Jump to topic:

Places to visit in Philly

ConnorSween16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 12:48:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I live on the outskirts of Philadelphia. I am trying to plan a trip to visit the area a little more than usual. I am specifically looking for good street art, murals, public arts, and maybe some museums. Anything helps.
ConnorSween16
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 5:23:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/5/2015 12:48:29 PM, ConnorSween16 wrote:
I live on the outskirts of Philadelphia. I am trying to plan a trip to visit the area a little more than usual. I am specifically looking for good street art, murals, public arts, and maybe some museums. Anything helps.

I live near Philly as well. Take the train in, go see the Rodin Museum , THE Museum, the Barnes Collection (if your pockets are deep enough), the Franklin Institute (I think that they have an exhibit on Vatican artifacts at the moment; they always have great things like that). The Penn Museum is cool; it's by 30th Street Station on the other side of the river.

As for street art, just walk around, it's everywhere, but South Street is especially famous for it. The Old Town is also neat to visit, and if you like to eat out I enjoy the Continental Mid-Town and the Dandelion, both on 18th street just north of Rittenhouse Square, Zento in the Old City, and the Moshulu, on an old sailing ship by Penn's Landing.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -