Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Poem: "Absolute"

Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2014 4:30:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Short poem i wrote:

"Oh what an ignorant man am i, one void of total knowledge of the absolute!

Does the sun rise every morning?
Does the sun always set?
Does the moon always rotate on it's axis?
Does it always give light?
Does all things eventually come to an end?
Is there such thing as death?
Does every man find his way?
Do the birds always find their food?
Does the wind always blow away the leaves?
Do the stars always give off light for all?
Who am i to deny the existence of a creator?
Who am i to question his greatness and majesty?
When the winds blow, can i stop them?
Who can tell the sun to stop shining?
Who can stop man from breathing?
Who can say that reality is an illusion?

May God spare my miserable existence from the depths of vanity!"
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 1:19:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/28/2014 4:30:16 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Short poem i wrote:

"Oh what an ignorant man am i, one void of total knowledge of the absolute!

Does the sun rise every morning?
Does the sun always set?
Does the moon always rotate on it's axis?
Does it always give light?
Does all things eventually come to an end?
Is there such thing as death?
Does every man find his way?
Do the birds always find their food?
Does the wind always blow away the leaves?
Do the stars always give off light for all?
Who am i to deny the existence of a creator?
Who am i to question his greatness and majesty?
When the winds blow, can i stop them?
Who can tell the sun to stop shining?
Who can stop man from breathing?
Who can say that reality is an illusion?

May God spare my miserable existence from the depths of vanity!"

I don't know why, but this struck me. In the good way. :)
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Burls
Posts: 61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2014 11:35:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I hope you don't mind me using this thread to post something I wrote:

So here we are in recoil
Hoping to use a mallet
To be a useful noseband
Leading to a granary
Hinted in mythology.
There's a hint in marjoram's
Leaf eating caterpillar.

How to divine the way
To the great receiver.
What will be my dory?
Will my way be mannish?
To what will I ensconce?
Matters Thessalian?

My way is considered anarchic
So when I'm a centenarian
The past will be like so much vapor
Just like previous mathematics.
Perhaps an effort to centralize
May result in making the earth roll
As in the written legality
That encompasses accepted rule
And fate the Episcopalian.
Burls
Posts: 61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2014 2:45:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I picked the number of syllables per line first and made that the number of lines, then I arbitrarily picked the last word in each line out of a dictionary and arranged the lines to make some kind of sense .

Example:

5 lines of 5 syllables each, ending in homemade, sandwich, specialty, your & find.

I like food homemade
Like a good sandwich
Someone's specialty
May not be what your
Taste prefers to find
725bobspongeemo
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 9:47:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
My friend "*" once wrote a poem. He had a lot of money (for someone with his occupation) and spent it all on hoes. He now has every STD known to mankind.
VelCrow
Posts: 1,273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 10:37:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/16/2014 9:47:15 AM, 725bobspongeemo wrote:
My friend "*" once wrote a poem. He had a lot of money (for someone with his occupation) and spent it all on hoes. He now has every STD known to mankind.

well that escalated quickly..
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 8:02:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/16/2014 9:47:15 AM, 725bobspongeemo wrote:
My friend "*" once wrote a poem. He had a lot of money (for someone with his occupation) and spent it all on hoes. He now has every STD known to mankind.

wtf
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
Pro-lifeConservative
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:34:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Besides the several grammatical errors, it nearly brought me to tears. It is so wonderful to see people who share similar opinions to me publicly sharing the existence of such a wonderful creator, savior, and friend!
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
"For no man can tame the tongue, it is a restless evil, full of deadly poison." James 3:8
"See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him." 1 John 3:1
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 12:43:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 9:34:10 AM, Pro-lifeConservative wrote:
Besides the several grammatical errors, it nearly brought me to tears. It is so wonderful to see people who share similar opinions to me publicly sharing the existence of such a wonderful creator, savior, and friend!

Nice necro, lol
But overall, this is a good poem.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Fido
Posts: 357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 9:23:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/28/2014 4:30:16 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Short poem i wrote:

"Oh what an ignorant man am i, one void of total knowledge of the absolute!

Does the sun rise every morning?
Does the sun always set?
Does the moon always rotate on it's axis?
Does it always give light?
Does all things eventually come to an end?
Is there such thing as death?
Does every man find his way?
Do the birds always find their food?
Does the wind always blow away the leaves?
Do the stars always give off light for all?
Who am i to deny the existence of a creator?
Who am i to question his greatness and majesty?
When the winds blow, can i stop them?
Who can tell the sun to stop shining?
Who can stop man from breathing?
Who can say that reality is an illusion?

May God spare my miserable existence from the depths of vanity!"

In order of appearance: Thought first, writing after. Before you trouble others; ask and answer you own questions. If you have all the answers already and only want to seem like you don't; just do something good with it and spare everyone the reading time. Thanks.