Jump to topic:

Jubilate Deo - Dan Forrest

ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 6:02:58 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
The latest work by Dan Forrest, Jubilate Deo takes the beautiful words of Psalm 1 and setting it in seven different languages and drawing from a wide spectrum of musical influences.

https://www.youtube.com...

1. Jubilate Deo"

O be joyful in the Lord, all ye lands: serve the Lord with gladness, and come before his presence with a song. Be ye sure that the Lord he is God; it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. O go your way into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise; be thankful unto him, and speak good of his name. For the Lord is gracious, his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth from generation to generation. (Psalm 100, Latin Vulgate)

2. Ve adthdor vador (From age to age)
Bless his name. For the Lord is gracious, his mercy is everlasting, and his truth endures from age to age. (From Psalm 100:4-5, Hebrew and Arabic)

3. Ta cao chang de yang (The sheep of his pasture)

It is he that has made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. (From Psalms 100:3 and 23:1, Mandarin Chinese)

4. Ngokujabula! (With great rejoicing!)

Shout with triumph to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with joy, come before his presence with singing. Know that the Lord is God! (From Psalm 100:1-3, Zulu)

5. Bendecid su nombre (Bless his name)

Enter his gates with thanksgiving, his courts with praise. Be thankful, and bless his name. (Psalm 100:4, Spanish)

6. Song of the Earth

Alleluia. (Praise Jehovah - nearly universal transliteration)

7. ...Omnis Terra!

Sing for joy, dance in gladness, shout for joy, all the earth!
(Adapted from various English translations)
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!