Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Let's Talk Art! (Kazuto's Weekly Art Talk)

Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 3:45:56 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Hello Everyone!

I am making this to help "spice things up" in the art forums.
Basically I am going to Give a painting and my interpretation of it. Feel free to discuss how you feel about my interpretation and give your own.

The Art this week is this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

Okay so this picture is really interesting. The woman clearly has all of the power in this situation. Regardless of how they got into it she still holds the power to change it. She has the key to let the man free but she is scared. She's scared that he'll do anything to get free and once he does he'll leave her. BUT all he wants to do is save her. He may stretch as much as possible but he will never be able to save her. Without the key the both will die. The woman will drown and the man will die of starvation.

It's by far one of my personal favorites. What do you guys think?
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 3:55:56 PM
At 2/8/2016 3:45:56 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Basically I am going to Give a painting and my interpretation of it. Feel free to discuss how you feel about my interpretation and give your own.

Okay so this picture is really interesting. The woman clearly has all of the power in this situation. Regardless of how they got into it she still holds the power to change it. She has the key to let the man free but she is scared. She's scared that he'll do anything to get free and once he does he'll leave her. BUT all he wants to do is save her. He may stretch as much as possible but he will never be able to save her. Without the key the both will die. The woman will drown and the man will die of starvation.

That's rather graphic in thought. I like it. The idea that you presented pretty much sums up my thoughts on it.

I also like the land on the sides. It's like an optical illusion. You can see her going down in the water, and you can also see bank on the side. It looks like a bank on the side of the river, but it also looks like a rocky cliff and the man is on the edge of said cliff.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 3:57:19 PM
At 2/8/2016 3:55:56 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Hello Everyone!

That's rather graphic in thought. I like it. The idea that you presented pretty much sums up my thoughts on it.
It is yes.
I also like the land on the sides. It's like an optical illusion. You can see her going down in the water, and you can also see bank on the side. It looks like a bank on the side of the river, but it also looks like a rocky cliff and the man is on the edge of said cliff.
I noticed that too, it just adds to the drama in my opinion. Almost as if she's falling off of a cliff as well as drowning.
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:05:54 PM
At 2/8/2016 3:57:19 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
Hello Everyone!

It is yes.
I noticed that too, it just adds to the drama in my opinion. Almost as if she's falling off of a cliff as well as drowning.

It's also pretty sad (though I'm not real art critic XP)
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:08:02 PM
At 2/8/2016 4:05:54 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 2/8/2016 3:57:19 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
Hello Everyone!

It is yes.

It's also pretty sad (though I'm not real art critic XP)

It is a very sad scenario, it could be changed but fear will not let it be changed.
You don't have to be an art critic, the point of this is to see opinions on art from other people.
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:12:52 PM
At 2/8/2016 4:08:02 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

It is a very sad scenario, it could be changed but fear will not let it be changed.
You don't have to be an art critic, the point of this is to see opinions on art from other people.

Well I like what you're doing. A weekly art talk, I never thought of it XD
I'd be surprised if this didn't at least bring some kind of activity back here.

diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:13:44 PM
I'll play along.

I don't know the artist, but I'm willing to bet this was painted by a guy who got dumped.

Looking at the picture from a man's perspective.
"Take my hand. We'll help each other. I'll pull you up. You set me free. I'll remove your chains."

Looking at the picture from a woman's perspective.
"I'm letting go. I want a man who is strong enough to save himself. Save yourself and then you can help me. I may have baggage but if you're not strong enough, if you depend on me to fix you first... then I'll take my chances alone."
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:15:07 PM
At 2/8/2016 4:13:44 PM, diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid wrote:
I'll play along.

I don't know the artist, but I'm willing to bet this was painted by a guy who got dumped.

"Take my hand. We'll help each other. I'll pull you up. You set me free. I'll remove your chains."

"I'm letting go. I want a man who is strong enough to save himself. Save yourself and then you can help me. I may have baggage but if you're not strong enough, if you depend on me to fix you first... then I'll take my chances alone."

I like your say in perspectives. It's rather accurate after looking at it again.

Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:17:59 PM
At 2/8/2016 4:12:52 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 2/8/2016 4:08:02 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

Well I like what you're doing. A weekly art talk, I never thought of it XD
I'd be surprised if this didn't at least bring some kind of activity back here.

I thought of the Prez updates and figured this would be a good idea.
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:18:34 PM
I'll play along.

Interesting, that's a good take on it.
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:22:24 PM
At 2/8/2016 4:18:34 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
I'll play along.

Interesting, that's a good take on it.

well the woman's thought might be accurate. The guy is probably just thinking "boobies. Save the boobies."