Jump to topic:

Billy Pilgrim and Slaughterhouse-Five

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 4:24:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So the main question coming out of the book is that is Billy Pilgrim really insane and when did his insanity start?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 4:27:52 PM
If I had to give an opinion on it I would say that he is suffering from shell-shock , since they didn't coin the term PTSD back then, but obvious evidence shows his abuse by the Americans and how he was an outcast. Then with Montana WIlhack we can see that it's the one thing to make him feel important as he didn't like nor love his own wife.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Fido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 3:23:44 AM
At 12/19/2014 4:24:19 PM, lannan13 wrote:
So the main question coming out of the book is that is Billy Pilgrim really insane and when did his insanity start?

My first Father in Law was a PHD Psychoanalyst. He said back then that one of his colleagues had Vonnegut as a patient. With very severe depression and schizophrenia, I think. Vonnegut was almost certainly offering a self portrait, maybe like the dream life of Balso Snell, or something.