Jump to topic:

Your Original Music

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 12:02:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I wanted to show you this. My avant garde piano composition. Share with us any music you've created.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
cludwig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 8:26:25 PM
To FREEDO: I can sometimes be very critical of avant-garde compositions, however, I thought your composition for piano was very beautiful. Some of the colours you were able to produce are very luscious.

To add content to this thread, I will share video performance of an Art Song I composed.

https://www.youtube.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 3:37:20 PM
At 3/1/2015 8:26:25 PM, cludwig wrote:
To FREEDO: I can sometimes be very critical of avant-garde compositions, however, I thought your composition for piano was very beautiful. Some of the colours you were able to produce are very luscious.

To add content to this thread, I will share video performance of an Art Song I composed.

Thank you for sharing! I love your emotion. You seem like an actor.

By the way, you can make sure videos embed properly by removing the "s" in the http.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 4:55:39 PM
At 3/1/2015 12:02:11 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I wanted to show you this. My avant garde piano composition. Share with us any music you've created.

I don't really know much about the avant garde genre, but this sounded great for a contemporary piece, especially for an improvisation. I would recommend a wider range of colors in your piece, though, as most of them are dark (try adding lighter ones, such as a recitativo passage) and ominous.

I haven't composed a complete piece as of yet, but I'm hoping to in the near future.

If you're interested in performing more for DDO, could you give this a look (#shamelessselfpromotion)?

http://www.debate.org...
cludwig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 5:50:50 PM
Just to clarify, I am not one of the musicians in the video. I have been fortunate as a composer to have a patron in this wonderful singer and man. He has been a passionate proponent of my music and a good friend; financially funding many of my recording projects and personally performing multiple concerts and tours of my compositions. I am also very fortunate to have several exceptional piano players champion my works over the years such as the one in this video, and accommodate my artistic growth and artistic explorations. I wish all composers could be so lucky!
goruthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 11:52:10 AM
At 3/1/2015 12:02:11 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Wow
Really not what I was expecting.
Nice