Jump to topic:

How are you artistic?

Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 5:08:55 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
I know i can draw well but i don't know what to draw. Recently while doing some school projects i found out i'm good at symbolistic art. I'm trying to write songs but can't get anything good although i'm pretty sure i'll be pretty good if i find out how to use my musical skillz. I'm really good with styles of anything. I'm good at creating riddles. I'm also good at creating arguments, a philosophic art. I'm also making mathematical formulas.

Everyhing is art.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 7:39:52 AM
I'm the same as you only I can't pain for sh!t.
Thank goodness for abstract painting, let's you paint whatever the hell you want, doesn't have to look like something, other than itself.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 6:40:46 PM
At 9/24/2016 5:08:55 PM, Perussi wrote:
I know i can draw well but i don't know what to draw. Recently while doing some school projects i found out i'm good at symbolistic art. I'm trying to write songs but can't get anything good although i'm pretty sure i'll be pretty good if i find out how to use my musical skillz. I'm really good with styles of anything. I'm good at creating riddles. I'm also good at creating arguments, a philosophic art. I'm also making mathematical formulas.

Everyhing is art.

I tend to enjoy the musical side of art, though I also lack the practice and knowledge to express it in my own way.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 9:51:02 PM

Everyhing is art.

I really enjoy theatrical arts like singing and acting. I also think all the lights and tech stuff in a performance is a really cool art form, but I don't really know how to do any of that stuff.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 11:05:46 PM
At 9/30/2016 9:51:02 PM, Godgirl wrote:

Everyhing is art.

I really enjoy theatrical arts like singing and acting. I also think all the lights and tech stuff in a performance is a really cool art form, but I don't really know how to do any of that stuff.

Have you ever seen a professional play?

I went to NY with my family and saw The Phantom of the Opera and Mamma Mia.

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."

-same dude as above....-
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 11:22:25 PM
At 9/30/2016 11:05:46 PM, Perussi wrote:

Everyhing is art.

Saw a Broadway tour of Lion King last year and it was pretty much the best thing ever.
I really want to see Hamilton, but I don't have money for that. :(
Awesome! How was it?
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:23:03 AM
At 9/30/2016 11:22:25 PM, Godgirl wrote:
At 9/30/2016 11:05:46 PM, Perussi wrote:

Everyhing is art.

Saw a Broadway tour of Lion King last year and it was pretty much the best thing ever.
I really want to see Hamilton, but I don't have money for that. :(
Awesome! How was it?

Awesome.

Funny Quotes:

-communist_snake-

-same dude as above....-
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 4:11:50 PM
Posted: 1 month ago

Everyhing is art.

Everything is not art. Please drop that silly idea soon.

As to the other comments, it looks like you're brain is more interested in puzzles than in self-expression. And art is about self-expression. Perhaps you are just too young? And so have little to "say" through art?

If so, I would suggest trying not to convey information, or ideas, yet, and instead try to simply express how you feel about something as opposed to what you think about it. Draw your pet or a friend with the intent of expressing it's character rather than capturing it's image. Find a favorite old toy and paint on it, or add things to it to turn it into a sculpture about what you like about it. Look at things that mean something to you, carefully, and try to express what they mean to you, in writing. Not their history with you, but how they make you feel as you contemplate them.

This is what art is about, and for. It's about you sharing yourself: how you think and feel about your experiences of life, with the rest of us. And doing it through some medium: songs, poems, plays, paintings, drawings, sculptures, stories and whatever.

I'm an old man. Been an artist nearly all my life. People will want to know how you experience the world if you will take the time to show them through your art. Trust me.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 4:19:33 PM

Everyhing is art.

I used to build sets for plays some years back, in Chicago. It's like anything else, you get better at it by doing it. Maybe try volunteering to help build sets for any production that's near by. Then as you get better at it, see if they'll hire you.

The only thing I really did not like about set building, or anything having to do with theater, for that matter, is that they always waited to the last week, and then had to work 24-7 to get it done.

I never could understand that mentality. And I got tired of doing it. I didn't like the 'feast or famine' pay schedule, and the 'work til you drop' pace before every opening.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 4:22:47 PM
At 10/28/2016 7:38:35 AM, mandarinka wrote:
I like art so much, but I take in school sociology. Should I change my classes?

I would not. Sociology is interesting, and offers lots of employment possibilities. Art is something you can do for you, as a life interest (not a "hobby").

More options are always better than less options. And artists still need paychecks.
noahbobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 12:03:14 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago

Everyhing is art.

I'm an author, I make art through words. I'm also a musician I make art through sound. Everything can be art, I agree.