Jump to topic:

anyone that plays piano

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 7:06:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Any suggestions for fun but advanced piano pieces? I'm open to anything, but classical is preferred. No chopin (I already know them). No Rachmaninoff (sounds like noise).

thanks
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 5:43:12 PM
At 4/20/2013 7:06:43 AM, 000ike wrote:
Any suggestions for fun but advanced piano pieces? I'm open to anything, but classical is preferred. No chopin (I already know them). No Rachmaninoff (sounds like noise).

thanks

Blasphemy!
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 6:19:11 PM
At 4/20/2013 5:43:12 PM, phantom wrote:

thanks

Blasphemy!

not quite noise, but still don't like it.

This is the kind of dry noise that I'm referring to:
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 6:54:42 PM
At 4/20/2013 6:19:11 PM, 000ike wrote:

thanks

Blasphemy!

To be honest, I agree somewhat. I just like the one composition I posted and some others by him, but I've never been much of a fan. My favorite piano pieces come from Debussy, Chopin, Beethoven, Mozart and Bach. I'm still investigating though. Haven't liked classical for that long but currently can't get enough of it. Any recommendations?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
baylieboo22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 6:55:46 PM
For Elise by beethoven is a classic piano song to learn. It's not very hard to learn, but it sounds pretty advanced when you play it.
Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
~ Robert Frost
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 7:20:12 PM
At 4/20/2013 6:55:46 PM, baylieboo22 wrote:
For Elise by beethoven is a classic piano song to learn. It's not very hard to learn, but it sounds pretty advanced when you play it.

that's literally the first thing beginners learn on piano........

Advanced please
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 7:22:47 PM
At 4/20/2013 7:20:12 PM, 000ike wrote:

Advanced please

We got a badass over here.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 7:34:16 PM
At 4/20/2013 6:54:42 PM, phantom wrote:
At 4/20/2013 6:19:11 PM, 000ike wrote:

thanks

Blasphemy!

To be honest, I agree somewhat. I just like the one composition I posted and some others by him, but I've never been much of a fan. My favorite piano pieces come from Debussy, Chopin, Beethoven, Mozart and Bach. I'm still investigating though. Haven't liked classical for that long but currently can't get enough of it. Any recommendations?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 7:35:09 PM
At 4/20/2013 7:22:47 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/20/2013 7:20:12 PM, 000ike wrote:

Advanced please

We got a badass over here.

It is the first thing you learn on piano though. I just want something that'll take a while and also be fun
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 2:04:53 PM
I don't play piano, but here are a few suggestions.

Also, liked that piece you posted thanks.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 9:00:07 AM
it's mostly a joke but I think this piece is pretty awesome. Do let me know if you managed to play it to the end :D
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 2:17:28 AM
This is pretty easy, I've rearranged it twice myself to make it hard:

Enjoy.

If you want it harder, I shall rewrite it for 4 hands.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 7:52:43 AM

thanks

I like Beethoven's piano concerto's and His name is cool to, escpecially this version/
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 9:14:20 PM
At 5/17/2013 7:52:43 AM, Sower4GS wrote:

thanks

I like Beethoven's piano concerto's and His name is cool to, escpecially this version/

what version?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 5:21:59 PM
Piano Sonata No. 20 - Finale1:54BeethovenGolden Classics - Volume 1Classical5 of 281993

Symphony no. 5 - 1st Movement1:38BeethovenGolden Classics - Volume 1Classical9 of 281993

Symphony no. 9 in D minor op. 125 "Choral" - 4th Movement

These in particular.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 5:49:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
You've played all of Chopin's Etudes? Those were pretty hard.
Liszt's pieces are also quite time-consuming.
Senpai has noticed you.
Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 8:35:21 PM
It depends on how hard you want. I don't know many classical pieces, but these are a few that I play(ed) that are really fun and complicated.
The entertainer (as written by Scott Joplin because its the more complicated version)
He's a Pirate - Jarrod Radnich
The Battle - Robert Peeters
These aren't classical, but they're tons of fun to learn and play.
CCE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2015 10:15:45 PM

thanks

Beethoven's piano sonatas are very good to play. The third movement of the "Moonlight" is one I would recommend.

You know all of Chopin? Wow!
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2015 10:01:51 PM
At 4/9/2015 10:15:45 PM, CCE wrote:

thanks

Beethoven's piano sonatas are very good to play. The third movement of the "Moonlight" is one I would recommend.

lol no, I meant that I know a few (waterfall etude, revolutionary etude, fantasie impromptu and nocturne op.9 no.2,....as well as fragments of minute waltz, black key etude, op 25 no 1, and grande valse brillante). I just need to diversify my repertoire
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 1:36:36 AM
At 4/11/2015 10:01:51 PM, 000ike wrote:

thanks

lol no, I meant that I know a few (waterfall etude, revolutionary etude, fantasie impromptu and nocturne op.9 no.2,....as well as fragments of minute waltz, black key etude, op 25 no 1, and grande valse brillante). I just need to diversify my repertoire

There's a plenty more Chopin than that... I'm sure you're capable of handling some of the more advanced Chopin repertoire since you can play the waterfall etude (mission impossible for me; I hate arpeggios).

Have you looked into any of the polonaises? The other nocturnes, waltzes? Ballades or scherzi, if you're capable? Preludes?

Of course there's a plenty more than Chopin out there: Beethoven and Mozart sonatas are a must, and there's no reason not to try out Haydn's or Schubert's if you have time. Bach works (English suites, French suites, partitas, WTC) again are a must. There's a lot more Romantic repertoire for the piano as well - look at some Brahms solos for example.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
CCE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2015 2:30:28 AM
At 4/11/2015 10:01:51 PM, 000ike wrote:

thanks

Oh...
Scriabin's quite good, too. I'd recommend his music.
And sorry to recommend more Chopin, but the nocturne in E flat is beautiful.
And have you tried Liszt? The Transcendental etudes should keep you occupied for a while.
Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 10:22:30 PM
If your still looking for advanced I just started one recently. Its "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen, arranged by Jarrod Radnich. Not exactly classical, but just listen to it. It sounds amazing and is definitely advanced.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 3:11:42 PM

thanks

Here is a nice little list for pieces that actually sound better and more complex than they are. There are some classical pieces in here as well.

http://listverse.com...
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 4:44:17 PM
There are a couple of advanced piano pieces that comes to my mind. Maple Leaf Rag and Linus and Lucy. Both of these pieces have beginning, intermediate, and advanced versions. They are fun songs and almost everyone who hears them will get a kick out of them.
I learned both of these pieces at the advanced level. They were challenging but rewarding. I played them and played them, and then I played them some more. I wanted them to sound expert like. In my life as a piano player, I have noticed that there are certain musicians who play a piece in such a genius way that it sounds almost like something from the gods themselves. I wanted my music to sound like that so I played these two pieces over and over again, trying to get just the right sound.
Striptease is also a good one.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2015 9:09:52 AM

thanks
https://en.m.wikipedia.org... https://en.m.wikipedia.org... rk_Energy.jpg

You sound extremely competent and with out being rude confident.
My self- taught efforts are quite laughable but they have helped my appreciation of piano music.
It is very difficult to be objective about piano music and I'm sure you know we cannot link greatness to complexity; however complex does equate to difficulty. Much of Vhopin is difficult but the thing about his music is almost instant appeal and lasting quality .Rachmaninoff is flamboyant but a few pieces stick in the mind such as the the prelude in C# minor and his second piano concerto. To my mind Debussy is etereal anddriffting
missmozart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 9:40:26 PM
Posted: 6 months ago

thanks

Depends on your ability, skill and musicianship but here a few suggestions:

Scarlatti Sonata k.141
Shostakovich Prelude and Fugue op.87 no.15
Ravel Jeux d'Eau
"Bonjour" -Feu

Diqiu: "Asian men are generally perceived as more feminine..."
Me: "Are you feminine?"
Diqiu: "Hey, no!"

"Do really really really good pens turn you on?" -Hayd

"bsh1's profile pic is what the snapchat filter would look like on steroids"- VOT

"let's keep it simple and traditional :D" -Biodome
missmozart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 9:41:01 PM
Posted: 6 months ago

thanks

Depends on your ability, skill and musicianship but here are a few suggestions:

Scarlatti Sonata k.141
Shostakovich Prelude and Fugue op.87 no.15
Ravel Jeux d'Eau
"Bonjour" -Feu

Diqiu: "Asian men are generally perceived as more feminine..."
Me: "Are you feminine?"
Diqiu: "Hey, no!"

"Do really really really good pens turn you on?" -Hayd

"bsh1's profile pic is what the snapchat filter would look like on steroids"- VOT

"let's keep it simple and traditional :D" -Biodome