Jump to topic:

Question for Photoshoppers

Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 1:04:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As any of you who photoshop know, finding ideal source pics can take forever. Being lazy, I usually scan through Google images, Flickr and DeviantArt.

What are your favorite sites for source images.

Note: Please don't hijack this topic with copyright issues.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 8:51:26 PM
Ooooookay.

Either no photoshoppers have yet read the OP, or they read it and chose not to reply thus far, if ever, or I'm the only photoshopper on this site.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:27:44 PM
At 12/30/2014 1:04:10 PM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:
As any of you who photoshop know, finding ideal source pics can take forever. Being lazy, I usually scan through Google images, Flickr and DeviantArt.

This is the first time I have wandered into the arts forum.
I play around with photoshop.
I look on the same places as you do for source pics if I want something particular. Other than that I use my own photos as a source.
One of my hobbies is photography.

What do you like creating in photoshop?
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:01:23 PM
At 1/10/2015 9:27:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:

I look on the same places as you do for source pics if I want something particular. Other than that I use my own photos as a source.

Your own images are always the best and safest. I always look at my own images first, before I turn elsewhere.

I like to photoshop just about anything, but keep it family friendly. I'm a contestant at Worth 1000, with about 200 images, but haven't submitted anything for over a year. I have also photoshopped a number of monster hoaxes which can be seen all over the net. You can see many of those by clicking the website in my profile, and then clicking on "Gallery."
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:21:54 PM
At 1/10/2015 10:01:23 PM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:

Your own images are always the best and safest. I always look at my own images first, before I turn elsewhere.

I like to photoshop just about anything, but keep it family friendly. I'm a contestant at Worth 1000, with about 200 images, but haven't submitted anything for over a year. I have also photoshopped a number of monster hoaxes which can be seen all over the net. You can see many of those by clicking the website in my profile, and then clicking on "Gallery."

I had a look at them. I think you did a great job. You obviously like monsters, dinosaurs and reptiles.
My images are on pixoto if you are interested. Some are straight photos and others are obviously photoshopped.
http://www.pixoto.com...
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:32:49 PM
At 1/10/2015 10:21:54 PM, Skyangel wrote:

I had a look at them. I think you did a great job. You obviously like monsters, dinosaurs and reptiles.
My images are on pixoto if you are interested. Some are straight photos and others are obviously photoshopped.

Extremely impressive. You truly have a camera lens for an eye. And the photoshop was no less that high quality. Very, very good.

I don't really like monsters. I did as a kid, but now I just cast doubt on their existence, or at least I used to, as it has been a very long time since I have done so.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:37:52 PM
At 1/10/2015 10:32:49 PM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:21:54 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Extremely impressive. You truly have a camera lens for an eye. And the photoshop was no less that high quality. Very, very good.

I don't really like monsters. I did as a kid, but now I just cast doubt on their existence, or at least I used to, as it has been a very long time since I have done so.

I think most people these days realize monsters are mythical creatures. However, gullible people will always exist in the world.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 5:49:43 PM

I use 123 Royalty Free.
http://www.123rf.com...

It has royalty free photos, and paid photos. The particulars of the license are easy to get and visible. So buying or using work from the photographer is less legally ambiguous or vague.

Of you are just looking for a fast way to find images, Google images is the best. Plus if you have a color scheme or similar shape in a photo, you can drag the photo into the Google image search field and find similar photos.

If you are looking to advance your 2d / 3d digital art Polycount has been a good community.
http://www.polycount.com...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 5:58:01 PM

I just like making pretty flags, and photoshopping Doge into everything.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 3:09:51 PM
At 1/11/2015 5:49:43 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

I use 123 Royalty Free.
http://www.123rf.com...

It has royalty free photos, and paid photos. The particulars of the license are easy to get and visible. So buying or using work from the photographer is less legally ambiguous or vague.

Of you are just looking for a fast way to find images, Google images is the best. Plus if you have a color scheme or similar shape in a photo, you can drag the photo into the Google image search field and find similar photos.

If you are looking to advance your 2d / 3d digital art Polycount has been a good community.
http://www.polycount.com...

I have used a few from 123rf. Google images is quick and easy, but getting permission to use images can be a pain. I have used them without permission many times, and only received two emails. Fortunately, the image owners were flattered with what I had done with their photographs.

I have only used one image from polycount. That got me an email also, but the creator of the image wasn't flattered, and threatened legal action, so the photoshop disappeared.
carrisue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 2:38:21 PM

I dont know the type of venue your looking for, Hope this helps
http://e-vint.com...
http://www.morguefile.com...
http://www.wetcanvas.com...
http://www.photos4artists.co.uk...