Total Posts:83|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Statistics on 99th Percentile

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 1:52:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Felt like making this.

Ideology:

Libertarian:...********* 18%

Not saying:....******** 16%

Conservative: ******* 14%

Liberal:..........****** 12%

Anarchist:......****** 12%

Moderate:......*** 6%

Socialist:........*** 6%

Other:............*** 6%

Progressive:....** 4%

Undecided:......** 4%

Communist:.....* 2%

Religion:

Atheist:.....*********************** 46%

Christian:..*********** 22%

Agnostic:...****** 12%

Not saying: ***** 10%

Muslim:......** 4%

UU:............* 2%

Discordian:..*2%

Other:.........*2%
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:05:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Compared to general statistics:

Ideology:

Libertarian: Up 8%

Anarchist: Up 8%

Socialist: Up 1%

Communist: No change

Progressive: Down 2%

Conservative: Down 4%

Moderate: Down 4%

Liberal: Down 6%

Undecided: Down 9%

Other: No data

Not saying: No data

Religion:

Atheist: Up 28%

Muslim: Up 2%

Agnostic: Down 1%

Christian: Down 25%

UU: No data

Discordian: No data

Other: No date

Not saying: No data
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:06:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 2:05:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Atheist: Up 28%
Christian: Down 25%

I don't know about you guys but to me that looks like a huge deal.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:08:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 2:06:36 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/8/2011 2:05:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Atheist: Up 28%
Christian: Down 25%

I don't know about you guys but to me that looks like a huge deal.

Indeed.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:09:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 2:06:36 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/8/2011 2:05:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Atheist: Up 28%
Christian: Down 25%

I don't know about you guys but to me that looks like a huge deal.

Nice stats. I suppose its a big deal within the context of the site (99% tend to be the regular users), but nothing can really be extrapolated to the rest of the world as we are a self selecting sample.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:10:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 2:06:36 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/8/2011 2:05:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Atheist: Up 28%
Christian: Down 25%

I don't know about you guys but to me that looks like a huge deal.

You'd think that because of people such as interrogator it would go down. Hahahah.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:16:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
99th percentile compared to the rest of the site? (like those that haven't been on in years, or made trolly accounts)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 2:18:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 2:16:47 AM, lovelife wrote:
99th percentile compared to the rest of the site? (like those that haven't been on in years, or made trolly accounts)

The percentage of troll accounts are negligible.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:58:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 1:52:47 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Muslim:......** 4%

Lol that's 2 people. Guess who?
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:20:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 1:52:47 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Felt like making this.

Ideology:

Libertarian:...********* 18%

Not saying:....******** 16%

Conservative: ******* 14%

Liberal:..........****** 12%

Anarchist:......****** 12%

Moderate:......*** 6%

Socialist:........*** 6%

Other:............*** 6%

Progressive:....** 4%

Undecided:......** 4%

Communist:.....* 2%

Religion:

Atheist:.....*********************** 46%

Christian:..*********** 22%

Agnostic:...****** 12%

Not saying: ***** 10%

Muslim:......** 4%

UU:............* 2%

Discordian:..*2%

Other:.........*2%

That's more in line with our active population, lol. I don't think that it really shows anything other than what the active people are.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:39:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Statistics on anyone with a 90% win ratio or higher in the 98th percentile or higher.

Religion

Atheist:.....*********** 50%

Agnostic:...**** 18%

Christian:...*** 13%

Not saying: * 4%

Muslim:......*4%

UU:............*4%

Ideology

Libertarian:....**** 18%

Not saying:....**** 18%

Conservative: *** 13%

Anarchist:......** 9%

Other:...........** 9%

Moderate:......** 9%

Progressive:...* 4%

Socialist:........* 4%

Liberal:..........* 4%

Apathetic:......* 4%
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:40:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 10:20:54 AM, OreEle wrote:
That's more in line with our active population, lol. I don't think that it really shows anything other than what the active people are.

The latest statistic shows otherwise.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:48:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
99th percentile compared to general US population:

Atheist + Agnostic: Up 43%

Muslim: Up 3%

Other: Down 1%

Christian: Down 54%
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 9:56:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
90% win ratio or higher in the 98th percentile or higher compared to general DDO population:

Religion

Atheist: Up 32%

Agnostic: Up 5%

Muslim: Up 2%

Christian: Down 34%

Ideology

Libertarian: Up 8%

Anarchist: Up 5%

Apathetic: Up 2%

Moderate: Down 1%

Socialist: Down 1%

Progressive: Down 2%

Conservative: Down 5%

Liberal: Down 14%
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:01:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 9:48:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
99th percentile compared to general US population:

Atheist + Agnostic: Up 31%

Correction

Muslim: Up 3%

Other: Down 1%

Christian: Down 54%
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 10:05:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
90% win ratio or higher in the 98th percentile or higher compared to general US population:

Atheist + Agnostic: Up 35%

Muslim: Up 3%

Christian: Down 63%
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:09:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 9:40:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/8/2011 10:20:54 AM, OreEle wrote:
That's more in line with our active population, lol. I don't think that it really shows anything other than what the active people are.

The latest statistic shows otherwise.

Not really. How many people constitute the 99 percentile and the 90-98 percentile?

It's nothing unknown that the site's active members are heavily Atheist/Agnostic and Libertarian/Anarchist, so it should come to no surprise that most of the common winners (since our leader board doesn't care about win% only the number of wins).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:13:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 11:09:46 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/8/2011 9:40:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/8/2011 10:20:54 AM, OreEle wrote:
That's more in line with our active population, lol. I don't think that it really shows anything other than what the active people are.

The latest statistic shows otherwise.

Not really. How many people constitute the 99 percentile and the 90-98 percentile?

It's nothing unknown that the site's active members are heavily Atheist/Agnostic and Libertarian/Anarchist, so it should come to no surprise that most of the common winners (since our leader board doesn't care about win% only the number of wins).

There's like 10 anarchists. How is that heavily anarchist? -__-
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:14:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 11:13:14 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 3/8/2011 11:09:46 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/8/2011 9:40:42 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/8/2011 10:20:54 AM, OreEle wrote:
That's more in line with our active population, lol. I don't think that it really shows anything other than what the active people are.

The latest statistic shows otherwise.

Not really. How many people constitute the 99 percentile and the 90-98 percentile?

It's nothing unknown that the site's active members are heavily Atheist/Agnostic and Libertarian/Anarchist, so it should come to no surprise that most of the common winners (since our leader board doesn't care about win% only the number of wins).

There's like 10 anarchists. How is that heavily anarchist? -__-

libertarian/anarchists, meaning individuals that support either very small or none at all.

There's also, like, 2 totalitarians (Actually, I can't think of the other, but I'm sure I'm not alone... I hope). So you all seem like you're everywhere.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:16:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 1:52:47 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Felt like making this.

Ideology:

Libertarian:...********* 18%

Not saying:....******** 16%

Conservative: ******* 14%

Liberal:..........****** 12%

Anarchist:......****** 12%

Moderate:......*** 6%

Socialist:........*** 6%

Other:............*** 6%

Progressive:....** 4%

Undecided:......** 4%

Communist:.....* 2%

Religion:

Atheist:.....*********************** 46%

Christian:..*********** 22%

Agnostic:...****** 12%

Not saying: ***** 10%

Muslim:......** 4%

UU:............* 2%

Discordian:..*2%

Other:.........*2%

Nice job, Freedo. However, I do have one question. Did you count Methodists, Catholics, Mormons etc. under the Christian category? I think some people are also listed as protestant Christians.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2011 11:23:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 11:16:41 PM, Freeman wrote:
At 3/8/2011 1:52:47 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Felt like making this.

Ideology:

Libertarian:...********* 18%

Not saying:....******** 16%

Conservative: ******* 14%

Liberal:..........****** 12%

Anarchist:......****** 12%

Moderate:......*** 6%

Socialist:........*** 6%

Other:............*** 6%

Progressive:....** 4%

Undecided:......** 4%

Communist:.....* 2%

Religion:

Atheist:.....*********************** 46%

Christian:..*********** 22%

Agnostic:...****** 12%

Not saying: ***** 10%

Muslim:......** 4%

UU:............* 2%

Discordian:..*2%

Other:.........*2%

Nice job, Freedo. However, I do have one question. Did you count Methodists, Catholics, Mormons etc. under the Christian category? I think some people are also listed as protestant Christians.

I only remember encountering Christian, Christian-Protestant and, I think, Christian-Baptist. I counted them all as just Christian.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
ccstate4peat
Posts: 2,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 10:00:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/4/2011 7:44:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm bumping this because I have to keep going back and looking for it.

Bookmark it or post it on your profile
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2011 11:07:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/8/2011 9:58:45 AM, m93samman wrote:
At 3/8/2011 1:52:47 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Muslim:......** 4%

Lol that's 2 people. Guess who?

you and Mirza.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:35:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ideologies of Atheists and Agnostics in the 99th percentile:

Libertarian:..******* 25%

Anarchist:....****** 21%

Socialist:......****14%

Liberal:.........***10%

Undecided:....** 7%

Conservative: ** 7%

Progressive....*3%

Moderate:......*3%

Communist:...*3%

Other:...........*3%
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:56:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ideologies of Atheists and Agnostics with a 90% win ratio or higher in the 98th percentile or higher.

Anarchist:......*** 27%

Libertarian:....** 18%

Other:...........* 9%

Conservative: * 9%

Moderate:......* 9%

Socialist:.......* 9%

Liberal:.........* 9%

Apathetic:.....* 9%
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2011 11:59:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My last two statistics, as well as those which I will further do, do not include "not saying".
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 12:08:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've always loved statistics :)
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)