Jump to topic:

How do I appreciate these bands' music?

wn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 4:24:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Such as those from Suicide Silence, BMTH, Slipknot and screamo and emo before it had a pop-like influence. Please don't mention anything about the business sides of these songs; I'm not interested in that. What worries me is that even though, according to another source, they have deep lyrics, and their skill in the instruments is amazing, I simply just can't appreciate their music, and I feel bad about it.

There was a Facebook post on someone having a go at 1D for insulting Mitch Lucker's band's music "RIP Mitch Lucker blah blah blah if only his band made better music" (a paraphrase of what they said, according to music sites and from their Twitter feed), and this person pointed out the arrogant nature of 1D's fans (a personality trait I'd avoid like the plague).

I'm just wondering how I can do this, or find any other ways to get around this problem.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2014 8:15:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/13/2013 4:24:18 PM, wn wrote:
Such as those from Suicide Silence, BMTH, Slipknot and screamo and emo before it had a pop-like influence. Please don't mention anything about the business sides of these songs; I'm not interested in that. What worries me is that even though, according to another source, they have deep lyrics, and their skill in the instruments is amazing, I simply just can't appreciate their music, and I feel bad about it.

There was a Facebook post on someone having a go at 1D for insulting Mitch Lucker's band's music "RIP Mitch Lucker blah blah blah if only his band made better music" (a paraphrase of what they said, according to music sites and from their Twitter feed), and this person pointed out the arrogant nature of 1D's fans (a personality trait I'd avoid like the plague).

I'm just wondering how I can do this, or find any other ways to get around this problem.

lol it was hard for me to get into Suicide Silence at 1st and metal in general, but find something to like about the music and go from there. Listen to the same song at least once a day and see how it changes. If you like it or not sure, play another song by them.