Jump to topic:

Can Animals feel Art?

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2015 12:41:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When we see a painting, we find it beautiful and awe-inspiring, can, or do animals feel this same way? Does art recognition take intelligence, conciousness or recognition? I think the answer lies with whether or not animals can feel the same way. If not, is the difference between us or them intelligence? Or is it recognition of the objects in the painting? Or is it a matter of philisophical conciousness? Just trying to start a good conversation going here in the dead art forum.
kp98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2015 1:43:09 PM
Hmm... to judge from what is popular in music these days I'm not sure all that many humans 'feel art'. So no, I don't think animals feel art.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 10:00:13 PM
At 7/15/2015 1:43:09 PM, kp98 wrote:
Hmm... to judge from what is popular in music these days I'm not sure all that many humans 'feel art'. So no, I don't think animals feel art.

Ha ha! good one! no I dont think any animals are able to appreciate art or even know what it is. I think dogs and cats are colorblind too, right? as far as music I dont know but its probably just like backround noise to them. I never seen a dog respond to it and we have a dog, a lab running around our Box all day and have music on most of the time too, usually rock or I put on Christian rock sometimes. country on sunday mornings and old school motown on sat. mornings. but I never seen Suzy the lab anowledge either one.
God Bless.
but I can add a freaky fact I heard on Alice Cooper's radio show--that male spiders can plcuk thier webs to make music that attracts females! cool!
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!