Jump to topic:

HIgh School Art Courses

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 2:55:59 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Did anyone take any art courses in high school. Like clay, sculpture, painting, photography, etc. I might be interested in these.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 9:58:21 PM
At 5/8/2016 2:55:59 PM, Hayd wrote:
Did anyone take any art courses in high school. Like clay, sculpture, painting, photography, etc. I might be interested in these.

I'm currently in music app, and I took art app 1st semester. I enjoyed both classes, and I'd say it's worth taking a class. For me, it'd be music, preferably music theory or piano.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
BlazingRodent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2016 3:33:51 AM
At 5/8/2016 2:55:59 PM, Hayd wrote:

I took Music Studio last semester and I am currently in Graphic Design.

Music Studio had you composing songs on computers using Band in a Box and Cubase. You had keyboards on the side of everyone's computer desk so you could play notes in a song.

In Graphic Design we had to use a program called Illustrator to draw, type, and organize your typing and drawings into specific things like a fish or first a business cards assignment, we are currently using Photoshop, and in the next unit we are doing 3-D animation. Sounds fun right? Well it is a decent class but the teacher grades so inconsistently. You could draw or create something great and he might score you low, and at other times you could make something terrible and he would give you an A. He also favors students that like him and his grading is also way too opinion based. In short, he turns a decent subject into a mess.