Jump to topic:

Experience and Opinion of Music

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 11:25:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Do the conditions during which you first listen to a song (with someone you really like, during an amazing concert, etc.) change your opinion of that song any? Let's say you were at a concert of a band you ordinarily don't listen to, but they were amazing. Would you listen to their music after that? What about any memories you associate with a song?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 8:51:58 PM
At 3/5/2013 11:43:33 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
why not? If I like it already I will certainly listen to it.

I had a pretty good "experience" at a Ted Nugent concert about 35 years ago. Liked his music ever since. Remember bits and pieces like it was yesterday. Especially those big yellow triangles floating around. It seems I was the only one who saw them!
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 5:34:05 AM
First off, I hate Ted Nugent, but I LOVE the Nuge!!! If he would just shut his mouth and Wango Tango, the world would be a much better place.

I have a rule - 3 listens before I make a judgment either way.

This rule is the product of an old friend who adopted it before me, and once I thought about it, it made sense.

Hell, I liked "The Macarena" the first couple times I heard it (it was catchy...gimme a break); third time was a charm, though. MAKE IT STOP!!!

Buhloone Mindstate by De La Soul is one of my top 100 albums of all time. I simply love it, but I didn't like it the 1st time I heard it. I thank my lucky stars for the 3 listen rule every time I think about the tiny void that would exist in me without this album in my life.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
StevenDixon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2013 7:28:28 PM
At 3/3/2013 11:25:23 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Do the conditions during which you first listen to a song (with someone you really like, during an amazing concert, etc.) change your opinion of that song any? Let's say you were at a concert of a band you ordinarily don't listen to, but they were amazing. Would you listen to their music after that? What about any memories you associate with a song?

I noticed your avatar is a picture of the one and only true god, Tosin Abasi. Not many people know the wisdom and beauty of our god.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 11:27:41 AM
At 3/23/2013 7:28:28 PM, StevenDixon wrote:

I noticed your avatar is a picture of the one and only true god, Tosin Abasi. Not many people know the wisdom and beauty of our god.

no offend but I only worshiped Mozart :D
StevenDixon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 7:37:46 PM
At 3/24/2013 11:27:41 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:

no offend but I only worshiped Mozart :D

That's actually very offensive.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2013 10:51:13 PM

We must preach the Gospel and bring them into the light so that they may share in His beauty.

Also, Hi! You're awesome :)
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 1:46:13 PM

No. If anything it'd be the other way around - a song will get 'attached' to a memory by circumstance and it's hard to get it unattached, later. The memory gets in the way of the music.

When I was in high school, Led Zeppelin was just hitting their stride. I saw them live right after "Stairway To Heaven" came out (1974?). They're one of the few bands of those days that I'll still listen to on occasion, but it's hard to just listen when so much of their music is attached to so many memories of those days.