.

I am in favor of FF franchises, particularly FF7 - One Winged Angel. Such a masterpiece. Let's not forget FF8, its opening & ending music were phenomenal.
FF8 - Ending:

I love how this song was woven into the story. It really gave the ending some extra impact.
- Hilaire Belloc -
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 7:42:51 PM
At 2/15/2013 5:15:11 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 2/15/2013 7:03:54 AM, TheElderScroll wrote:

FF8 - Ending:

I love how this song was woven into the story. It really gave the ending some extra impact.

Indeed. The ending music offers a new dimension to the game itself.
To the best of my recollection, the opening music (FF8) was played in Olympics once, although I cannot recall which one.

FF10 had a very emotional ending as well. Love both.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 7:56:29 PM
At 2/7/2013 8:46:11 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Video games often have astoundingly beautiful music. Everyone post your favorites!

I love the first one. Another masterpiece from Square-Enix.

The ElderScrolls is one of the best games I have ever played. Its musical composition is top notch.

Dragon Age. One of the best. Another one from Bioware you may like:

The last one (To Zanarkand) is from FF10. Great opening theme. Ending Theme is equally powerful and emotional.

I would recommend another one from FF8 - The Castle:
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 11:57:54 AM
i love this one

I don't like the game, really, but that music... Just listen to it.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2013 1:00:19 PM
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2013 7:44:23 PM
At 2/18/2013 1:00:19 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Oh yeaaaaah...

I have to add this to the mix:
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Anonymous.Anonymity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 5:03:31 PM
Here's some music from Yoko Shimomura, from the compilation album Drammatica. I love listening to these, it feels like you're actually in the game. :D
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 9:33:08 PM
At 2/22/2013 5:03:31 PM, Anonymous.Anonymity wrote:
Here's some music from Yoko Shimomura, from the compilation album Drammatica. I love listening to these, it feels like you're actually in the game. :D

I love her!

My favorite composers are probably her, Yasunori Mitsuda (My all-time favorite), Nobuo Uematsu (Very close second), and Inon Zur. What about you?
- Hilaire Belloc -
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2013 10:46:55 PM
Here's a dubstep remix of Ancient Heart from Final Fantasy 7. Usually, the artist goes crazy with the dubbing and completely loses the sense of the song they're remixing, but this remix actually turned out better than the original.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2013 10:53:28 PM
For those of you who remember the original Soul Blade (before it because Soul Calibur)

1. You are awesome
2. It had a bada$$ opening theme

Actually, this game probably had the best opening cinematic of any PS1 game period. At least according to me =3
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2013 12:55:24 PM
At 2/25/2013 10:53:28 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
For those of you who remember the original Soul Blade (before it because Soul Calibur)

1. You are awesome
2. It had a bada$$ opening theme

Actually, this game probably had the best opening cinematic of any PS1 game period. At least according to me =3

This triggered some nostalgia, and made me remember one of my favorite games of all time: Legend of Dragoon. I love it mainly for the fantastic story, but anyone who has ever played it should recognize these two:
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 9:44:37 PM
At 3/16/2013 4:25:32 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
ever heard of this?

It's composed of two stage theme, my favourite of favourite.

Happy arcade music can be so addictive.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 10:07:00 PM
At 3/16/2013 3:35:16 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Prisoners of Fate FTW

Oh my... I feel a Yasunori Mitsuda spree coming on:
- Hilaire Belloc -
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 8:28:42 PM
Red Dead Redemption has one of the best ever
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 9:06:35 AM
Halo Legends has a really good soundtrack. I really need to listen to more game soundtracks. I'm too into movie soundtracks.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 2:37:34 PM
At 3/25/2013 9:06:35 AM, phantom wrote:
Halo Legends has a really good soundtrack. I really need to listen to more game soundtracks. I'm too into movie soundtracks.

Star War!!!!
Imperial March!!!