Jump to topic:

Question for Musicians Here

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 3:00:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Do any of you know where you can find chords online to practice soloing over? I've been looking preferably for blues songs (so 3-4 chord changes at best over a 12 bar blues is pretty standard) but can't seem to find any on YouTube; the only things I come across are lessons on how to PLAY chords and never really someone just playing chords (most preferably with drums too, or something keeping time, though it's not really necessary). Piano or guitar chords are preferable, however, again it doesn't really matter. I'm just picking my sax up for the first time in over 5 years and think I need to practice but I don't have anyone to play with lol. Ideally I could get a clip of someone just playing chords repeatedly for at least 36 measures at a time. If you don't know where I can find this, but you play piano/guitar and are willing to record something for me (again, just a few chords), lemme know... and thanks in advance for help either way!
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 3:59:06 PM
Nevermind... they're called jam tracks and I found some :) But if anyone knows any good ones or is willing to make one for me on request, then feel free to share.
President of DDO
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 4:08:22 PM
If you some how manage to play the Stairway to Heaven solo on sax, this backing track is great. Helps me with the guitar.

The second and third are just blues tracks.
When Reach fell, I came.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 4:29:27 PM
You can use a MIDI editor such as Finale to do that, and you could play the MIDI file on repeat.

In any case, here's something for you: http://musingsofjoe.com...

Basic pattern:
C7 C7 C7 C7
F7 F7 C7 C7
G7 F7 C7 C7

Repeated three timwa
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...