In Dark, In Light Chapter 3

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 8:28:17 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Chapter 3: When it Rains, It Storks

I came to in a room, brightly lit by torches. Shadows and flames flickered about. Sill in a daze, I weakly called out, "Shawn? ... Shawn? Are you here?" I rolled over and screamed. Shawn was... he was on the floor, a spear protruding from the side of his body, through his ribs and out his back, and into the cement. He was convulsing and there was so much... so much blood.

"Help!" I screamed out. "Help! We need help! Please!"

Multiple grey robed people rushed into the room and over to Shawn. They circled him and began chanting, "Expellere(ex-pel-air) resarcio(ray-zar-see-o) ulcus(all-sus-), boneossa(bo-nay-ah-sa)" over and over again. Shawn convulsed and blood continued to seep from his wound. The spear. however, began moving out of his body.
As I watched another individual, a Zephrym I guess, came into the room and looked over the scene. His gaze rested upon me and he asked, "You, what are you doing here?"

Shawn"s scream interrupted my response and the sound of snapping bones echoed through the room. Between screams, almost combined with them, he kept repeating, "prohibere." The spear that had been slowly moving its way out of him stopped, and those surrounding him started chanting even more loudly than before. Still the spear lay still, until the Zephrym that had just entered the room walked over and shouted, "Silentium!" Shawn stopped convulsing and his body slumped. The spear began moving again, the horrendous sound of snapping bone continued to echo through the room. The man turned around and looked at me again, "now," he commanded sternly, "tell me why it is you are here."

"I-I-Impara told Shawn and me that we were binded. Where is she? What are they doing to Shawn? Where are we? Who are you?" I blurted out a frenzy of questions.
The man furrowed his brow and spat at the ground. "Binded!?" he scoffed. "For Primius' sake, this isn't supposed to happen. Now we have to train two of you? It"s already hard enough to train one of you weak mortals in our ways." I sat there eyes wide in shock, still unaware of what was happening, while every snap of Shawn"s bones caused me to wince.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know if I even should ask, nevertheless, my concern for Shawn overrode my shock of the situation. "Is Shawn going to be ok?"
The man looked over at Shawn, and exhaled deeply, "I do not know, child." He began, "His wound is great, and was poisoned with Quidet, a Daralian poison that stains one"s soul and begins to darken it, slowly turning them into a mindless servant of their order. They," he gestured towards the group gathered around Shawn, "are doing all they can. I will do as much as I can as well, but as of right now, things do not look well for the Monarch."

I could feel the blood rush from my face, and knew it had turned a ghastly white. Not look well? No, that couldn"t happen, not after everything that had just happened. He couldn't die and leave me alone... just hours before everything had been so perfect. Now I didn't know what to think, now I didn't even fully understand what was happening. This was unfair, it shouldn't be happening, this was, should, and ought to be impossible!

Whoever the man standing before me was, he obviously noticed how distraught I was. "Child," he calmly spoke, "you should leave us to our work." He looked behind me, and it was then that I noticed that another had entered the room while we were speaking. A woman, soft gentle smile, deep green eyes, short white hair looked down at me, "Go with Benevala, she will guide you around our temple, get you food, and a place to rest."

I shook my head, "no, I'm not going anywhe-"

I was interrupted by Benevala, her melodic voice modulated to hypnotize, calm, and relax. "Hush dear, there is nothing you can do here. It is better if you come with me. I swear, if anything happens you will be one of the first to know about it. You probably want to get out of those," she smirked at me, "uncomfortable and dirty clothes, and into something clean and comfortable."

It was at the moment she mentioned my clothing that I noticed my dress was ripped in a couple spots, wet with Shawn"s blood. My stilettos were snapped at the heels. Shawn"s blood was all over me as well... I shivered fully comprehending how much blood he had really lost. I nervously looked back at Shawn, I still didn't want to leave him, I couldn"t, if anything were to happen to him... I...

Benevala placed a hand on my shoulder, and I looked up at her. "Child, please, come with me," she cooed melodically again. I looked back at Shawn, but slowly slid off my heels and stood up.

As I exited the room, just before I turned the corner, I looked back at Shawn and paused, staring at him. Suddenly his eyes shot open, they were... black and seemed to suck the light from the room, he began speaking, "Nigra, latet in tenebris operiam mundi pugnam ut non praevalebit in fletu venient et tenebris mundi omnis tribulatio plangent omnes," He drew in a deep breath and as he did, his eyes burst in a radiant light, prismatic, it seemed to cycle through every color of the spectrum repeatedly. His voice deepened, "Cum sanguine Primius dilabimur in terram, et tres ordines erant in terminis , et iterum lux lucem , et tenebras, et se paria, mundus in tenebrarum, et dementia provecto prophetia praedixit reditus trium ordinum , tres ordines igni Primius , inquietum somno in anima, resurget rursus tres ordines distrahi"

"What is he saying!?" I exclaimed. "What"s happening to him? Somebody do something! Please!"

Benevala spoke from beside me, her voice urgent but soothing, "dear, you should not be here right now, things could get dangerous. The poison is taking hold in his system, we've seen this before and it is only going to get worse from-"

Suddenly the ground started shaking beneath us, the walls rocking violently, as Shawn boomed out, "Tremebundus, terra, destruit, liberum, Carcere, surgere, surgere, surgere!"

The man, the Zephrym I had been speaking to stepped forward and boomed out himself, "Magis tempus somnis!"

Shawn, whatever was happening to him, turned his head and looked at the Zephrym and cackled, "Zephrym insipiens , vos non agnoscis , pater ? Silentium Obtivian"
The Zephrym stepped backwards in shock, "Impossible!," he gasped. "It cannot be! Quickly everyone, aid me in this!" In unison every Zephrym, five in total in the room shouted, "Magis tempus somnis!" The prismatic light emanating from Shawns eyes flared, and then was gone as Shawn slumped unconscious again.

The lead Zephrym, at least he seemed like the leader, turned around to me. His eyes glowed and he bellowed, "Tell me who you are right now! Do you know what that was, why that happened?"

I slunk backwards against the wall, terrified, sliding to the ground. "I-I don"t know," I cried. "I don"t know what"s going on. One minute the two of us are at a banquet, the next all this crazy stuff is happening, and people are dying, and... and" I started sobbing.

Benevala jumped in front of me, "Obtivian!" She scolded him, "can you not see she is distraught and does not know what is happening!? Shame on you for making it worse. Remember the purpose of our order and what we were created to do!"

Through my tears, I could see Obtivian was taken aback, the glow in his eyes diminished, and an expression of regret crossed his face momentarily before returning to a stoic demeanor. "I am... sorry," he conceded. "She must go though, take her away, she will only serve as a distraction while we figure out exactly what is going on here."

I stopped sobbing immediately, the stress replaced with anger, "No!" I cried, "I won"t lea-!"
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 8:30:53 PM
Obtivian"s eyes flashed again and he spoke, "Audi!" I immediately stopped speaking involuntarily and walked out of the door, turning around once out of the room and standing in the doorway. What in the hell did that bastard do to me?

Benevala gasped, "Obtivian, you know we are not to use magic to force humans to take action!" She turned around to me. "No Beneval," Obtivian spoke, "we are not. But this time I am making an exception. Now take her to get cleaned up, eat, and when you are done, she is free to come back to his side. We will be moving him to more suitable quarters though, in the southern dormitorium. You will find us there."

Benevala nodded, "Very well Obtivian, we shall both be there in a short while."

Benevala turned around and walked to the doorway, "come child," she spoke as she looked at me. "Let us go clean you up and get you some food dear."

She passed me, and I followed behind her despite every fiber of my being not wanting to. Every bit of me wanted to stay with Shawn the whole time, especially with what had been said, and had just happened. I was terrified of leaving his side, yet still, I followed. We walked down a grey, black, and white mottled marble hallway. Torches lined the walls every 10 feet or so brightly lighting it in a tranquil glow. Suddenly the hallway ended and opened up into an immense and stunning atrium. The dome was height was almost impossible to judge, and almost perfectly transparent save for the glare created by the sun, wait no, three suns... three suns?! One white, one grey, and one paradoxically black, yet somehow emanating light. Flora and Fauna that I had never seen before, along with many that I knew, were located within it. I heard a shriek from high above, and suddenly a reptilian creature flew by. My god, it was a Pterodactyl!

Benevala turned around and looked at me, her face turned bright red, "Oh my goodness child, I completely forgot you were still under Obtivian"s spell, I'll fix that for you, Inrita Magicae."

Suddenly I felt a sort of weight lift off of me, "That was a Pterodactyl, wasn't it!" I gasped with a hint of childlike wonder in my voice.

Benevala chuckled in amusement and motioned for me to continue following her, "Yes... by the way, what is your name, child? Nobody has asked you that yet have they?"

I realized that nobody had, "It's Melanie," I answered.

"Well Melanie," Benevala began again, "yes, that was a Pterodactyl. You see, the Netralius order has biomes all over this plane of existence. At the same time as Primius created us, he also recreated the many species that had died on your plane of existence upon this planet. We are also tasked with maintaining and preserving these now extinct species on your plane."

"That is amazing," I spoke with awe in my voice as a Hadrosaurus walked across the pathway we were on. Really though, despite my amazement at seeing these creatures no other person had seen before, I had other questions on my mind. I was unsure if I should ask them.

Benevala stopped and looked at me, I could tell she knew what was on my mind. "Child, ask what you wish, I will try and answer as best I can, though being honest, I still know very little myself."

"What happened back there? What was Shawn saying?" I asked quickly, relieved she had realized what was preoccupying my thoughts and had extended assistance in answering my questions.

Benevala was silent as we walked for a long moment, finally she spoke, "Part of it was the poison taking its toll on him, Melanie. When his eyes were black, that was something I have seen happen with Zephrym of our order. What happened after that..." she went silent again.

"What?" I pressed her, "what was that? What did he say?"

Benevala continued walking without speaking, it was obvious to me that she was contemplating what to say. "That, to be honest, I don"t not know. I have never seen anything like that happen before with a Monarch. What he said, I do not exactly know either, and nor is it my place to tell you what I know. That is something Obtivian should tell you when the time is right. All I will say is, if it was enough to cause that kind of reaction in Obtivian, it was something very important."

Up ahead in the distance I saw we were approaching a pair of grey marble pillars about 10 feet high. They stood in the center of a red brick circle, a distinct color from the golden path we walked upon. I noticed as we drew closer that the pillars sat in the center of a large symbol within the circle made with white bricks. It was the same symbol of the three triangles within a larger singular triangle that had appeared on Shawn"s and my chest earlier. Between them was what appeared to be a rippling pool of water. It looked very similar to what Arietta had summoned in the Banquet hall earlier.

That"s when it hit me. "Benevala, what happened to Ariett- I mean, Impara? Is she alive?"

Benevala stopped before the portal and turned around. A concerned expression was on her face, and I could tell she was as worried as I was. "I honestly do not know. The two of you were the only ones that came through the portal. We have heard nothing from the Zephrym, including Impara, that were involved in your rescue. We hope they survived but, being honest again, we are not holding much hope in regards to that." I could tell she was pained at having to actually say that out loud.

"I'm sorry Benevala, I wish there was something I could do," I offered. I knew it was an empty since I was in more need of help than anyone else, save for Shawn, and in no position to help whatsoever.

Benevala smiled wistfully, "you can help by coming with me through the portal to the Southern Dormitorium. We can get you a bath and a change of clothes when we get there. Come now, follow me." Benevala held out her hand, and I obliged by grabbing a hold of it, following her into the portal.

I stayed conscious this time around. I suppose after someone does it once, they start building up a tolerance to it, but the experience when conscious was... strange to say the least. A tingling sensation spread throughout my body, and everything around me was simultaneously pitch black, and extremely bright at the same time. A buzzing filled my ears as I started to feel as if I was being pulled in every possible direction at once until finally, almost immediately really, Beneval and I came out the other side.
I stumbled coming through and Benevala caught me before I fell face first to the ground.

"Careful now child," she laughed. "You have to remember to keep the same stride you had when you first entered, or that will happen every time. I am impressed though, most mortals take dozens of time going through portals before they are able to stay conscious using them. There is a definite strength of spirit and resilience to you, especially with everything you have been through, to accomplish that so quickly."
I laughed as well, Benevalas humor was quite infectious, and felt myself start to relax. At the same time I felt myself grow tired as well, and yawned.

"We will get you a room to sleep in as well," Benevala said. "First though, you really need to get clean."

I shook my head, "no, I'm not going to sleep unless it"s in the same room as Shawn. You must understand, I have to be by him," I pleaded to her. It was true, even despite starting to relax, I was still filled with worry over Shawn. All I could think of was the spear protruding from him, the seizure that had wracked him, the poison, and... whatever had happened after that. I just couldn't accept anything other than being in the same room as him.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 8:34:50 PM
Benevala studied me, a sympathetic look in her eyes, "of course Melanie, I'm certain we can arrange something. Though you should be warned, being in the same room as him, you will not get much rest. As the poison works through his system he will continue to lapse into episodes that you saw before. We'll have Zephrym posted to restrain and subdue him when it happens, but of course, it"s not going to be immediate, so you will likely be woken up when it does."

"I don"t care," I snapped, "so don"t try to convince me otherwise. Benevala, I love him, I can't be apart from him, especially now with all this, whatever this is that"s happening."
Beneval nodded, "of course dear, I'll do what I can to make sure that happens. I have been around a long time, so I know very well how binded souls are with each other."
There was that whole bit about the binded soul again. "Impara told Shawn and I about that," I started, "she said that if we weren't kindred that it would not be good. How would it not be good?"

"Because it would mean you would die Melanie, a painfully slow and excruciating death. One that would slowly sap the life away from you, until you are naught but a pile of withered skin and bones." Benevala answered me matter-of-factly.
My eyes widened in surprise, "you can't be serious? That doesn"t seem fair at all. I mean, neither Shawn nor I even found out about any of this until it was too late to decide otherwise."

"I know, but, usually Monarchs are known when they are very young, you must understand. We did not make these things the way they are. Primius was the one who did. So, we only have knowledge of these things. If there was any way we could change it, understand we would. After all, our instinct is to let Monarchs, being human first, to decide for themselves how they would live their life. It"s really a tricky situation, because although one of our tenets is the maintaining of free-will, of choice, we also must protect innocents such as yourself from such fates. So we are forced to keep Monarchs from the kind of situation you and Shawn find yourself in. But dear, do not fret, I have not known you for long, but something tells me that the two of you are truly kindred souls. You are in no danger of that fate in my honest opinion, and have nothing to fear. Now, are you ready to get clean?"

I nodded in response and we turned away from the portal. When we did I noticed we stood within a massive foyer, cathedral like ceilings arched stories above us. Symbols I did not recognize, paintings, murals, and many other things decorated the foyer. I followed behind Benevala as she went left from the portal into a long hallway. It was so long I could not see the end of it from the beginning, and wide enough to fit an entire semi-truck sideways into comfortably. We walked for a few minutes in silence. I was honestly too preoccupied in my own thoughts, processing what I had learned thus far, to ask any more questions.

Finally, Benevala turned left into a wide doorway, and we entered into a massive, steamy, and warm bathhouse. The smell of lilac and honeysuckle wafted through the air; a pleasant and alluring aroma. I saw a few other Zephrym, all women washing themselves in the large steamy bath. Beneval pointed to a doorway on the left side of the room, "in there is where you can take off your clothes. There is a chute cut into the wall that you can throw your clothes into. We will clean them for you, and return them to you. Please, clean up, and by the time you are done I will be back with fresh robes and sandals for you." Benevala bowed, something I thought was strange to be honest, and walked out of the bathhouse.

I went into the room and found that it was almost empty. There were multiple marble benches, solid rectangular blocks that raised about 3 feet off of the ground. Along one wall there were multiple mirrors. I unzipped my dress, and slid it off. I spotted the chute on the opposite wall and threw my dress into it. I walked back out of the changing room, I guess it could be called, and back into the bathhouse and slid into the delightfully relaxing hot water. My body immediately untensed, relaxed completely. It felt as if the water itself were massaging my entire body. It was absolutely orgasmic in feeling, and I let out a sigh of pleasure.

I heard one of the other few Zephrym also in the bath laugh. I looked over and she was smiling at me, "its magical you know."

I raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry, what is?" I asked.

"The water, it"s magical. It massages and cleans for you. All you need to do is relax and let it do what it was imbued to do. It"s a wonderful feeling I know." She swam over to me and introduced herself, "I'm Librathina by the way."

"Melanie," I responded in turn. "It feels absolutely amazing. I have never had a bath that felt so good."

Librathina smirked, "i've never seen you around here before. Are you a convert?"

"What is a convert?" I asked her.

"A converted Zephrym from one of the other orders, of course. It"s rare, but if you are, know you aren"t the only one of" whatever order you are a part of to join us." Librathina smiled at me, "you made the right choice by the way."

"No, no, no," I denied. "I'm not a Zephrym at all. My boyfriend, Shawn, I guess he is a Monarch, and I are binded. We were rescued by Impara and others. I honestly don"t know, and now I"m here, taking a bath in magical water. This is honestly all a shock, but this water has it to where I just don"t care anymore," I laughed as I finished what I was saying.

Librathina's eyes widened and she backed away from me looking away, "A human!? Queen, I am so sorry for the disrespect, I did not know." She quickly swam to the edge of the bath and pulled herself out.

"Wait, no, its fine, I don"t even really know what you are talking about! Please, don"t think you were disrespectful," I called after her.

But it didn"t matter; she continued rushing towards the door for the room that contained the mirrors and laundry chute, "No, no. I must go anyways. I shall see you elsewhere, Queen!"

I slumped back, I was just finding out about all this, and already people were treating me like royalty. It was ridiculous, I certainly didn't feel like it, and in fact, I didn't even want such a thing, anyways. I mean, this was stupid. I was perfectly happy, and Shawn was too without all this happening. Why him? Why me? Obviously neither of this asked for this, and now we were both caught up in something I still knew so little about.

There was obviously little choice in the matter, the slaughter at the banquet hall showed me perfectly well that there were creatures so much more powerful than either one of us out to kill us. What other choice did we have but to join with the only ones who had shown desire to help us. My stomach started to get queasy and hurt, and I realized I was very hungry. Hungry and exhausted to be exact. I hadn't eaten anything since earlier that day, a bagel at around lunchtime in the midst of the last minute chaos surrounding the final prep for the Banquet. Speaking of that, what would come of our lives? Would we ever be able to return to them? To live a normal life again? So many unanswered questions, and no answers to almost all of them. It was terribly frustrating, terrifying, and exhausting to think about.

The sound of footsteps walking into the bathhouse drew me out of my preoccupation. I looked up as Benevala walked towards me with grey linens, assumedly robed, in one hand, and a pair of sandals, dark brown with a golden buckled at the ankle, in the other. I was relieved to see her. I honestly could use the company to keep me distracted at the moment.

"I hope you are enjoying the bath, child," She said, a smile on her face as she drew closer.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 8:37:17 PM
"Yes," I responded, pulling myself out of the water, "but I"m honestly done now. What I need is some food and then to get back to Shawn."

Benevala handed me the robes and sandals. "Of course, Melanie. Go put these on and we can go to the kitchens to get you whatever you want."

I went into the side room and stood in front of the mirror examining myself. Nothing was wrong, except for the mark in the middle of my chest, between my breasts. The wound had grown deeper, and still was bleeding, but barely so at this point.

Benevala appeared behind me, "that symbol, it has only gotten worse, no?" she asked. I nodded in response. "Turn around," she said. "This will have to be done anyways. I see no reason to wait at this point."

I turned around as she instructed. "What are you going to do?" I asked her.

Benevala placed her hand upon the wound. "I am going to heal it of course. However, it cannot be fully healed. The only way for me to do this is to turn it into, what is it you call it? A tattoo. Now, hold still while I do this, it is going to burn, but it will be short and only hurt a little bit."

I nodded again. "Ok, Benevala, go ahead. Whatever stops this bleeding. I really don"t want to bleed all over the robes you just got me, and with it not healing, I don"t see what other choice I have."

Benevala laughed, "I knew you were a smart girl." I laughed as well, a laugh that was cut short as Benevala spoke the words, "Curare ulcus atramento cicatrices." As she did so her hand glowed and I felt the burning she warned about and winced. As I looked down, I saw the wound closing up, but as it did, there was black ink where the wound had been. After about a minute it was entirely healed and all that remained were the three triangles within a larger. There was something new, though. The larger triangle was located within the pupil of what was now a large eye.

"Where did the eye come from?" I asked curiously. "There was no cut of that before."

"That is the symbol of Primius in its whole," Benevala responded, "eventually if left unhealed your wound would have developed that as well. If you did not get it healed by us, it would have eventually eaten your body away until you died. The mark shows up on Monarchs, Monarchesses, and their binded soul partners. Why? I do not know. As I said before, we Zephrym of the Order of Netralius did not create the 'rules' we simply know of them."

I went over to where I had set the clothes Benevala gave me, and quickly put them on. The robes were softer than any material I had ever worn. I put on the sandals and it felt as if I were standing upon a cloud, if that were even possible. Honestly though, with everything that happened it felt as though anything were possible at this point.
"Come," Benevala spoke, "let us make our way to the kitchens" She turned around and walked away, and I followed.

"Benevala," I asked as we were walking, "did you find a bed for me to sleep in the same room as Shawn?"

Benevala nodded, "I did, it took some convincing for Obtivian to agree, but you and the Monarch will be in the same room."

I breathed a sigh of relief. The thought of being away from Shawn was not something I wanted to face in reality, and I was glad I wouldn"t have to. We passed through the hallway, mostly in silence the rest of the way until mere minutes later we ended up in what was, as Benevala had told me on our walk, one of the multiple kitchens in the Southern Dormitory. It was massive and, just as the bathhouse, warm. Though this time not because of the water, rather, because of the massive ovens that pumped out heat from within them.

"Anything you want, child, just name it, and we shall get it."

I thought for a minute, and came up blank on ideas. "I honestly don"t care, I'll have whatever everyone else is I guess."

Benevala giggled, "Of course, I"ll be right back with it." She walked towards the back of the kitchen and disappeared behind a door that I assume was a pantry of sorts. Moments later she returned, a large pot held in both of her hands. She placed the pot on a counter. She pulled the lid off and I was immediately met with the scent of stew. I looked into the pot and saw that there were pieces of steak inside, along with potatoes, veggies, etc. It smelled... off though.

I stopped and went to a seat to sit down, as a queasy feeling took over my stomach. "Could you get me a bowl?" I asked. "I suddenly don"t feel too good."

"Of course," Benevala said, and almost right away she had a bowl in front of me filled with the stew and a spoon in the other hand. "Here, eat. You need it."

I grabbed the wooden bowl and wooden spoon from her hands and dug in. The food was absolutely delicious, and my stomach calmed down as soon as I took the first bite.
As I ate, Benevala started talking to me, "You should know Melanie, that Shawn is not doing so well right now. He has only seemed to have gotten worse in condition. Hopefully he will pull through, but it is looking like an even lower chance of that happening."

I stopped eating and looked up at her, "Isn't there anything you all can do to make sure he survives?"

Benevala shook her head and an expression of sadness crossed her face. "No, sadly. Not anything that we aren't already doing. Right now he is sleeping, but that is likely to be short lived. The episodes he had are only going to get more and more frequent until the venom dissipates from his system."

I looked up at Benevala. "Well, I already told you that I truly do not care. Benevala, your concern is appreciated though." I went back to eating. Soon I was finished with the bowl, stuffed and satisfied. I stood up and said, "I"m ready to go to him now."

Benevala smiled and turned around without saying anything, and once again I followed. As we walked down the hallway, my stomach started to feel worse and worse, and the urge to throw up got stronger and stronger. It forced me to walk in silence as a means, or hope, to hold back that urge. It kept mounting though and I succumbed and vomited. Benevala stopped and turned around, a concerned look on her face. "Child, here, let me help you. She knelt down beside me and placed a hand to my stomach, "tranquillum" she spoke. My stomach did not calm down, and I vomited again.

"Fortem Tranquillum" she said, this time more forcefully, a puzzled look coming over her face. Still, it didn't help, and I vomited once more. "Inspicere" she said, and her eyes widened in shock, her mouth dropped open.

"What?" I asked. "What is it?"

"D-Did you know Melanie," Benevala stuttered in shock, "that you're pregnant?"
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 8:38:24 PM
Special thanks to Wimpy Kid, Vaarka, and Turle for help in proofreading. Chapter 4 is currently being written and almost completed. Then it will go through proofreading. I expect it will be about 3-4 days until it is posted. Thanks to anyone reading and I hope you enjoy :)
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 8:39:58 PM
To anyone just picking this up and reading, here are links to the previous two chapters

Chapter 1 "You Had One Job"- http://www.debate.org...

Chapter 2 "A Banquet of Chaos"- http://www.debate.org...
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 8:46:10 PM
At 2/15/2016 8:38:24 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Special thanks to Wimpy Kid, Vaarka, and Turle for help in proofreading. Chapter 4 is currently being written and almost completed. Then it will go through proofreading. I expect it will be about 3-4 days until it is posted. Thanks to anyone reading and I hope you enjoy :)

My pleasure. This forum really messes with the formatting, huh?
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 8:58:26 PM
At 2/15/2016 8:46:10 PM, diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid wrote:

It really does, the lack of indentation screws with it hardcore lmao
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 11:46:50 PM
At 2/15/2016 8:58:26 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

You have my attention with this story. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:06:12 AM
At 2/15/2016 11:46:50 PM, Peepette wrote:
At 2/15/2016 8:58:26 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

You have my attention with this story. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Thank you :)
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 10:34:08 PM

Sorry for not helping out much with this chapter in proofread terms. I was sick over the weekend XP
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 3:50:33 AM
Chapter 4 will be posted later tonight. Chapter 5 a few days afterward
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"