Jump to topic:

New project finished for your viewing pleasur

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 8:22:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just got done remodeling my bathroom check out the sweet ultra rare and elusive "red quartz" counter top.

Before and after photos

http://www.debate.org...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 9:24:34 PM
Love that counter top. It think that it's look particularly fantastic under a large window facing a western waterfront view at sunset. Where did you get it?
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 4:24:29 PM
At 6/5/2013 9:24:34 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Love that counter top. It think that it's look particularly fantastic under a large window facing a western waterfront view at sunset. Where did you get it?

The material comes from Brazil. I managed to salvage this piece from a change a client made to their kitchen. I would never been able to afford it otherwise.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 8:57:26 PM
Beautiful.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 10:33:59 PM
At 6/7/2013 4:24:29 PM, sadolite wrote:

The material comes from Brazil. I managed to salvage this piece from a change a client made to their kitchen. I would never been able to afford it otherwise.

Is that travertine or quartz?
Tsar of DDO
PrivateEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 10:38:45 PM
Look at how far away the toilet roll is from the toilet. What are you? A Neanderthal?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 12:22:55 PM
It is actually strategically placed to be easy to reach, it only appears far away. Believe me, I had my 9 year old son sit on the toilet when deciding it's location. Yes it would be bad if you had those short deformed arms you see on some people, so I guess I could be guilty of not taking the short armed disabled into account in choosing it's location.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 12:23:57 PM
At 6/8/2013 10:33:59 PM, YYW wrote:

It is quartz, super hard

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 10:10:25 PM
At 6/9/2013 12:23:57 PM, sadolite wrote:

It is quartz, super hard

Damn... that's pretty expensive building materials. I'm impressed.
Tsar of DDO
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 5:51:25 AM

I think the opposite, anything else is lovely but that counter top looks like somebody is slipping and have his head smash on the stone.

It's a nice piece of stone still.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:28:57 PM
At 6/9/2013 10:10:25 PM, YYW wrote:
At 6/9/2013 12:23:57 PM, sadolite wrote:

It is quartz, super hard

Damn... that's pretty expensive building materials. I'm impressed.

The quartz was free, aint no way I could afford it. Pays to know people.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:31:03 PM
At 6/10/2013 5:51:25 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:

I think the opposite, anything else is lovely but that counter top looks like somebody is slipping and have his head smash on the stone.

"somebody is slipping and have his head smash on the stone." Ya that's why I like it, I said the same thing. It definitely has unique character, only one like it in the world.

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 5:28:56 PM

I personally, in all seriousness, love the sacrificial basin look. It gives the room a bit of an edge.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 6:40:05 PM
At 6/10/2013 5:28:56 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I personally, in all seriousness, love the sacrificial basin look. It gives the room a bit of an edge.

That's made of concrete with river rock. Got that on Ebay for $80 the friken drain cost more than the sink.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 6:44:15 PM
At 6/10/2013 2:37:19 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
For all of our other differences, I have to say, you do great work.

Thanks

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 6:45:19 PM
At 6/8/2013 8:57:26 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Beautiful.

Thanks