Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

2-17 Release Issues - Report Them Here

JuliaD
Posts: 79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 4:50:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Please use this post to report any issues that are a result of the Voting Requirements release that was pushed out today (2-17).

Thanks!
Julia
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 4:51:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My profile is messed up.
It appears that the 'LoadComments()' function isn't being read because the new text formatting system isn't isolated to the debate previews.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
JuliaD
Posts: 79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 4:55:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
We have been seeing reports of that from other users prior to this release as well. We are trying to isolate the issue. Thanks for letting us know.
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 5:19:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 5:19:45 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/17/2011 5:19:25 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
http://oi51.tinypic.com...

This.

nvm it fixed as I posted that >.<

cool new menu btw
ccstate4peat
Posts: 2,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 5:22:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 5:19:57 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/17/2011 5:19:45 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/17/2011 5:19:25 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
http://oi51.tinypic.com...

This.

nvm it fixed as I posted that >.<

cool new menu btw

yeah, it doesn't look like 2008 Facebook anymore
eric.castelli
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 5:30:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 4:51:52 PM, tvellalott wrote:
My profile is messed up.
It appears that the 'LoadComments()' function isn't being read because the new text formatting system isn't isolated to the debate previews.

This should be resolved.

Thanks,
Eric
JuliaD
Posts: 79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 5:30:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 5:19:45 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/17/2011 5:19:25 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
http://oi51.tinypic.com...

This.

nvm it fixed as I posted that >.<

For anyone who is experiencing this issue, please clear your browser cache and refresh the site. This is an issue with your browser caching the old CSS files of the site and not actually displaying the latest version.

Here is a post with some instructions on how to clear your cache in different browsers - http://www.wikihow.com...'s-Cache
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 5:41:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 5:30:44 PM, eric.castelli wrote:
At 2/17/2011 4:51:52 PM, tvellalott wrote:
My profile is messed up.
It appears that the 'LoadComments()' function isn't being read because the new text formatting system isn't isolated to the debate previews.

This should be resolved.

Thanks,
Eric

Thank you good sir.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
ccstate4peat
Posts: 2,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 6:00:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 5:54:19 PM, Mirza wrote:
If I may suggest - it would be good if voting also showed up on the friends' news feed.

But only voting on your debates, your news feed would be filled purely with votes if it included voting for everyone.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 6:03:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 6:00:56 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
At 2/17/2011 5:54:19 PM, Mirza wrote:
If I may suggest - it would be good if voting also showed up on the friends' news feed.

But only voting on your debates, your news feed would be filled purely with votes if it included voting for everyone.
What do you mean? Self-voting is not possible any longer.
ccstate4peat
Posts: 2,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 6:13:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 6:03:03 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/17/2011 6:00:56 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
At 2/17/2011 5:54:19 PM, Mirza wrote:
If I may suggest - it would be good if voting also showed up on the friends' news feed.

But only voting on your debates, your news feed would be filled purely with votes if it included voting for everyone.
What do you mean? Self-voting is not possible any longer.

No, other people voting on your debates. If every time one of your friends voted showed up, I would hope/assume that it would fill the news feed.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 6:21:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 6:13:47 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
At 2/17/2011 6:03:03 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 2/17/2011 6:00:56 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
At 2/17/2011 5:54:19 PM, Mirza wrote:
If I may suggest - it would be good if voting also showed up on the friends' news feed.

But only voting on your debates, your news feed would be filled purely with votes if it included voting for everyone.
What do you mean? Self-voting is not possible any longer.

No, other people voting on your debates. If every time one of your friends voted showed up, I would hope/assume that it would fill the news feed.
It happens that people who vote also leave a comment, so it kind of gets filled up anyway. In spite of that leaving comments on debates updates the news feed over and over again, while voting would only show up once from every friend who votes.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 9:03:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I agree with cc (hey, you're back!) here. I would like to be informed of votes on my debates, but not of other people's votes on their own debates.
ccstate4peat
Posts: 2,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 11:56:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 9:03:54 PM, mongeese wrote:
I agree with cc (hey, you're back!)

I only got banned for a couple of weeks...
I was still here but you just didn't notice
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 11:58:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 11:57:13 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
Also, I don't get a little notification thing when I get a pm

This also happens frequently with me.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
ccstate4peat
Posts: 2,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 11:58:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 11:58:16 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/18/2011 11:57:13 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
Also, I don't get a little notification thing when I get a pm

This also happens frequently with me.

I got one this time, but it was barely noticeable
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 12:11:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 11:58:16 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/18/2011 11:57:13 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
Also, I don't get a little notification thing when I get a pm

This also happens frequently with me.

Same. Not always.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 12:12:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Other people seem to like the new menu but I like the old better. Personal preference nbd I suppose.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 12:14:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/19/2011 12:11:17 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/18/2011 11:58:16 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/18/2011 11:57:13 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
Also, I don't get a little notification thing when I get a pm

This also happens frequently with me.

Same. Not always.

I've had this happen, but only for the first response to a message I originally send.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2011 1:17:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is unrelated to the release, but the rich text format when I'm typing debates makes it really difficult to use bullets. If I start a bulleted list, the only way I can end it is if I delete the whole thing. The only solution is to type out everything and then go back and add bullets, which is inconvenient.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2011 1:56:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/19/2011 12:12:38 AM, lovelife wrote:
Other people seem to like the new menu but I like the old better. Personal preference nbd I suppose.

I agree. It might be the way firefox does it, but the account menu is much smaller, and i don't always notice when i have a PM.
eric.castelli
Posts: 44
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 11:18:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 7:22:25 AM, Puck wrote:
http://img607.imageshack.us...

First page after clicking "more" on the Debating Period list. Browser is Opera. The pic shows all that loads. Not a cache issue.

Probably not related to the new release, but we will definitely test in Opera and see if we can't figure out what's going on.

Thanks for the heads up!
Eric