Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Let's Talk Art Two Days Late! (Important)

Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 4:43:23 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Greetings and Salutations. Firstly I would like to apologize for being a day late. I have been swamped with homework, tests, and writing requests in the past two weeks. I will try harder to make it on time from now on.

So before I unveil the picture I would like to talk about the topic of it. This picture points out a very negative aspect of social media. To be more specific it makes a jab at the very popular FaceBook.

http://images5.aplus.com...

Now what this picture is showing is one of the many fallacies of social media. While it may only show FaceBook it is not only FaceBook that is "feeding people's egos." The more likes means more food meaning bigger ego. What are some of your guys' thoughts on this? Do you agree? Please go into detail.

====Important Announcement====
The next "Let's Talk Art" will be in two weeks time from now.
It will also be the special of the month. It will be for you guys, the readers. From now until Friday March 11, at 3:00 P.M EST. There will only be 3 slots and will be first come first serve.
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:06:42 PM
At 3/2/2016 4:43:23 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. Firstly I would like to apologize for being a day late. I have been swamped with homework, tests, and writing requests in the past two weeks. I will try harder to make it on time from now on.

So before I unveil the picture I would like to talk about the topic of it. This picture points out a very negative aspect of social media. To be more specific it makes a jab at the very popular FaceBook.

Now what this picture is showing is one of the many fallacies of social media. While it may only show FaceBook it is not only FaceBook that is "feeding people's egos." The more likes means more food meaning bigger ego. What are some of your guys' thoughts on this? Do you agree? Please go into detail.
I'll agree with that picture a lot. I haven't used FB in about 4 years, but from what I've seen and remember, that picture is very accurate.
That, and I burst out laughing in the middle of math when I saw it and got weird looks.

It will also be the special of the month. It will be for you guys, the readers. From now until Friday March 11, at 3:00 P.M EST. There will only be 3 slots and will be first come first serve.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:49:59 PM

I have a friend who is an artist and a model. She cycles through her works and photos hoping for likes. I can't really tell if she's marketing or fishing for complements.

I gave up posting artwork on FB. I could work for three weeks on a piece and post it, then get 2 likes. If I post a picture of my kid, it gets 30. If I post food, it gets 10. If I post alcohol, it gets 20. If I post something political, I get an argument.

FB is completely disengaged from my ego. It's only a way to keep informed with groups, activities, and in touch with family/friends around the world.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:56:27 PM
At 3/2/2016 6:49:59 PM, diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid wrote:

I have a friend who is an artist and a model. She cycles through her works and photos hoping for likes. I can't really tell if she's marketing or fishing for complements.

I gave up posting artwork on FB. I could work for three weeks on a piece and post it, then get 2 likes. If I post a picture of my kid, it gets 30. If I post food, it gets 10. If I post alcohol, it gets 20. If I post something political, I get an argument.

FB is completely disengaged from my ego. It's only a way to keep informed with groups, activities, and in touch with family/friends around the world.

Lol, my sister showed me how to sign up when I was 10, and since a lot of my friends were suddenly getting FB, I decided to as well. It was fun for a few weeks, and I played some games, but it got boring. I eventually lost interest, and would occasionally check maybe once a month, until by the time I was 11, I stopped caring. I was gone for a year, and then after I turned 12, my mom insisted I go on and thank everyone who wished me a happy twelfth birthday and all that crap. So I went on to do so, saw a couple of birthday notifications, and would've said "thank you", but after a year, FB was different and had changed the way you post, and I was too lazy to figure out how to do it, so I just logged out.

Ever since then, I've only done anything with my FB account once, and that was to change the password when I was 13 because, apparently, someone had "hacked" my FB and my parents made a big deal about it and had me change my password to something else.

AAAND that was the last time I did anything involving FB. XD
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 7:11:37 PM
At 3/2/2016 6:56:27 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Lol, my sister showed me how to sign up when I was 10, and since a lot of my friends were suddenly getting FB, I decided to as well. It was fun for a few weeks, and I played some games, but it got boring. I eventually lost interest, and would occasionally check maybe once a month, until by the time I was 11, I stopped caring. I was gone for a year, and then after I turned 12, my mom insisted I go on and thank everyone who wished me a happy twelfth birthday and all that crap. So I went on to do so, saw a couple of birthday notifications, and would've said "thank you", but after a year, FB was different and had changed the way you post, and I was too lazy to figure out how to do it, so I just logged out.

Ever since then, I've only done anything with my FB account once, and that was to change the password when I was 13 because, apparently, someone had "hacked" my FB and my parents made a big deal about it and had me change my password to something else.

I get the lack of appeal to someone your age. You see the people closest to you every day. DDO gives an outlet for being "yourself" on the web, free from parents and fakery. You don't seem like the ego type either.

Some people use it for ego, I guess. To me, it's just functional. Like my kids' activities post announcements in groups. I get notices of restaurant deals. I post something maybe once per week and don't care who likes or dislikes.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 7:14:12 PM
At 3/2/2016 7:11:37 PM, diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid wrote:
At 3/2/2016 6:56:27 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I get the lack of appeal to someone your age. You see the people closest to you every day. DDO gives an outlet for being "yourself" on the web, free from parents and fakery. You don't seem like the ego type either.

Some people use it for ego, I guess. To me, it's just functional. Like my kids' activities post announcements in groups. I get notices of restaurant deals. I post something maybe once per week and don't care who likes or dislikes.

DDO is probably the closest thing I have to a social website XD
No twitter
No instagram
No snapchat
None of that stuff
I have FB (don't use)
I have skype (if that counts, but I rarely use it)
I have teamspeak though XD

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 9:11:11 PM
At 3/2/2016 7:14:12 PM, Vaarka wrote:

DDO is probably the closest thing I have to a social website XD
No twitter
No instagram
No snapchat
None of that stuff
I have FB (don't use)
I have skype (if that counts, but I rarely use it)
I have teamspeak though XD

Impressive. I can't say the same, but impressive nonetheless
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 6:29:10 AM
It's a good image and I think the "ego" or search for acceptance thing is very real for some, especially with some teens. I have to admit I look at Facebook almost daily but, posts very infrequently. It helps me know what my adult kids are up to, or at least how they're feeling. They don't post anything heavy, just small daily joys or the usual annoyances that most people go through. I also use it for PMs with coworkers, I don't give my # or personal email to anyone.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 9:15:38 AM
being liked fills ones ego
or
approval = self worth
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2016 12:52:06 PM
Shameless bump.

Reminder that if you have any pieces that you would like to be added inbox me.
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka