Jump to topic:

How does this Christian epic sound?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2014 4:56:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So i did some hard meditation into writing an epic years back, but gave up on the project, now i want to start it again. i came up with an allegorical/symbolical idea:

The main character is called man, a warrior prince of a heavenly king in a divine kingdom favored by all. He has pure innocence as he watches over a world full of so much paradise , but his pride fills him and dissatisfaction with himself causes him to rebel and he loses his place, falling down into a fallen world with a very horrendous corruption known as sin that is rapidly spreading, destroying everything (humans, trees, animals, planets, land, etc.) He has no choice, but to fight all sorts of terrible monsters such as greed, lust, hate, deception, etc. and some are commanders with thousands of minions. Because he has some form of power given to him by God, he is able to fight them all with his weapon in order to reclaim his fallen paradise far off miles away, but as he fights, he has to find a cure for a black substance growing from his arm and spreading over him and corrupting him.

It will be a series of really long poems. I'll try and see if it works out.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 7:11:48 PM
At 7/20/2014 4:56:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
So i did some hard meditation into writing an epic years back, but gave up on the project, now i want to start it again. i came up with an allegorical/symbolical idea:

The main character is called man, a warrior prince of a heavenly king in a divine kingdom favored by all. He has pure innocence as he watches over a world full of so much paradise , but his pride fills him and dissatisfaction with himself causes him to rebel and he loses his place, falling down into a fallen world with a very horrendous corruption known as sin that is rapidly spreading, destroying everything (humans, trees, animals, planets, land, etc.) He has no choice, but to fight all sorts of terrible monsters such as greed, lust, hate, deception, etc. and some are commanders with thousands of minions. Because he has some form of power given to him by God, he is able to fight them all with his weapon in order to reclaim his fallen paradise far off miles away, but as he fights, he has to find a cure for a black substance growing from his arm and spreading over him and corrupting him.

By all means, go for it.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2014 8:44:38 PM
At 7/27/2014 7:11:48 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

By all means, go for it.

PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2014 9:55:05 AM

Really great basis, but there is a lack of originality there. I recommend burying the christian allegory deeply within the story, and developing layers of subplots that distribute the epic plot line amongst a more varied story.

All in all though, it sounds like a really good piece of writing.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2014 12:15:40 AM
At 7/30/2014 9:55:05 AM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Really great basis, but there is a lack of originality there. I recommend burying the christian allegory deeply within the story, and developing layers of subplots that distribute the epic plot line amongst a more varied story.

All in all though, it sounds like a really good piece of writing.

great idea!
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2014 9:53:43 AM
I'm thinking of opening the story with a heavenly muse or the long process of creation from the heavenly father's perspective. I thought of creating this cosmic battle between heaven's armies and this evil "substance" trying to destroy it.

Just a couple of thoughts..