Total Posts:61|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Do you believe drawing Muhamnd is dangerous?

carrisue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 8:37:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Would you draw an anti Muhammad cartoon and post it ? Or do you think its far too dangerous now?
Fido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 12:18:07 AM
At 2/4/2015 8:37:41 PM, carrisue wrote:
Would you draw an anti Muhammad cartoon and post it ? Or do you think its far too dangerous now?

I absolutely believe insulting the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, is uncalled for, and is going to upset a lot of people. If it is done in a public fashion, it is likely to get more than yourself killed. Those people do not insult us, our god almighty, or Jesus. Haven't we got enough trouble without stirring up that hornets nest?
carrisue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 8:09:38 PM
At 2/5/2015 12:18:07 AM, Fido wrote:

I absolutely believe insulting the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, is uncalled for, and is going to upset a lot of people. If it is done in a public fashion, it is likely to get more than yourself killed. Those people do not insult us, our god almighty, or Jesus. Haven't we got enough trouble without stirring up that hornets nest?

Thank you for responding to the Question! So by your answer, you really agree that is dangerous? And do you feel Editorial illustrators may have dangerous careers in the future or now?
Fido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 11:35:49 PM
I think they should consider that a privilege is not much protection from legitimately ticked off people. The job is as dangerous as they want to make it. The truth is dangerous enough. What is the point of getting innocent people killed and using your work as an excuse to commit suicide. You want to die? Take care of your business yourself. You want to do something stupid as a way of finding out how stupid you can get away with being, you ought to be thrown into prison. Peace is a two way street. You have to give it to get it.
Fido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 12:11:42 AM
At 2/7/2015 8:09:38 PM, carrisue wrote:
At 2/5/2015 12:18:07 AM, Fido wrote:

Thank you for responding to the Question! So by your answer, you really agree that is dangerous? And do you feel Editorial illustrators may have dangerous careers in the future or now?

Yes; I feel some of these people draw danger as well as cartoons. Here is the point: Like the old joke: Never be an innocent bystander, because they always get it, meaning, get killed. The guilty party always gets away. Some one else takes a bullet for them.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 4:17:48 PM
It's completely unnecessary. By drawing the prophet, you are not supporting freedom of speech, you are simply exercising it. If you really want to support freedom of speech, you should donate to, or join groups that try and bring it to countries where it is repressed. Not to mention that you will seriously offend a lot of Muslims, and looking at past events, it is a fairly large risk.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2015 10:16:52 AM

Well I'm bad at drawling, so it would look terrible.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 11:31:25 AM

LOL---I draw in colored pencil and pastel for a hobby. I sometimes do political cartoons.

I have drawn some pretty comical ones regarding Mohammed and the absurdly-violent and intolerant religion called Islam. (whose very name hands me a laugh, since it means "one who submits.") LOL.

So I would venture to say that drawing Mohammed is only dangerous to some Muslim radical who would accost me or threaten me for drawing a cartoon of, say, Mo performing fellatio on a camel. (which I have drawn, BTW.)

Because if he could not take it as a joke and were to threaten me in any way I would probably be compelled to put his head through a wall.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 12:58:18 PM

I would not do it just for the sole reason that its dangerous. I would not draw it because it is extremely offensive to people and I am a nice person and respect their religion.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2015 12:58:40 PM

I would not do it just for the sole reason that its dangerous. I would not draw it because it is extremely offensive to people and I am a nice person and respect their religion.
l
JMcKinley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2015 1:10:52 PM
At 2/8/2015 11:35:49 PM, Fido wrote:
I think they should consider that a privilege is not much protection from legitimately ticked off people. The job is as dangerous as they want to make it. The truth is dangerous enough. What is the point of getting innocent people killed and using your work as an excuse to commit suicide. You want to die? Take care of your business yourself. You want to do something stupid as a way of finding out how stupid you can get away with being, you ought to be thrown into prison. Peace is a two way street. You have to give it to get it.

Yes exactly. Peace is a two way street. Until one side decides it wants to stop killing people over a cartoon, no peace can be had. I don't want to make peace with people like that. Those are the kinds of people its worth going to war against.
Aran55633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 11:20:53 PM
Couldn't agree more with Saint of Me.

The truth is that these young men have already been radicalized, and were probably already contemplating murder. They're trying to use the drawings as justification.
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 4:29:40 PM
I would post it online. There is a lot of fear about what goes on online, but truly, there are so many millions of posts online that it would be impossible to trace a Muhammad cartoon.
I would never draw one and sell it in public. To me that is just plain stupidity. You are putting your life on the line for sure. I mean, if you really want to attack Islam, then go join the counter-insurgency to ISIS. Seriously. You would be doing more damage to them, while the same time being paid good money. You would have other guys on your side to protect your butt, and you would have a 7.62 MM rifle to shoot the enemy with.
But if you want to draw cartoons and sell them on the street corner in protest of Islam, you are really doing nothing to harm their cause. Remember, Islam believes in blood, guts, murder, rape, and domination. Your little cartoon means nothing to them. It just gives them a reason to murder and butcher people.
Something that all men fear is fear. All men are prone to it. Those who say they aren't will scream in pain and terror when the torturers start ripping fingernails off, or when they are out hunting and a tiger bites into their necks. Even John Wayne would scream in fear and pain from a tiger attack.
Knowing this, the only way to drive ISIS and militant Islam into the desert where they will die, is with death and terror itself. A cartoon will only attract them to you and lead to your death. The goal is to drive them to their death with weapons and shear terror.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 6:09:20 PM
It's dangerous in the sense you're going to make a great deal of people mad, and there is a good chance a few of them are going to come at you with weapons. It's not dangerous in the sense that you'll go to hell if you do it.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2015 6:13:50 PM
At 7/18/2015 4:29:40 PM, j50wells wrote:
I would post it online. There is a lot of fear about what goes on online, but truly, there are so many millions of posts online that it would be impossible to trace a Muhammad cartoon.
I would never draw one and sell it in public. To me that is just plain stupidity. You are putting your life on the line for sure. I mean, if you really want to attack Islam, then go join the counter-insurgency to ISIS. Seriously. You would be doing more damage to them, while the same time being paid good money. You would have other guys on your side to protect your butt, and you would have a 7.62 MM rifle to shoot the enemy with.
But if you want to draw cartoons and sell them on the street corner in protest of Islam, you are really doing nothing to harm their cause. Remember, Islam believes in blood, guts, murder, rape, and domination. Your little cartoon means nothing to them. It just gives them a reason to murder and butcher people.
Something that all men fear is fear. All men are prone to it. Those who say they aren't will scream in pain and terror when the torturers start ripping fingernails off, or when they are out hunting and a tiger bites into their necks. Even John Wayne would scream in fear and pain from a tiger attack.
Knowing this, the only way to drive ISIS and militant Islam into the desert where they will die, is with death and terror itself. A cartoon will only attract them to you and lead to your death.

The goal is to drive them to their death with weapons of shear terror.

... how much money for a hair cut, lol. ^ ^
j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2015 4:17:55 AM
At 7/18/2015 6:13:50 PM, fazz wrote:
At 7/18/2015 4:29:40 PM, j50wells wrote:
Knowing this, the only way to drive ISIS and militant Islam into the desert where they will die, is with death and terror itself. A cartoon will only attract them to you and lead to your death.

The goal is to drive them to their death with weapons of shear terror.

... how much money for a hair cut, lol. ^ ^

How much money to get out of bed and get a job?
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 8:00:39 PM
I have no desire to "purposefully" insult anyone or their religion, but retaliating with threats of pain or death because someone "insulted" your beliefs means YOU have serious mental problems. YOU.
I'll reoterate, YOU have a problem way bigger than someone who draws petty images. Jesus in the Christian form is mocked relentlessly by comedians, tv, movies, magazines, etc. in the United States, and millions of Bible believing Christians just keep on going about their business. If God exists at all and is angry about anything that HIS creation does, I'm sure that he needs the help of no Christians or Muslims in figuring out and executing whatever he thinks neccessary. ("Vengeance is mine and mine alone says the Lord.")

So if Muslims take any revelation or truth from the books of Judaism and Christianity, which they say they do, then to retaliate against someone mocking Muhammed, would be violating Alah's(God's) command which makes them no better than the artist. (2 Wrongs do not make a right.)

I'm not religious, but I do find mocking religious figures or deities that billions of people hold to a high reguard on a personal, "spiritual" level such as Southpark does mildly disturbing. I know nothing good or productive can come from it.

Having said that, if you are religious, don't watch Southpark. Don't seek out images that insult your beliefs. Coexist. It's okay. I live in a place that has hundreds of places people worship and study and practice their religions of many faiths, and violence is rare here. We all exist together like grown adults and have a safe, productive society.

Seeing that no one can prove 100% of any belief or lack thereof, tolerance, self control, maturity, education, and a sense of humor must be the core of civilization.
If we all died today, and God stood there and told us that Islam was dead wrong, think of how you would feel looking back. If Islam is wrong, the September 11th World Trade Center attacks turn out to be a real life bloodbath horror show of death and destruction that served no point. What a waste. We can't take it back. The pain, the loss, the trauma, can not be undone. Think of those who have been beheaded. Think of the suicide bombers. Think of all the plots and plans concieved. Think of every time a religious leader spewed hatred for other countries, faiths, or groups. His massive rants and all the applause would have simply been a giant waste of our limited time and lives. Life is too short and there are too many unknowns to use it focusing on hate, revenge, being overly offended, and thinking you are right and everyone else is wrong.

FREEDOM:
Freedom is the heart of Earth that must be protected by ALL people. Those in power look to take our freedoms any way they can around every turn. If Islam or any religion wants a useful focus. Focus on the leadership. Don't focus on buildings or crowds of people. If a countries leader is obviously a disease to freedom, ex. Adolf Hitler, Stalin, that neantherthal in Korea, etc. There's your target. People like that should be looking over their shoulder every day. Crowds should have no fear of bomb threats or acts of terrorism. Leaders and groups who are threats to people's freedom should live in fear every day. A picture of Muhammed is not a threat to freedom. A joke about Jesus is not a threat to freedom. Acts of ignorance? Yes. Threats to freedom? No. The semi-human-looking animal in Korea running the show: How is he still standing? No drawing of anything will EVER anger me more than someone who stomps on freedom with a smile. If the U.S. government stomps on its people's Constitution, then 50,000,000 Americans should find their way to D.C., collect in mass armed, and take care of business. That's what the Constitution even tells them to do. "Threats domestic or abroad" to the Constitution and freedom are acts of war, and those making those acts arevto be treated as enemies who have waged war.

Point: Drawings mean nothing. Defending the basic freedom of humanity, now that's something to get violant and ticked off about.
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 12:55:28 PM

No I would not deliberately insult what someone else may regard as sacred. I have no sacred beliefs or icons and I regard such beliefs as supersitious, but then many people are supersitious about alsorts of things. Friday the 13th , walking under ladders, wearing charms , reading horoscopes ect ect. Humour is a very tricky subject it must be politicallt correct these days no joke can be voiced that could be taken to insult women or coloured people. The media are ham-strung with the potential threat of legal action. If carried to extreme then we will all be silenced so lets argue our cases with respect to
our opponents
Huntress
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 12:31:48 AM
What do you hope to gain by doing it? That would be my question. It seems like trolling or a "u mad bro?" directed against Muslims.
Oreo222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2015 2:27:13 AM

I would never do that, but if someone wants to do it they should be allowed to.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2015 8:46:45 PM
I believe if I draw him and display the drawing in public, and people know I did it, some crazy muslim will probably come after me with a gun.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2015 6:36:24 PM
Would you draw an anti Muhammad cartoon and post it ? Or do you think its far too dangerous no

It is if you're in a restaurant that's about to be visited by someone who is the walking equivalent to kamikaze pilots.
Sarai.K82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 12:02:06 PM

No. I would consider it disrespectful. This doesn't mean I support the physical violence directed at people who have done so. I abhor it.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 8:51:33 PM
Only indoctrinated brain dead dickholes kill people for drawing pictures of religious symbols they find offensive. OOO your offended, so what. As if you care if anyone is offended by anything you would do that people find offensive.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Roger_Fickle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2016 7:01:55 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I only draw insulting cartoons of Jesus. Though Muslims consider Jesus a prophet, I've never seen Muslims target artists like Andres Serrano, who was the photographer of "Piss Christ", or Cosimo Cavallaro who sculpted a life-size, milk-chocolate nude body of Jesus titled "My Sweet Lord". Christian extremists often make death threats, but they almost never have the backbone to follow through. Worst case is they make a lot of noise and might potentially vandalize an "offensive" work.

So generally I direct all sorts of criticism towards Christians and Christian institutions. I do not engage in Islamophobic rhetoric because it is a well established fact that Muslims, peace be upon them, while most are not violent, enough of them to be dangerous can be stirred to violence by any act of blasphemy, from central Africa, the Middle East, South Asia and all the way to the Pacific in the Philippines and Indonesia. Now that Muslims are in Western Europe and the Americas we are seeing angry Muslims showing up spontaneously in Canada, USA, France and elsewhere, which means that there are no safe places to draw Moohammad cartoons.