Jump to topic:

Post your art

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 12:32:42 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
So after I asked several members (actually only one member who said "I don't think so") about whether or not a thread like this existed, I decided to make one.

VOILA!

A forum topic where people can post whatever the hell kind of artwork they may have ever made/composed/drawn/whatever. Just add the picture to your little photo thing and share it here :D

I have no idea how this topic will go. It may become popular, or it may get no attention at all. But whatever, it's here now. Go wild.

And Annie, none of your creepy creepy pastas or whatever it is you make please...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 3:39:19 AM
This is a painting I did of a friend of mine who passed away recently. This was actually the first time I ever tried painting realism, so it's a little rough...

I miss him a lot...

http://www.debate.org...
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 3:48:03 AM
At 1/19/2016 2:50:21 AM, Peepette wrote:
I'll give it a go. A painting I did several years ago. Acrylic on canvas.

I thought it was real grass for a second. I'm not even kidding. Good job.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 3:49:47 AM
At 1/19/2016 3:39:19 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
This is a painting I did of a friend of mine who passed away recently. This was actually the first time I ever tried painting realism, so it's a little rough...

I miss him a lot...

I like this painting. Well done.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 3:50:50 AM
At 1/19/2016 3:48:03 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/19/2016 2:50:21 AM, Peepette wrote:
I'll give it a go. A painting I did several years ago. Acrylic on canvas.

I thought it was real grass for a second. I'm not even kidding. Good job.

Thanks you.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 3:53:43 AM
At 1/19/2016 3:39:19 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

I miss him a lot...

This was a really well done painting, and I'm very sorry for your loss.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 4:25:48 AM

Here are some of my digital works, done with a java applet and tablet, and also reference images.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 4:38:33 AM
At 1/19/2016 4:25:48 AM, 000ike wrote:

Here are some of my digital works, done with a java applet and tablet, and also reference images.

Can only say Wow!
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 4:42:29 AM
At 1/19/2016 4:38:33 AM, Peepette wrote:

Can only say Wow!

Thanks! And definitely same to you as well, especially seeing as you did it with a physical medium, and with such incredible detail. I can draw well but by the time I touch the paint, I ruin the entire thing :P --- which is why I largely stuck to digital art.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 6:22:28 PM

That's actually very impressive
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 6:54:18 PM
I'm not too good with visual arts. I'll stick to writing.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 7:17:49 PM
At 1/19/2016 6:54:18 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Want me to make a forum for that too? XD

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 7:21:40 PM
At 1/19/2016 7:17:49 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I should actually advise against posting any art - paintings, or whatever - and writing - to the site directly. Technically you've waived the rights to your works to Juggle, as far as I know.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 7:23:11 PM

"All material you post on Debate.org, including debate arguments, comments, forums, profiles, pictures, and messages becomes the property of Debate.org, and you waive all claims of ownership for said property."

-ToS

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 7:32:18 PM
At 1/19/2016 7:23:11 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

"All material you post on Debate.org, including debate arguments, comments, forums, profiles, pictures, and messages becomes the property of Debate.org, and you waive all claims of ownership for said property."

-ToS

I'll ask bsh1 about it.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 7:36:39 PM
At 1/19/2016 7:32:18 PM, Vaarka wrote:

-ToS

I'll ask bsh1 about it.

Well, I know this is what he'd tell you. It's why the writer's group doesn't post their pieces directly to the PMs (aside from length issues).

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 7:42:44 PM
At 1/19/2016 7:36:39 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

-ToS

I'll ask bsh1 about it.

Well, I know this is what he'd tell you. It's why the writer's group doesn't post their pieces directly to the PMs (aside from length issues).

I was referring to the waived part in relation to this thread.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2016 7:46:43 PM
At 1/19/2016 7:42:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/19/2016 7:36:39 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

-ToS

I'll ask bsh1 about it.

I was referring to the waived part in relation to this thread.

Still applies.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 12:50:38 AM
At 1/19/2016 12:32:42 AM, Vaarka wrote:
And Annie, none of your creepy creepy pastas or whatever it is you make please...
One time... one time.... lol jk
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 1:47:42 AM
At 1/20/2016 12:50:38 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/19/2016 12:32:42 AM, Vaarka wrote:
One time... one time.... lol jk

lol

Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 3:09:47 AM
At 1/19/2016 4:42:29 AM, 000ike wrote:

Can only say Wow!

Thanks! And definitely same to you as well, especially seeing as you did it with a physical medium, and with such incredible detail. I can draw well but by the time I touch the paint, I ruin the entire thing :P --- which is why I largely stuck to digital art.

The artistry and imagination does not make it any lesser of an art. I do not have digital imagination like you do.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 3:24:28 AM
At 1/20/2016 3:09:47 AM, Peepette wrote:

Can only say Wow!

The artistry and imagination does not make it any lesser of an art. I do not have digital imagination like you do.

lol oh no I don't imagine those, I use reference images (typically photos, and sometimes illustrations like the unmoved mover) and try to replicate them. I don't have the training to turn an imagined concept into something realistic --- for example, this is the reference I used for the wine glasses reproduction http://behance.vo.llnwd.net...

Are you telling me you completely imagined your painting of that crop field?? if so that's just incredible
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 3:36:12 AM
At 1/20/2016 3:24:28 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 1/20/2016 3:09:47 AM, Peepette wrote:

Can only say Wow!

lol oh no I don't imagine those, I use reference images (typically photos, and sometimes illustrations like the unmoved mover) and try to replicate them. I don't have the training to turn an imagined concept into something realistic --- for example, this is the reference I used for the wine glasses reproduction http://behance.vo.llnwd.net...

Are you telling me you completely imagined your painting of that crop field?? if so that's just incredible

I don't have the computer technical ability to do what you do; even with base images; just not that computer savvy. The painting I did is swamp grass. It is something I saw everyday while driving to work. It was on both sides of the road while driving over a small bridge in a rural area. I really liked how the colors of the grass changed over the seasons. I still would like to do a seasonal motif of the same subject.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2016 4:12:19 AM

I love the turtle. :)
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:52:55 PM
At 1/29/2016 6:47:08 PM, diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid wrote:
Oops. Grabbed the wrong one.

This is the final.... Better color, ripples on the lake.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com...

Nice!

Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:07:54 PM
At 1/29/2016 6:44:30 PM, diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid wrote:
Here's is a 3-D rendering of a Finnish Sauna on a summer evening.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com...

Using Blender, post-processing in Pixelmator and GIMP.

You set a mood and ambiance that makes me want to be there.