Jump to topic:

Your Original Music

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 12:02:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wanted to show you this. My avant garde piano composition. Share with us any music you've created.
I AM THE CHOSEN ONE
I AM THE GRAND POOBAH OF DDO
I AM THE BOOGIE MAN
I AM THE REAL LIFE SANTA CLAUSE
I AM THE PARADOXICAL ZEBRA PRANCING THROUGH THE GRASSY PLANES YOUR COGNITIVE EXPERIENCE
I AM THE REINCARNATION OF THE DEAD DREAMS OF HUMANITY
I AM THE DISH WHO RAN AWAY WITH THE SPOON
I am your friend.
cludwig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 8:26:25 PM
To FREEDO: I can sometimes be very critical of avant-garde compositions, however, I thought your composition for piano was very beautiful. Some of the colours you were able to produce are very luscious.

To add content to this thread, I will share video performance of an Art Song I composed.

https://www.youtube.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 3:37:20 PM
At 3/1/2015 8:26:25 PM, cludwig wrote:
To FREEDO: I can sometimes be very critical of avant-garde compositions, however, I thought your composition for piano was very beautiful. Some of the colours you were able to produce are very luscious.

To add content to this thread, I will share video performance of an Art Song I composed.

Thank you for sharing! I love your emotion. You seem like an actor.

By the way, you can make sure videos embed properly by removing the "s" in the http.
I AM THE CHOSEN ONE
I AM THE GRAND POOBAH OF DDO
I AM THE BOOGIE MAN
I AM THE REAL LIFE SANTA CLAUSE
I AM THE PARADOXICAL ZEBRA PRANCING THROUGH THE GRASSY PLANES YOUR COGNITIVE EXPERIENCE
I AM THE REINCARNATION OF THE DEAD DREAMS OF HUMANITY
I AM THE DISH WHO RAN AWAY WITH THE SPOON
I am your friend.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 4:55:39 PM
At 3/1/2015 12:02:11 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I wanted to show you this. My avant garde piano composition. Share with us any music you've created.

I don't really know much about the avant garde genre, but this sounded great for a contemporary piece, especially for an improvisation. I would recommend a wider range of colors in your piece, though, as most of them are dark (try adding lighter ones, such as a recitativo passage) and ominous.

I haven't composed a complete piece as of yet, but I'm hoping to in the near future.

If you're interested in performing more for DDO, could you give this a look (#shamelessselfpromotion)?

http://www.debate.org...
cludwig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 5:50:50 PM
Just to clarify, I am not one of the musicians in the video. I have been fortunate as a composer to have a patron in this wonderful singer and man. He has been a passionate proponent of my music and a good friend; financially funding many of my recording projects and personally performing multiple concerts and tours of my compositions. I am also very fortunate to have several exceptional piano players champion my works over the years such as the one in this video, and accommodate my artistic growth and artistic explorations. I wish all composers could be so lucky!
goruthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 11:52:10 AM
At 3/1/2015 12:02:11 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Wow
Really not what I was expecting.
Nice