Jump to topic:

What do you make of this piece?

Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 3:34:31 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
I can't figure out for the life of me what this piece is about.

Shostakovich wrote it as part of a concerto for his son's 19th birthday. The other movements are relatively fast and lively, and then there's this one. It's definitely melancholic, but I can't figure out anything beyond that. Sometimes it seems nostalgic in a warm but sad sort of way, other times it seems eerie, like the remnants of a failed society (perhaps the Soviet Union), and other times it's just depressing. I honestly have no idea. Your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com...
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2016 6:40:24 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/21/2016 3:34:31 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
I can't figure out for the life of me what this piece is about.

Shostakovich wrote it as part of a concerto for his son's 19th birthday. The other movements are relatively fast and lively, and then there's this one. It's definitely melancholic, but I can't figure out anything beyond that. Sometimes it seems nostalgic in a warm but sad sort of way, other times it seems eerie, like the remnants of a failed society (perhaps the Soviet Union), and other times it's just depressing. I honestly have no idea. Your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com...

It reminds me of some old Demetori song's intro I used to remember the name to.
Also reminds me of the station I listen to when all the other (2) stations I bother to listen to are on break or playing a bad song.

I like it :3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya