Jump to topic:

Any music composers?

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:18:07 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Are there any members on DDO that compose their own music?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:23:48 PM
At 1/18/2016 3:18:07 PM, Vaarka wrote:

( 'o')/
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:27:16 PM
At 1/18/2016 3:23:48 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

( 'o')/

Yay :D
Can you perhaps share some of it (assuming you can/want to)?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:28:55 PM
At 1/18/2016 3:27:16 PM, Vaarka wrote:

( 'o')/

I assume you compose as well?
I will share some with you but I cannot right now (on mobile) I will when I get home tho :)
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:31:18 PM
At 1/18/2016 3:28:55 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

( 'o')/

I will share some with you but I cannot right now (on mobile) I will when I get home tho :)

I haven't really made anything concrete yet, and my software isn't A+ material, but I'm learning more with every scratched out piece I make :D (by scratched out I really mean "I thought this melody would work, but it's not).

Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:33:21 PM
At 1/18/2016 3:31:18 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/18/2016 3:28:55 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

( 'o')/

I haven't really made anything concrete yet, and my software isn't A+ material, but I'm learning more with every scratched out piece I make :D (by scratched out I really mean "I thought this melody would work, but it's not).

I actually haven't used software to compose anything, would you give me an example of one? And I understand that problem xD it happens all the time
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:39:09 PM
At 1/18/2016 3:33:21 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

I actually haven't used software to compose anything, would you give me an example of one? And I understand that problem xD it happens all the time

Depending on the style of music you're composing, you may or may not use software. I am attempting to compose drum and bass, so I've been using software. I've tried Garageband, which is okay, and I've tried to use FL Studio (though it wouldn't work. I'm getting a new computer soon and hopefully I can try it there).

Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:41:01 PM
At 1/18/2016 3:39:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Depending on the style of music you're composing, you may or may not use software. I am attempting to compose drum and bass, so I've been using software. I've tried Garageband, which is okay, and I've tried to use FL Studio (though it wouldn't work. I'm getting a new computer soon and hopefully I can try it there).

I compose anything I feel like really. Classical, Metal, R&B, Trap etc. I don't have any preference really, just depends on my mood.
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:45:36 PM
At 1/18/2016 3:41:01 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

I compose anything I feel like really. Classical, Metal, R&B, Trap etc. I don't have any preference really, just depends on my mood.

Sounds fun :3

Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:47:00 PM
At 1/18/2016 3:45:36 PM, Vaarka wrote:

It can be and yet at the same time it can also be, how do I put this, frustrating
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:47:11 PM
Also, just because, I wanted to share this: https://lucaskingpianosite.wordpress.com...

It's a page some guy made for new composers. I found him a few weeks ago, and I found it kinda helpful.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:47:57 PM
At 1/18/2016 3:47:00 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

It can be and yet at the same time it can also be, how do I put this, frustrating

Despite me never actually composing a finished work, I know exactly what you mean XD

Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 3:51:09 PM
At 1/18/2016 3:47:57 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Despite me never actually composing a finished work, I know exactly what you mean XD

xD good to know
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 4:29:10 PM

Here's one of my ideas that I'm working on https://goo.gl... I just made an account for this site. Despite the fact it limits what you do with a free account it's pretty good.
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 10:28:45 PM
At 1/18/2016 4:29:10 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

Here's one of my ideas that I'm working on https://goo.gl... I just made an account for this site. Despite the fact it limits what you do with a free account it's pretty good.

Grr....it's blocked on my laptop XP

SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 2:26:56 AM
*raises hand*
MuseScore is by far the most useful free software out there for composition, and it's what I use.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 3:34:15 AM

lol I dabble a little bit, ... I actually have a notation software midi (and score) for a string quartet I wrote as a final project for a class last year, as well as a recording from the professional quartet that performed it
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 3:38:17 AM
At 1/19/2016 2:26:56 AM, SolonKR wrote:
*raises hand*
MuseScore is by far the most useful free software out there for composition, and it's what I use.

Have you tried finale notepad? It comes very very close to replicating each instrument's timbre (which is something most notation softwares struggle with.... pitifully)
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault