Jump to topic:

Digital Art

JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 5:42:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am a digital artist, my work is abstract in design. Whilst it is nice to sell a picture it is much nicer to create one, for free, just to make someone happy. As my artwork is digital I can send it by e-mail to those who request it anywhere in the world. My pictures have been sent to quite a number of countries including the US and Australia.

In order to create a picture for someone all I need are the colours which are significant to them, and I do the business when the vibes are right. A few weeks ago a man came to our home to measure up for a new door we required. He noticed one of my pictures on the wall and said how much he liked it. I offered to create one especially for him at no charge. When he collected it and wanted to pay me for it, of course I refused to take payment. However as he was insistent, I suggested he donated to a charity instead, which he did.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 12:29:05 PM
At 6/20/2015 5:42:34 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I am a digital artist, my work is abstract in design. Whilst it is nice to sell a picture it is much nicer to create one, for free, just to make someone happy. As my artwork is digital I can send it by e-mail to those who request it anywhere in the world. My pictures have been sent to quite a number of countries including the US and Australia.

In order to create a picture for someone all I need are the colours which are significant to them, and I do the business when the vibes are right. A few weeks ago a man came to our home to measure up for a new door we required. He noticed one of my pictures on the wall and said how much he liked it. I offered to create one especially for him at no charge. When he collected it and wanted to pay me for it, of course I refused to take payment. However as he was insistent, I suggested he donated to a charity instead, which he did.

I'm curious do you sign your works? Many new medium artist tend to remain semi-anonomous. Like Banksy, WilliamBanzai7, the Rat etc
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 8:14:31 AM
At 6/20/2015 12:29:05 PM, ironslippers wrote:

I'm curious do you sign your works? Many new medium artist tend to remain semi-anonomous. Like Banksy, WilliamBanzai7, the Rat etc

Banksy has reason to be anonymous as he vandalises buildings with his art, I don't!
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 1:11:14 PM
At 6/21/2015 8:14:31 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Banksy has reason to be anonymous as he vandalises buildings with his art, I don't!

There's a subjective line between vandalism and beautification
Banksy is one of the worlds most popular living artists, many people find find his work humourous, relavent and thought provoking and his medium of painting on buildings is of great comfort to society's disenfranchised
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 6:11:06 AM
At 6/21/2015 1:11:14 PM, ironslippers wrote:
At 6/21/2015 8:14:31 AM, JJ50 wrote:

There's a subjective line between vandalism and beautification
Banksy is one of the worlds most popular living artists, many people find find his work humourous, relavent and thought provoking and his medium of painting on buildings is of great comfort to society's disenfranchised

He is a glorified graffiti artist, I would seek to have him prosecuted it he vandalised my home!