Jump to topic:

Faviorte Paintings.

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2015 3:18:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This Art forum is dead, I can admit. So, lets revive it a tad bit.

What are some of your famous favorite paintings?

Mine would have to be;

Girl With A Pearl Earring " Johannes Vermeer.

And Guernica " Pablo Picasso. This painting was inspired by the bombing of Guernica in Spain during the Spanish Civil War.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
IsabellaS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 2:53:01 AM
At 7/23/2015 3:18:43 PM, Lee001 wrote:

Mine would have to be;

And Guernica " Pablo Picasso. This painting was inspired by the bombing of Guernica in Spain during the Spanish Civil War.

I like Guernica as well! My absolute favorite is Seurat's "A Sunday on la Grande Jatte." And I love Van Gogh's style, his "Starry Night" in particular.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 2:55:57 AM
At 7/24/2015 2:53:01 AM, IsabellaS wrote:

Mine would have to be;

I like Guernica as well! My absolute favorite is Seurat's "A Sunday on la Grande Jatte." And I love Van Gogh's style, his "Starry Night" in particular.

I agree. "A Starry Night" is also extravagent. It's a different style than many other painters.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2015 3:38:17 AM
Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog is my stereotypical answer.

I don't like most of what Picasso did, but Guernica is one of his better paintings.

I admire Bryan Larsen (http://cordair.com...), and his Terra Incognita is one of my favourites (http://cordair.com...). It's absolutely wonderful in every way.

The best painting I've seen in person is probably The Discover of America by Christopher Columbus (https://en.wikipedia.org...) - I like it a great deal more than Dali's other works, mainly because it actually makes some degree of sense.

Romanticism is my favourite movement in general.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 2:14:40 AM
I quite like the paintings my 5 year old cousin does.

'Garden at Giverny' by Monet is also very good.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 6:26:25 PM
At 8/6/2015 2:14:40 AM, Emilrose wrote:

That is gorgeous!
I really love oil paintings as well because they look so realistic.
(http://webneel.com...)

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2015 7:11:25 PM
At 8/6/2015 6:26:25 PM, Lee001 wrote:

That is gorgeous!

Ikr, Monet is my favorite painter.

Agreed, the painting there by Andrei Belichenko is just stunning!
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 2:22:20 AM

Mine would have to be;

I dont know that much about art but I always really liked William Blake. heres a page with some of his work. GodBless........https://www.google.com...
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 7:03:27 AM

Mine would have to be;

Edward Hopper Waiting for the subway
https://jonjost.files.wordpress.com...
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 5:09:11 PM
At 8/7/2015 2:22:20 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Mine would have to be;

I dont know that much about art but I always really liked William Blake. heres a page with some of his work. GodBless........https://www.google.com...

Wow, I've never seen his paintings. they sure are interesting, but in a good way! unique.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 5:10:30 PM
At 8/6/2015 7:11:25 PM, Emilrose wrote:

That is gorgeous!

Yeah, that one is very gorgeous! I love all the pink ^_^

I really like Alyssa Monks paintings as well. They look so realistic, its crazy.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 5:16:05 PM
At 8/7/2015 5:10:30 PM, Lee001 wrote:

That is gorgeous!

Same here! It's so girlie and pretty

I really like Alyssa Monks paintings as well. They look so realistic, its crazy.

I just searched her...they are almost like actual photographs, amazing.

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 9:28:01 PM
At 8/7/2015 5:09:11 PM, Lee001 wrote:

Mine would have to be;

Wow, I've never seen his paintings. they sure are interesting, but in a good way! unique.

yeah Blake IS unique all right! lol, even too much for some people. I have no doubt He had many visions from God and was probably a tortured soul as well, like many of that type. since my Salvation experience was sort of like some of his works he has always struck a chord with me, his works. he has some good writings too on his visions and on God. God Bless.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 12:16:37 AM
At 8/7/2015 9:28:01 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Mine would have to be;

yeah Blake IS unique all right! lol, even too much for some people. I have no doubt He had many visions from God and was probably a tortured soul as well, like many of that type. since my Salvation experience was sort of like some of his works he has always struck a chord with me, his works. he has some good writings too on his visions and on God. God Bless.

You should check out the oil painting link I posted above :)

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 12:30:18 AM

Mine would have to be;

Oh no, you failed to ride your motorbike off that cliff that I told you to ;( You absolute cretin.

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 1:15:41 AM
At 8/8/2015 12:30:18 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Mine would have to be;

Oh no, you failed to ride your motorbike off that cliff that I told you to ;( You absolute cretin.

sorry to disappoint you but like I said I dont have a motorbike. but Im going surfing this weekend in Santa Cruz so maybe ill get attacked by a shark!
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 1:20:44 AM
At 8/8/2015 1:15:41 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

Mine would have to be;

sorry to disappoint you but like I said I dont have a motorbike. but Im going surfing this weekend in Santa Cruz so maybe ill get attacked by a shark!

Yeah right. And you surf as well? Amazing. Good luck to the sharks!

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 1:27:42 AM
At 8/8/2015 1:20:44 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Mine would have to be;

as well as what?
vrj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2015 9:27:01 AM

Mine would have to be;

my favorite painting is that have meaning in life so that i will realize that is meaningfull paint
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2015 6:35:27 AM
At 8/8/2015 1:27:42 AM, August_Burns_Red wrote:
At 8/8/2015 1:20:44 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Mine would have to be;

as well as what?

Being a pr1ck.

August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2015 9:27:49 PM
At 8/7/2015 5:10:30 PM, Lee001 wrote:

That is gorgeous!

thanks Lee. all i can say is "wow" on those paintings. some of them are as clear as color photographs. it amazes me what beauty some talented people can create. it has to be a Gift from God. like I said before I know little of art history but think that being a artist is one of the more noble pursiots anybody can do for their lives. God Bless.
vrj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 1:42:00 PM

Mine would have to be;

war is miserable in life
vrj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2015 1:42:50 PM
At 7/24/2015 3:38:17 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog is my stereotypical answer.

I don't like most of what Picasso did, but Guernica is one of his better paintings.

I admire Bryan Larsen (http://cordair.com...), and his Terra Incognita is one of my favourites (http://cordair.com...). It's absolutely wonderful in every way.

The best painting I've seen in person is probably The Discover of America by Christopher Columbus (https://en.wikipedia.org...) - I like it a great deal more than Dali's other works, mainly because it actually makes some degree of sense.

Romanticism is my favourite movement in general.

half of the eorld is broken