Jump to topic:

Proposal for a New Voting System!

PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2008 3:53:50 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
This idea is borrowed from the Newgrounds blaming system.

Basically, the votes for a debate are hidden until the post-voting period. Meanwhile, voters vote based purely on who they believe won.

Now, if said voter voted for the debater that ends up winning, he gets a point. If he voted for the loser, he loses a point. And the goal is to accumulate as many points as possible - to read the debate, and decide accurately who won.

This system would (1) expose vote bombers, (2) encourage the reading of debates, and (3) encourage the accurate judging of debates.

What do you all think?

p.s. this system would require all indefinite debates to be locked.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
beem0r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2008 5:17:47 PM
I don't think it's a good idea. The voting system is fine right now. Hiding who's winning until the voting period's over makes the whole thing much less exciting, and reduces the number of times debaters will go back and look at their old debates.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2008 5:41:00 PM
I was mildly interested until I heard this whole point idea. The goal should not be to vote for who you think other people would vote for, but to vote for who you think won. Also, groups of people who wanted points could all agree to vote for a certain person. I think it is nice to be able to have indefinite votes.

As far as hiding who won until post-voting, I think this should be implemented only as an option for the instigator of the debate, but not a mandatory element.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 2:11:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oldest post way before any of us were here.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 10:56:07 PM
At 6/5/2012 2:14:28 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 6/5/2012 2:11:58 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
Oldest post way before any of us were here.

Is this the OLDEST post?

It's the 106th on this site. Don't know what calvins talking about.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2012 8:32:26 PM
At 10/13/2008 3:53:50 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Basically, the votes for a debate are hidden until the post-voting period. Meanwhile, voters vote based purely on who they believe won.

Now, if said voter voted for the debater that ends up winning, he gets a point. If he voted for the loser, he loses a point. And the goal is to accumulate as many points as possible - to read the debate, and decide accurately who won.

This system would (1) expose vote bombers, (2) encourage the reading of debates, and (3) encourage the accurate judging of debates.

What do you all think?

Thats how it used to be except you could see the votes before voting period ended. I also don't like ending indefinite voting.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2012 9:32:45 PM
At 6/6/2012 8:32:26 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 10/13/2008 3:53:50 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

What do you all think?

Thats how it used to be except you could see the votes before voting period ended. I also don't like ending indefinite voting.

What's wrong with ending it?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)